Holding McCarthy’s Feet to the Fire

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
And another "benefit" of the Gaetz gambit is that everything in the House is shut down until a new Speaker is selected. No oversight, no inquiry, no move on advancing independent budget bills, nothing. He did everything the Dems wanted all in one swift act.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
And another "benefit" of the Gaetz gambit is that everything in the House is shut down until a new Speaker is selected. No oversight, no inquiry, no move on advancing independent budget bills, nothing. He did everything the Dems wanted all in one swift act.
It really wouldn’t surprise me to see a D get the job, everyone who’s name was pitched for the job voted for McCarthy.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It really wouldn’t surprise me to see a D get the job, everyone who’s name was pitched for the job voted for McCarthy.
The only way that would happen is if GOPers jump ship, I don't see that. While I don't know much about him (other then he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin') Scalise might be good for the job. At least he gets the sympathy vote for taking one for the team.

TPD

the poor dad

TPD

the poor dad
The only way that would happen is if GOPers jump ship, I don't see that. While I don't know much about him (other then he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin') Scalise might be good for the job. At least he gets the sympathy vote for taking one for the team.
.@SteveScalise has begun calling Republicans seeking their support to become speaker, per multiple sources

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
:lmao: I think Chip Roy must have read my post on the forums! On FNC a few moments ago,
he said something to the effect of The House will make it through this - it's not like when they had a duel between 2 members. (paraphrased) :roflmao:

@TPD He also mentioned Scalise was fighting cancer right now, and he wants to make sure he puts his health first, but that he was going to be talking to different House members about the Speaker position.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gutfeld said, “It’s kind of sad because nobody bothered to bring any clarity to this. If you can’t explain or persuade your point without putting people to sleep, you lose. These parties, we realize, are not mirror images. One wants to win and the other doesn’t. They shot themselves in the foot and by ‘the foot’ I mean head.”

He continued, “He broke promises. I had to go find out what these promises were. He promised to use the 2022 baseline numbers as appropriation numbers for this year – and he didn’t. Are you angry? He promised not to let bills pass with support of more Dems than Republicans. Maybe he didn’t. Are you pissed? I don’t know. Not to take up a bill with unanimity among Republicans on the House Rules Committee. McCarthy denies making the two latter promises. So, who’s telling the truth? I don’t know. I’m not sure that I care because I’m with Trump on this. I mean we’re talking about this instead of the border, instead of crime, instead of inflation.”

DaSDGuy

No way do they pass another CR after November. Government will be shut down for sure now. Gaetz just handed the libs the White House in '24

SamSpade

Twice the people have given the House to the Rs. Both times, they have turned it into a complete sideshow. FVcking useless.
I think when they took it in ‘94, they made a big difference.

Since the Dems had had it for so long, taking it in ‘94 did another thing - made people realize a Republican House was not just possible but likely.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think when they took it in ‘94, they made a big difference.

Since the Dems had had it for so long, taking it in ‘94 did another thing - made people realize a Republican House was not just possible but likely.

I'm thinking more recently. The Obamacare "fix" ring a bell? "A plan, you mean we were supposed to have a plan to do the things we said we would do? "

They need to stop jerking off to ideological purity and get stuff done. Compromise isn't betrayal, its how stuff gets done.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pelosi will be homeless tomorrow, or rather officeless.

See, this sort of crap. You might think we have slight bigger fish to fry than pisssing in Nancy's Wheaties. Evidently not.

But her excuse means nothing, its not like she would have been schlepping boxes. Her staff would be doing all that.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Nancy Pelosi evicted from her private office in the Capitol by interim House speaker

McHenry assumed the temporary speakership after now-former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy was ousted on Tuesday

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was evicted from her private Capitol office by the new speaker pro-tempore.

Fox News Digital confirmed that House Speaker pro-tempore Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., gave the order to Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway by Wednesday.

McHenry is a close ally to now-former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who was ousted from his role on Tuesday.

McHenry's eviction order was one of the congressman's first acts as the top House lawmaker.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everybody acts like oh, we lost a stalwart champion :drama: but McCarthy wasn't even better than nothing. "Oh we need to drain the swamp" but when someone tries to do that everyone freaks out. "Oh who's going to stop the Democrats now?" when McCarthy wasn't lifting even a pinky toe to stop the Democrats. "Now the progs can run amok!" when the progs already were running amok with no pushback from the "Republican" "leadership".

They had to freaking put him in a Greco-Roman leg lock to get him to start an investigation into the Biden Crime family. And then he whined and cried about it - "Nancy did it first!" Kevin McCarthy is not a leader and he should have never been there in the first place. Making a California liberal on the take the GOP Speaker - yeah, what could go wrong?

Some of ya'll need to examine yourselves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pelosi will be homeless tomorrow, or rather officeless.

See? He's already doing better than McCarthy.

And Nancy crying that she's at the Feinstein rally and can't get her stuff, like she wouldn't have had a lackey do it anyway. :lol:

Hijinx

I don't know about anyone else , but I like moving Nancy, if it were up to me I would put her in a small office next to the coke machine.
And if she wasn't out by today I would have the troops move her out and put her sht in a storage room in the basement.

She deserves to be treated like the POS she is.

It certainly is what she would do in the same position.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
As Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has been booted from his post as House speaker after a motion to vacate brought forth by hardliner Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Calif., an unlikely nominee has been suggested as next speaker: former President Donald Trump.

Texas Rep. Troy Nehls said in a statement Tuesday afternoon his first order of business when the House reconvenes "will be to nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives."

"President Trump, the greatest President of my lifetime, has a proven record of putting America First and will make the House great again," he said..

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chip Roy gets my vote, but I'd settle for Scalise.

Honestly, Gaetz just showed the courage and leadership we should be expecting out of ALL our representatives, so I think he'd make a great Speaker.