HOLY CHIT!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
That's the part that has me wondering. In a related muse, how or why would that kid have assumed (or even worse, known) that rooftop and building would not be manned or at the least, not under continuous direct surveillance.

I mean I'm just a guy, but I was considering vantage points I would dismiss that one as too freaking obvious.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I mean I'm just a guy, but I was considering vantage points I would dismiss that one as too freaking obvious.
Maybe this was another FBI operation like the Gretchen Whitmer Kidnapping.

Wouldn't put it past the shifty bastages these days.

And we know they dont' like Trump.

FBI clears it to happen and watches it go through.

Kid can't tell them anything now. :sshrug:

Reactions: BOP

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Nixon was never impeached. They had not even started proceedings.
While I agree that he was never impeached the process had started - "July 27, the House Judiciary Committee approved its first article of impeachment charging President Nixon with obstruction of justice. Six of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article. The following Monday the Committee approved its second article charging Nixon with abuse of power. The next day, the third and final article, contempt of Congress, was approved." https://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/impeachments/nixon.htm

Hijinx

Most of the country including Republicans either hated Nixon or felt betrayed by him. Had he been impeached, there's little doubt there would have been enough votes - probably the last time there was anything resembling honesty in those chambers over abuse of office. Nowadays, it's strictly partisan, with Democrats never breaking rank.

So Ford's biggest problem was pardoning Nixon. The press made a case that he probably got the nod IN EXCHANGE for a pardon. STILL, it was a very close race. That's the first campaign I ever followed closely. Prior to that, I was still an adolescent and didn't go past TV commercials. I still remember one of Ford's remarks, regarding Carter - "My record is one of progress, not platitudes. My record is one of specifics, not smiles."

But you are correct - the enthusiasm gap between Ford and Carter is wide.
You see how phucked up and divisive this country is now.?
That is what would have happened if Nixon had not been pardoned.
These dumb Democrat shts to day don't care, so they used laws--some they made up--to go after a President.

Hijinx

While I agree that he was never impeached the process had started - "July 27, the House Judiciary Committee approved its first article of impeachment charging President Nixon with obstruction of justice. Six of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article. The following Monday the Committee approved its second article charging Nixon with abuse of power. The next day, the third and final article, contempt of Congress, was approved." https://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/impeachments/nixon.htm
All Nixon had to do was burn the tapes and he was home free., say what you want about Nixon but he was a good President who was caught doing what barrack Obama did . spying on the opposition. Barrack got away with it Nixon didn't,

stgislander

PREMO Member
Screen grab from the latest Spoon video. He's brutal on the female SS agents (and women in politics in general).
Trump-Spoon.jpg