Handgun background checks...

sockgirl77

That's the same one my hubby wanted to buy me at our local Ace Hardware store. I opted for something else. It's pretty, but I just didn't want pink.

Glad you finally got it, seems like it's been forever.

Ace Hardware sells Sig Sauer?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Fred's was selling .22LR CCI Stingers for $4 and they have been in stock every time I go. I try to go every other day to buy 9mm and .22, sometimes they let me buy 2 boxes of each! Whoo wooo!

Not a prepper, I like go to the range a lot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is why I like my 7.62 pistols.... price is about 40-50 cents a round and there is no shortage of supply and never was.

On the other hand..it was about 25 cents a round a year or so ago.:whistle:

Midnightrider

FFL has a transfer fee to get your gun into MD and process it to sell to you..

I don't know of any state fee to get the checks done, is it paid for by Tax Payer funds??

as i understand it the MSP charges a small fee ($10 i think) to process the background chaeck. that fee is usually in the purchase price otr in the transfer fee. I did have one dealer hit me for it as an add on last year though.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not sure if anyone knew this and I have to verify it. I heard it on the radio this morning and found it here:

Maryland Wait Times for Handguns, Rifles Running 40+ days | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

You see, the law is pretty clear that, after seven days, the FFL can release the firearm, even without receiving approved paperwork from the MSP. Yet the state police have made it clear that no one should actually do it, despite their inability to cope with the amount of background check volume.

So, it appears it's up to your FFL to release the firearm to your possession before the background check comes through. But you have to ask.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maryland State Police > Organization > Support Services Bureau > Licensing Division

LD-FRS-13-001, June 7, 2013

TRANSFER OF A REGULATED FIREARM COMPLIANCE ADVISORY

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division has been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the 7 day waiting period and has been asked by many of our licensed firearms dealers to provide clarity regarding a dealers' ability to release regulated firearms after the expiration of this 7 day period. This weekly advisory is being sent in an effort to provide this clarification and also provide further clarification to the advisory that was issued on May 31, 2013.

Can a Maryland firearm dealer release a regulated firearm after the 7 day waiting period expires?

Under Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article Section 5-123(a) and consistent with Code of Maryland Regulations Title 29 Section 03.01.10, a regulated firearm may be lawfully sold, leased or transferred by a licensed firearms dealer or other person after the seven-day waiting period, provided that the dealer or person has not received notice that the application has been placed on hold or disapproved by Maryland State Police (Public Safety Article Sec. 5-125(b)) and the dealer or person does not have actual knowledge or reasonable cause to believe that the recipient is disqualified from possessing a regulated firearm under Maryland or federal law.

Midnightrider

I'm not sure if anyone knew this and I have to verify it. I heard it on the radio this morning and found it here:

You see, the law is pretty clear that, after seven days, the FFL can release the firearm, even without receiving approved paperwork from the MSP. Yet the state police have made it clear that no one should actually do it, despite their inability to cope with the amount of background check volume.
So, it appears it's up to your FFL to release the firearm to your possession before the background check comes through. But you have to ask.

the bolded part is wrong as your next post indicates. The MSP has actually made sure that dealers are aware of the process by which they can release firearms on the 8th day and still be in full compliance with the law. I dont see that as "making it clear that no one should do it. Also, in talking with several FFLs i have learned that most are working with their local barracks to ensure their process/waiver is acceptable prior to beginning 8th day releases.