hey there

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
MysticalMom said:
I know they will prescribe liquid THC for cancer patients and the like, to help with appetite. BUT..it's synthetic and not...the same. Not as good because it's a combination of the stuff in marijuana that does it..not just the THC.

or so I've been told. :whistle:

Weezy

Exxcelllllenttt
MysticalMom said:
I know they will prescribe liquid THC for cancer patients and the like, to help with appetite. BUT..it's synthetic and not...the same. Not as good because it's a combination of the stuff in marijuana that does it..not just the THC.
I never knew that, I always thought it was just the THC that made people high...guess you learn something new everyday.

sockgirl77

MysticalMom said:
I want a doctors note! :drool:

No really, I have a medical condition that causes intense pain. They say it is THE most painful condition diagnosed in the medical profession and no doctor would ever give me pot. Damn them. :tantrum

Now I don't understand the medical Marijuana thing. The state of Maryland doesn't recognize medical marijuna does it? No doctor in the state will give you any prescription for it.

The State of Maryland would probably recognize the patients bill of rights, sure, but would they think it applied to the use of marijuana since marijuana is not recognized as having any medicinal purpose in this state?

These state laws specify that marijuana can be used to treat diseases such as arthritis, cachexia, cancer, chronic nervous system disorders, chronic pain, Crohn's disease, epilepsy and other seizure disorders, glaucoma, HIV or AIDS, multiple sclerosis and other muscle spasticity disorders, and help patients cope with severe migraines, severe nausea, and the side effects of chemotherapy. The requirements for patients and doctors to be protected by these laws vary from state to state.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sockgirl77 said:
These state laws specify that marijuana can be used to treat diseases such as arthritis, cachexia, cancer, chronic nervous system disorders, chronic pain, Crohn's disease, epilepsy and other seizure disorders, glaucoma, HIV or AIDS, multiple sclerosis and other muscle spasticity disorders, and help patients cope with severe migraines, severe nausea, and the side effects of chemotherapy. The requirements for patients and doctors to be protected by these laws vary from state to state.

I like to see a link to what MD's laws are on this.

rocknroll should be able to provide that. :tap:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tigerlily said:
He's also probably growing his own.
Man in pokey after reporting purloined pot
Associated Press
January 31, 2006

OREM, Utah - An man who called police to report the theft of a quarter-pound of marijuana was arrested when police recovered the bag of pot and then invited him to come to the Public Safety Building to identify it.

Kory C. Tippetts, 18, identified the pot as his and then was arrested and booked into the Utah County jail for investigation of possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute, police said Tuesday.

Tippetts had called police on Monday evening after he returned home and found that someone had broken a window, got cut on the glass, and crawled into the house. Tippetts told police the only thing missing was the quarter-pound of marijuana he was selling.

Tippetts also told officers that earlier in the day a man had called him about buying some marijuana, but he was on his way to work and told the caller no.

Tippetts gave police the man's name.

Officers found Richard W. Hight, 23, at his mother's home in Provo. He had a cut on his arm and blood-soaked pants. Police also recovered six ounces of marijuana at the home.

Hight was arrested for investigation of burglary, theft and possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute and booked into the Utah County jail.

I wonder if his name is Kory?

rocknroll

MysticalMom said:
I want a doctors note! :drool:

No really, I have a medical condition that causes intense pain. They say it is THE most painful condition diagnosed in the medical profession and no doctor would ever give me pot. Damn them. :tantrum

Now I don't understand the medical Marijuana thing. The state of Maryland doesn't recognize medical marijuna does it? No doctor in the state will give you any prescription for it.

The State of Maryland would probably recognize the patients bill of rights, sure, but would they think it applied to the use of marijuana since marijuana is not recognized as having any medicinal purpose in this state?

hey mystical

here are the details:

http://safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=2050

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
rocknroll said:
this is the absolute fastest way to get there from mechanicsville. I've done it a bunch.

