Handgun background checks...

smilin

BOXER NATION
The defense's argument will be something like, 'but it's all in the name of public safety.'

I know I read this somewhere but out of 52000 checks I think they disallowed 7.

JK :killingme

I wonder what the cost benefit ratio of this superduper MD background check is?

bohman

Well I'll be darned. Thanks.

Edit: Confirmed. Sweet.

Isn't it? :yahoo: I was one of those first-timers you mentioned getting frustrated by the long wait. I have to give them credit for going ahead with releasing.

One thing I've heard about the FFLs' decision process is that they aren't just limited by what the MSP is (or isn't) telling them. They also may have an insurance policy that is contingent on getting the Not Disallowed fax before releasing. Some of them are really over a barrel and losing business as a result, and that's just a shame.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I know I read this somewhere but out of 52000 checks I think they disallowed 7.

JK :killingme

I wonder what the cost benefit ratio of this superduper MD background check is?

Well, 52,000 background checks X however much the fee is. :shrug:
Question is, where's that money goin'?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Well, 52,000 background checks X however much the fee is. :shrug:
Question is, where's that money goin'?

FFL has a transfer fee to get your gun into MD and process it to sell to you..

I don't know of any state fee to get the checks done, is it paid for by Tax Payer funds??

Inkd

FFL has a transfer fee to get your gun into MD and process it to sell to you..

I don't know of any state fee to get the checks done, is it paid for by Tax Payer funds??

I think it's $10.00?

At least that is what I paid at the Leonardtown MSP barrack when I did the paperwork there for a regulated firearm transfer.

sockgirl77

I think it's $10.00?

At least that is what I paid at the Leonardtown MSP barrack when I did the paperwork there for a regulated firearm transfer.

I paid $10 to the dealer in VA to transfer it and $25 to the MD FFL.

Here she is...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370640505529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370640505529.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 92

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think it's $10.00?

Wasn't that for the two fingerprint cards that accompany the application ($5 per card)?

Inkd

Wasn't that for the two fingerprint cards that accompany the application ($5 per card)?

I got fingerprint cards for my short barrel rifle application, but didn't do them at the MSP barrack.

I've done 3 transfers for handguns at the MSP barrack and each time I gave them a $10.00 money order when I filled out the paperwork, I always assumed that was their investigation fee.

As a disclaimer, going to the barrack to get the paperwork done doesn't lessen the wait time or ensure it will be headache free. Out of the 3 transfers I did there, 2 of them got screwed up.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I paid $10 to the dealer in VA to transfer it and $25 to the MD FFL.

Here she is...

That's the same one my hubby wanted to buy me at our local Ace Hardware store. I opted for something else. It's pretty, but I just didn't want pink.

Glad you finally got it, seems like it's been forever.

Last edited: