Holy chit!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

WHOO DAWGIE! City-Dwelling Lefty Goes on Block-A-Thon After Snotty Dig at Random Hillbillies BACKFIRES

Tell us you've never been outside of the city without telling us you've never been outside of the city. And seriously, what was Alex trying to accomplish here? Accuse the hillbillies actually helping people in the wake of Helene of being liars?

This was just all sorts of wrong and of course, if WE'RE writing about it, it went very wrong.

Take a look:

1728136684268.png

1728136723938.png

1728136748625.png

1728136785174.png

1728136810958.png

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

His post continues:

- "We have transported 13,000 pounds of food."
- "President Biden decided to do a fly-in... he put a 30-mile TFR around the actual impacted area, which means that no helicopters and no plane have any access or any capability to fly."
"So for four hours, they were grounded, search and rescue were grounded, distribution of food and supplies was grounded."

Interestingly enough, they didn't have to shut down efforts when Trump showed up several days earlier.

Huh.

Reactions: BOP

Chopticon64

For your consideration ...

Ok, I'll bite. Since I've never seen your explanation as to why the Gulf is hot, or never been hotter. I am genuinely curious, and not looking for an argument.
I think it’s due to us pumping gasses, known to trap heat, into the atmosphere for the last 100+ years. You might think it’s due to a volcano, I don’t care.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I think it’s due to us pumping gasses, known to trap heat, into the atmosphere for the last 100+ years. You might think it’s due to a volcano, I don’t care.

Well, in the Gulf, I don't think there is any volcanic activity anyway that would contribute to it getting warmer. What I do know is this; that air temperatures do not cause water temperatures to rise. What does, in part, cause water temperatures to rise, is the sun's energy. Which of late, meaning for the past several decades, there is more of the sun's energy getting though to the Earth's surface, and the water's of the Earth, causing water temperatures to rise due to the weakening of the Earth's magnetosphere, in addition to the sun's rising activity cycle.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

So the ocean is not uniformly warming at the same rate. Some parts of the ocean warm faster, and some parts warm slower. The Gulf of Mexico is a semi-enclosure. The loop current and the loop current eddies actually direct a huge amount of heat from the Caribbean Sea into the Gulf of Mexico. And because of the general tropical structure of the Gulf of Mexico, a lot of heat is starting to get inside it, causing the warming.

I see. So you have basically the flow of the water from the Caribbean Sea, if I understand it, entering an already warm body of water, which is the Gulf of Mexico. And that increases the temperature, from what I understand you’re saying. Is that right?

Yes, that’s correct.