holy sh!t

SmallTown

Football season!
Christy said:
If we ever hope to give the troops everything they need we'd have to cut off the welfare chics from the gov't teet and we wouldn't want to do that now would we. :duh:
works for me

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
Buddy, things are a lot different at the White House than at SFW, dig?
When something bad happens who does the general American public blame? I thought so.

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
When something bad happens who does the general American public blame? I thought so.

I think you meant to say "Who does the media blame?" Correct?

Steve

Enjoying life!
The general American public blames no one. They get the jist from the news, which is based upon the opinions of the politicians the news wants you to see and hear.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:

I think you meant to say "Who does the media blame?" Correct?

How's about both. The president is supposed to be the ringmaster running the show. If something goes wrong in the show the sh*t should roll down hill and mistakes should be taken care of. However, the show is supposed to be perfect in get-go.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
The general American public blames no one. They get the jist from the news, which is based upon the opinions of the politicians the news wants you to see and hear.
So your saying in essence that the general American public has no opinion?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
BuddyLee said:

This is an issue (to me) of common sense. No CEO or President can be everywhere, every minute of the day. That's why they appoint people who they believe are educated and capable of making decisions in their area of expertise.
I do not sign on to the belief that you hang the top dog for something someone down on the food chain did. (e.g., I don't hold our president responsible for a terrorist having a pair of panties pulled over his head).

SmallTown

Football season!
crabcake said:
This is an issue (to me) of common sense. No CEO or President can be everywhere, every minute of the day. That's why they appoint people who they believe are educated and capable of making decisions in their area of expertise.
I do not sign on to the belief that you hang the top dog for something someone down on the food chain did. (e.g., I don't hold our president responsible for a terrorist having a pair of panties pulled over his head).
I agree, but the top dog is quick to take credit when things go well. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to take credit when things are good, you have to step up when things are bad.

BuddyLee

Football addict
crabcake said:
Good example. I side with you on this but it is just how the American public is. When something bad happens its much easier to blame one guy than thousands.

crabcake

BuddyLee said:
So your saying in essence that the general American public has no opinion?

I'm thinking Steve is saying you have a group of people who just "believe" what they hear on the news and vote that way vs. delving deeper to learn the facts or apply a tad of common sense and tune up their :bs: monitor.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
What????

crabcake said:
:yeahthat: 4 minutes ago, he essentially called No Child Left Behind a failure; now he's touting his plans to continue to fund it. :confused:

:flipflop:

Yes, it's a failure because President Bush has underfunded it! Kerry will fund the program the way it should have been funded in the beginning. Stop taking what he says out of context. I could do the same thing about Bush....... But that would need a whole forum in itself. :patriot:

crabcake

SmallTown said:
I agree, but the top dog is quick to take credit when things go well. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to take credit when things are good, you have to step up when things are bad.

As a federal employee, I can assure you that when our president gets kudos for doing something good, the "kudos" roll down hill as well.

Do you expect ABC, Fox, NBC, et al to put every single person responsible for the effort (good or bad) on the 6 o'clock news? :confused:

BuddyLee

Football addict
crabcake said:
I'm thinking Steve is saying you have a group of people who just "believe" what they hear on the news and vote that way vs. delving deeper to learn the facts or apply a tad of common sense and tune up their :bs: monitor.
I can agree with that. :yay:

crabcake

UrbanPancake said:
Yes, it's a failure because President Bush has underfunded it! Kerry will fund the program the way it should have been funded in the beginning. Stop taking what he says out of context. I could do the same thing about Bush....... But that would need a whole forum in itself. :patriot:

You're right ... I think Kerry's exact words were ":blahblah: the president's no child left behind plan left 1.xzy million children behind."

I'm not saying I agree with the policy, but that statement reads "failure" if I ever heard one.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
SmallTown said:

I agree with you SmallTown. Bush blames our economy on former Presidents. How convienent for him. But when things are going good (I'm trying to remember a time in the last four years when things have gone good) he takes all the credit. Wow he so modest.