High School Football This Weekend

smilin

BOXER NATION
CHS isn't doing very good this year... So far anyway... i hope the homecoming game goes better...

They have a tough schedule. But, they are ranked very high in Maryland because of their strength and that QB is a good one, I've seen him play since he was a little guy.
School sports are always a rebuilding effort. Just when they know what's going on they graduate and you start over again.
The hard thing is the mental attitude, CHS has always had that pride. GMHS may get some of it back this year. The pre season reviews all said the same thing: GMHS needs confidence. When you have a winning team, more kids try out, more kids want to be on the team and they study/work out harder.
The opposite has been a problem for years at GMHS, maybe this will go a long way to changing the general attitude towards GMHS.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
They have a tough schedule. But, they are ranked very high in Maryland because of their strength and that QB is a good one, I've seen him play since he was a little guy.
School sports are always a rebuilding effort. Just when they know what's going on they graduate and you start over again.
The hard thing is the mental attitude, CHS has always had that pride. GMHS may get some of it back this year. The pre season reviews all said the same thing: GMHS needs confidence. When you have a winning team, more kids try out, more kids want to be on the team and they study/work out harder.
The opposite has been a problem for years at GMHS, maybe this will go a long way to changing the general attitude towards GMHS.

And to think the qb is only a sophomore. :clap:

Sad thing is their JV football squad has few members than their JV cheerleading squad. Dismal turnout in the underclassmen ranks for football at CHS.

And LilHorseChick, I'll settle for a decent showing this weekend vs. North Point. They seem to give up during the second half. It's like you can watch the fire burn out. :ohwell: They've had some good first halves this year, but can't seem to keep it going throughout the 2nd.

Pete

Repete
And to think the qb is only a sophomore. :clap:

Sad thing is their JV football squad has few members than their JV cheerleading squad. Dismal turnout in the underclassmen ranks for football at CHS.

And LilHorseChick, I'll settle for a decent showing this weekend vs. North Point. They seem to give up during the second half. It's like you can watch the fire burn out. :ohwell: They've had some good first halves this year, but can't seem to keep it going throughout the 2nd.

Lack of conditioning?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Lack of conditioning?

I don't think so. I think they just get down on themselves for some reason or another. The same coaching staff that's been there for years is still in place and I don't think their routine's changed. They had a stellar season last year and got a tough schedule this year because of it. They also lost 20 of 22 starters to graduation.

Perhaps last years freshmen thought that football was too hard so they decided not to return this year, which be cause for the small numbers on JV...I don't know. :shrug:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Calvert Football has been a joke since Franks left. Its quite sad to see that program become what it has after the state championship.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I don't think so. I think they just get down on themselves for some reason or another. The same coaching staff that's been there for years is still in place and I don't think their routine's changed. They had a stellar season last year and got a tough schedule this year because of it. They also lost 20 of 22 starters to graduation.

Perhaps last years freshmen thought that football was too hard so they decided not to return this year, which be cause for the small numbers on JV...I don't know. :shrug:

Whenever you lose all but 2 of your starters you are in for a logn year..... :\

JohnH

Chopticon is due to have a breakout game this week at home against North Point. Northpoint is 3-0 but has only been winning the games by the scores of 12-7 or 13-7...
Chopticon has been moving the ball very well between the 20 yard lines but, seems to have problems inside the "red zone". A fully healthy Aaron Makle at RB will help as well...This will be a better game than everyone is expecting.

BTW...You can now hear CHS football games LIVE online at
www.audiosportsonline.net/Chopticon/2009football

if there is a problem with finding our server (we learned that Mozilla firefox says "cannot find server") use internet explorer.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Chopticon is due to have a breakout game this week at home against North Point. Northpoint is 3-0 but has only been winning the games by the scores of 12-7 or 13-7...
Chopticon has been moving the ball very well between the 20 yard lines but, seems to have problems inside the "red zone". A fully healthy Aaron Makle at RB will help as well...This will be a better game than everyone is expecting.

if there is a problem with finding our server (we learned that Mozilla firefox says "cannot find server") use internet explorer.

Aaron's back! :yahoo: He's been jonesing to play and should give the team the emotional boost they need.

Last week at H-town, they were in the red zone more than Huntingtown; they just couldn't capitalize.

They just really need to stay focused and not get down on themselves late in the 3rd quarter.

JohnH

Very true Nacho... I almost want to predict the upset this week...

IF they are close, I think the heart and attitude will be there in the third and fourth quarters... The key is to make the right decisions after the snap!
If they just play their game...they will pull off the BIG upset! :clap:

JohnH

Leonardtown might get their first win this week too, as they play at home
against 0-3 Thomas Stone.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Very true Nacho... I almost want to predict the upset this week...

IF they are close, I think the heart and attitude will be there in the third and fourth quarters... The key is to make the right decisions after the snap!
If they just play their game...they will pull off the BIG upset! :clap:

They had such an awesome first half last week, holding Huntingtown's offense to just 9 points and snagging the safety. Then they had a couple bad plays in the 3rd quarter and they unraveled. I was really hoping when they scored the TD that would get their motivation level back up. :ohwell:

I know I'll be cheering the guys on! :nacho:

smilin

BOXER NATION

CHS isn't listed!?

smilin

BOXER NATION
Htown won... wow upset westlake...

i saw CHS got rocked...

How did gmhs do ?

Holy @#@P! Htown did it! Westlake was ranked #8 in the DC area.
CHS is in a rebuilding cycle. It's just going to be that kind of year. They will come back big time as soon as they get a core of starters used to playing with each other.
Haven't heard about LHS but ran into a kid this morning who said he thought
GMHS won. Never know.
Here's a good site if you like to look at stats on the local High Schools:Southern Maryland 09-10 Football Standings - Maxpreps

chess

low 5... hi 5......
yeah LHS won unreal

like i told nacho... when you lose that many starters regardless your in for a bad year...

JohnH

You have to use the ENTIRE address to get to the CHS page...
some people had a problem that used Firefox last week, Use Internet Explorer

The full address iswww.audiosportsline.net/Chopticon/2009football.htm

You can also listen to Archives of the last two games there...
However, If you are a fan of CHS...you might not want to...:-(