take rte 5 up to suitland parkway, then SPARK IT UP go left and ride that into the city where it becomes south capitol street. you're only on south capitol a short time, when you're passing the best western hotel on the left you need to stay in the middle lane for the downtown ramp that takes you up to the left. I believe ITS TIME FOR A BONG HIT the sign says "downtown" or "D st." or both. you'll be able to see the ramp you're getting on, just stay in the middle and you'll see where it goes up and then curves to the left. this will put you on 295 WASTE HEADED west. you go down 295 and take the 12th street exit. it's clearly marked. when you're GETTING HIGH going up 12th street you want to get over to 14th and keep heading north. theres a number of lefts you can take and you've got plenty of time to do so. I usually go left on pennsylvania ave then go right on 14th. you ride 14th several blocks all the way up to P street and make a left on that, then TAKE A TOAK go several blocks on P street, around dupont LOOK OUT FOR THE FAGS circle, keep going, eventually you'll pop out on wisconsin ave and you're almost HIGH there. make a right on wisconsin, and you can go up and make a left on reservoirrd to take you to the hospital or you can do A ONE HITTER RIGHT HERE this: make the quicker left on Q street, then right on 35th, then left on reservoir rd.

I have to take someone to GET HIGH dr's appointment now & when I get back I'll tell you how to come home because it is slightly different.

:FIXED:

mrweb

Iron City
rocknroll said:
not one person in the history of the world has ever died from smoking marijuana.

Thats a pretty bold statement m'boy. Where do you derive your data or you just guessing?

sockgirl77

rocknroll said:
not really a bold statement. more like common knowledge.
:nono:
http://www.ourdrugfreekids.org/marijuana connection.htm

The Marijuana Connection
Saying no one ever died from smoking marijuana is like saying no one ever died from smoking tobacco.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 1999

Commentary on Institute of Medicine Marijuana Study

As one of the final reviewers of the Institute of Medicine evaluation of marijuana, and as a physician who has studied this issue for over twenty years, I am aggravated by the inaccurate portrayal of marijuana that the media has generally set forth.
The IOM summary should be seen as a victory for opponents of smoked marijuana. It supported research into naturally occurring or synthetic cannabinoids, but it also stated that any research using any form of THC should culminate in the development of non-smoked forms of THC.
The body of the study evaluated the health risks of marijuana in depth. It highlighted the effects on motor coordination, the respiratory system, the immune system, and addiction. It determined that marijuana is a gateway drug. This effect is more a result of intense pro-marijuana lobbying and public relations rather than intrinsic properties of the drug.
Furthermore, the study should serve as a death knell for the ballot initiatives and state laws allowing the prescribing of marijuana to virtually any patient.
With regard to the use of smoked marijuana, the final recommendations speak for themselves:

"Short-term use of smoked marijuana (less than six months) for patients with debilitating symptoms (such as intractable pain or vomiting) must meet the following conditions:

failure of all approved medications to provide relief has been documented;

the symptoms can reasonably be expected to be relieved by rapid-onset cannabinoid drugs;

such treatment is administered under medical supervision in a manner that allows for assessment of treatment effectiveness;

and involves an oversight strategy comparable to an institutional review board process that could provide guidance within 24 hours of a submission by a physician to provide marijuana to to a patient for specified use".

The IOM findings are consistent with previous evaluations by the American Medical Association and the National Institutes of Health. They are a long way from wide support for the use of marijuana. If anything, the headlines should say,

"Smoked marijuana as a medicine is dead."

Sincerely,

Eric A. Voth M.D., FACP
Chairman

mrweb

Iron City
rocknroll said:
not really a bold statement. more like common knowledge.
Interesting this is "common knowledge." You would have thought I would have known this, what with me being a Federal narcotics agent in my former profession for about 10 years.

Weezy

Exxcelllllenttt
mrweb said:
Thats a pretty bold statement m'boy. Where do you derive your data or you just guessing?
So just wondering has anyone ever died of a marijuana over dose and do you have supporting evidence, just wondering, I don't know drug stats.

Weezy

Exxcelllllenttt
I agree sockgirl, also its like saying no ones ever died from alcohol, God look at how many people die from drunk drivers, and how many people that are addicted to alcohol do crazy things like killing their spouses or beating them etc etc., yet alcohol is never attacked as a drug, but IT IS a drug

NOTE: yes I drink, I like to get drunk, just stating the obvious

rocknroll

ok, to clarify, there has never been a death from a "marijuana overdose" in recorded history

there have been a handful of deaths from accidents that were attributed to being high marijuana, although extremely rare

marijuana smoke is also no less likely to cause lung cancer than cigarette smoke, obviously. the thing is people who smoke pot don't smoke nearly as much pot as people who smoke cigarettes smoke tobacco. that's just a fact.
I'm not even saying it's unlikely to cause lung cancer, but there's just never been a case of lung cancer solely attributed to marijuana smoke.

every day, people die in jail that were put there for marijuana offenses.