Here I am..31 going on 5!

mrboswell

Here is my struggle with marriage. I have wanted to leave mine for years,and actually did for awhile,but then came back. There is no abuse..just neglect and the "Rain man" thing he has going on:lmao:
But for some reason,I can't shake that feeling of embarrassment at the thought of leaving him for good. Everyone tells me he is such a great guy,and that I am lucky to have found " a good one". WHy do I ,at 31,still feel like a little girl about this issue,like I am afraid to disappoint my parents,who love him? And why do I have such a daddy complex with him,where I really don't want to be here,I just want to make HIM want me here. Nuts. What can I say. Any of you out there feeling this way about your marriage? More worried about others thinking you f'ed up by leaving than following your heart?

backagain39

Here is my struggle with marriage. I have wanted to leave mine for years,and actually did for awhile,but then came back. There is no abuse..just neglect and the "Rain man" thing he has going on:lmao:
But for some reason,I can't shake that feeling of embarrassment at the thought of leaving him for good. Everyone tells me he is such a great guy,and that I am lucky to have found " a good one". WHy do I ,at 31,still feel like a little girl about this issue,like I am afraid to disappoint my parents,who love him? And why do I have such a daddy complex with him,where I really don't want to be here,I just want to make HIM want me here. Nuts. What can I say. Any of you out there feeling this way about your marriage? More worried about others thinking you f'ed up by leaving than following your heart?

Marriage is HARD!!! and being single is not a bed of roses either. Do you have children? Maybe you and hubby just need a break???? I can't tell you what to do or feel but just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.................

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sounds like you married young.

My advice is to stick it out if he's a genuinely good guy. You get out there and date a bit, you'll see that there are a lot of jerks and some other woman will snap up your good guy in a heartbeat.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Marriage is HARD!!! and being single is not a bed of roses either. Do you have children? Maybe you and hubby just need a break???? I can't tell you what to do or feel but just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.................

Tell my wife that!

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Hey Rich.....take out the trash without being told and clean up the kitchen a couple of times...........you will see a new woman.....THEN TAKE HER OUT TO DINNER..................:buddies:

I always did that. She just recently left me because she feel she missed out on things from getting married too young. But she will learn the grass is not any greener wherever she goes.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I always did that. She just recently left me because she feel she missed out on things from getting married too young. But she will learn the grass is not any greener wherever she goes.

This "excuse" has never worked for me. I don't want to be rude or hurtful to you but what exactly has she missed out on except for learning a little something about responsibility and committment and having less bed partners? I' m sorry for your situation and I hope things work out alright for you.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
This "excuse" has never worked for me. I don't want to be rude or hurtful to you but what exactly has she missed out on except for learning a little something about responsibility and committment and having less bed partners? I' m sorry for your situation and I hope things work out alright for you.

Who are you telling. I know excatly what you mean. Its a bunch of BS

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

How long have you been married? It sounds like there's no real affection - like romantic gestures or touching and little if any communication going on. When did all of that start or should I say stop? If you don't feed this marriage (or any marriage) it will definitely starve to death! The whole "keeping up appearances for the sake of others" routine stinks and you can't get away with it forever. Eventually it'll blowup in your face. Besides, you already don't want to live like that. You either need to talk to your husband and see if you both want to save this marriage or give it a decent burial aka divorce and move on.

meangirl

Nice lady!

Very well said! :yay: