HOLY CHIT!!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Nope, not at all. The SS had the ultimate responsibility with regard to protection. It was their ball and they not only dropped it but ran it into the opposition's endzone.
and SHAME on the SS for trying to pass that buck.

F that! This falls on them. To check and double check. Expect and Inspect.

So simple

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I know it's Reddit, but someone sent me a video of the full 2 minutes of people screaming about the guy on the roof BEFORE he shot Trump. I thought the SS had earpieces?

Someone explain this to me......

If someone could post this for all of us........
Do you have that link handy so you can share?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Someone explain this to me......

If someone could post this for all of us........

SamSpade

I was surprised to read one of Turley's recent columns --

........Adams displayed the most shocking collapse in faith after he became president. The man who praised the “Dignity, Majesty, [and] Sublimity” of the Boston Tea Party, immediately turned on his political opponents with a crackdown under the infamous Alien and Sedition Acts. Even members of Congress were not immune from the arrests as he met citizen rage with state rage.

Jefferson would ultimately pardon those convicted under Adams. Yet, he would also yield to that “monster” in using the criminal system to target his own critics, though to a lesser extent as his predecessor.

......If they want history to repeat itself in November, they should make free speech a central issue in their campaigns. Joe Biden is undeniably the most anti-free speech president since Adams in his support for an unprecedented censorship system that a federal court called “Orwellian.”

......... Jefferson referred to Adams and his Federalist administration as “the reign of the witches.” Federalists denounced Jeffersonians as “Jacobins” and “traitors.”

Today President Biden and his allies are declaring that democracy will end if Trump is elected and that he will, according to MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, “throw away” democracy. On ABC’s “The View,” host Whoopi Goldberg warned journalists and “gay folk” that Trump is planning to round them up and “disappear you.” Former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., warned that, if Trump wins, this “may well be the last real vote you ever get to cast.”

Back then, the rhetoric was equally overwrought. Media was also openly biased and Federalist newspapers declared that “Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes.”

Conversely, a Jeffersonian writer warned that, if the Federalists were elected, “chains, dungeons, transportation, and perhaps the gibbet” awaited citizens. Others predicted that under Adams they “would instantaneously be put to death.”

Sound familiar?

I'm not old enough to remember Adams and Jefferson, but I do remember that Reagan was going to bring on WW3 - known as "Ray-Gun" - and the slogan on campus was "how many children have you killed today"? I remember how Bush was going to usher in a theocracy and compel children to pray in schools. And I don't have words for all of the Handmaid's Tale crap that Trump was going to do.

Next time someone says that phrase - uttered so often, it's not only a mantra to the left but has taken on a life of its own as some kind of basic, axiomatic truth of the universe - "existential threat to Democracy" - I'd like to ask, what is the worst thing he intends to do? Oh, outlaw abortion across the nation? He's said repeatedly, he is against that. So - what is he going to do? Repeal the First Amendment?

Geez, have you NO FAITH in this country? We created this nation so that no one can pull this kind of crap EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO.

(Note: Gutfeld mentioned tonight that Biden wished for Trump's recovery and wished him well - huh? Isn't he the biggest threat to Democracy? Who wishes HITLER would get better?)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Only speculating, but the simplest explanation would be SS on their frequencies, FBI on their frequencies, State Police on their frequencies, County Sheriff on their frequencies and no interoperability of coordination. Absolute planning failure.

But but but . . . . What about all the money spent on nearly most, if not all, law enforcement agencies converting over to an all digital communication system. Wasn't that touted as the best and most interoperability communication systems evah? /s

Hijinx

Only speculating, but the simplest explanation would be SS on their frequencies, FBI on their frequencies, State Police on their frequencies, County Sheriff on their frequencies and no interoperability of coordination. Absolute planning failure.
That is probable, and another look at it , and I would say the Secret Service didn't want anyone else on their frequency.

Hijinx

For your consideration ...

But but but . . . . What about all the money spent on nearly most, if not all, law enforcement agencies converting over to an all digital communication system. Wasn't that touted as the best and most interoperability communication systems evah? /s
Nothing wrong with the digital system, but it still has frequencies, a helluva lot of them, with the new radios you can get lost and have a hard time getting back to your own and still not find the one you were looking for.

Hijinx

I was surprised to read one of Turley's recent columns --

........Adams displayed the most shocking collapse in faith after he became president. The man who praised the “Dignity, Majesty, [and] Sublimity” of the Boston Tea Party, immediately turned on his political opponents with a crackdown under the infamous Alien and Sedition Acts. Even members of Congress were not immune from the arrests as he met citizen rage with state rage.

Jefferson would ultimately pardon those convicted under Adams. Yet, he would also yield to that “monster” in using the criminal system to target his own critics, though to a lesser extent as his predecessor.

......If they want history to repeat itself in November, they should make free speech a central issue in their campaigns. Joe Biden is undeniably the most anti-free speech president since Adams in his support for an unprecedented censorship system that a federal court called “Orwellian.”

......... Jefferson referred to Adams and his Federalist administration as “the reign of the witches.” Federalists denounced Jeffersonians as “Jacobins” and “traitors.”

Today President Biden and his allies are declaring that democracy will end if Trump is elected and that he will, according to MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, “throw away” democracy. On ABC’s “The View,” host Whoopi Goldberg warned journalists and “gay folk” that Trump is planning to round them up and “disappear you.” Former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., warned that, if Trump wins, this “may well be the last real vote you ever get to cast.”

Back then, the rhetoric was equally overwrought. Media was also openly biased and Federalist newspapers declared that “Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes.”

Conversely, a Jeffersonian writer warned that, if the Federalists were elected, “chains, dungeons, transportation, and perhaps the gibbet” awaited citizens. Others predicted that under Adams they “would instantaneously be put to death.”

Sound familiar?

I'm not old enough to remember Adams and Jefferson, but I do remember that Reagan was going to bring on WW3 - known as "Ray-Gun" - and the slogan on campus was "how many children have you killed today"? I remember how Bush was going to usher in a theocracy and compel children to pray in schools. And I don't have words for all of the Handmaid's Tale crap that Trump was going to do.

Next time someone says that phrase - uttered so often, it's not only a mantra to the left but has taken on a life of its own as some kind of basic, axiomatic truth of the universe - "existential threat to Democracy" - I'd like to ask, what is the worst thing he intends to do? Oh, outlaw abortion across the nation? He's said repeatedly, he is against that. So - what is he going to do? Repeal the First Amendment?

Geez, have you NO FAITH in this country? We created this nation so that no one can pull this kind of crap EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO.

(Note: Gutfeld mentioned tonight that Biden wished for Trump's recovery and wished him well - huh? Isn't he the biggest threat to Democracy? Who wishes HITLER would get better?)
One thing that can be said is that there is nothing new. History is often repeated. Truman was the last President who actually studied history.

Tech

Nothing wrong with the digital system, but it still has frequencies, a helluva lot of them, with the new radios you can get lost and have a hard time getting back to your own and still not find the one you were looking for.
That's why they have communication vans as central radio hubs. One group of people listening to all the different agencies and details. If they heard the locals talking about a person the roof they can direct the other resources. Did someone dropped the ball in the van? Did someone overide the orders?

SamSpade

One thing that can be said is that there is nothing new. History is often repeated. Truman was the last President who actually studied history.
I guess it's not that it repeats itself that is so eye-opening about those quotes, the NASTINESS and VICIOUSNESS of those campaigns.

It's that those remarks are about THOMAS JEFFERSON and JOHN ADAMS - among our greatest leaders - the man who penned the Declaration and another Founding Father without whom, I seriously doubt we could have won the war.

NO ONE in the White House in my lifetime could hold a candle to these men - IN politics and OUT. And yet - these things were said about them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
History is often repeated.

Because innate human behavior doesn't change.

Nerd alert! :nerd:

Behavioral atavism is a fascinating thing, and it's something of a misnomer because it's not *reverting* to primitive behavior; that behavior is always present, it's just tamped down by societal expectations. Under stress or provocation, humans lose their company manners and the primal part of their brain takes over.

Democrats and other Leftists have been experiencing this in the extreme for the last 9 years, and certainly before to a lesser degree. The primal part of their brain is being nurtured and normalized by repetition. And when you surround yourself with people acting outside the societal norm, that behavior - regardless of how abhorrent and bizarre - becomes the norm, i.e. "everyone I know is like this."

</nerd>

We call the leaders who trigger this phenomenon in humans "stupid" but they are not stupid at all. They know how humans work and use it to their advantage.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Behavioral atavism is a fascinating thing, and it's something of a misnomer because it's not *reverting* to primitive behavior; that behavior is always present, it's just tamped down by societal expectations. Under stress or provocation, humans lose their company manners and the primal part of their brain takes over.
Sounds like a perfect description of the feral issue.