• Other (explain)

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Larry Gude said:
Black and white.

Simple.
I see black and white, but I also see pink, green, blue and red, not to mention a multitude of other colours as well. Just depends on the who what when where and why of it all. :wink:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes!

migtig said:
I see black and white, but I also see pink, green, blue and red, not to mention a multitude of other colours as well. Just depends on the who what when where and why of it all. :wink:

See? No Gray!

SamSpade

migtig said:
I don't think you're viewing the world.

I think you're viewing underwear.

"I spy England, I spy France...."

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually right now I am seeing lots of red. :lmao:

BTW, to the uneducated - colour and grey are appropriate spellings, as are color and gray. Look it up.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
migtig said:

BTW, to the uneducated - colour and grey are appropriate spellings, as are color and gray. Look it up.

I didn't read this whole thread but colour is the Brit usage.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
migtig said:

So is "disc" as opposed to "disk." Who would have a problem with these things? Probably someone who sees all colors as shades of gray on a disk. The liberated among us, however, admire the pretty colours when an otherwise grey compact disc is held at the appropriate angle to a light source. :biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
nomoney said:
so is it wrong to use it here in america :confused:

Yeah, it is for the most part. There are just standards of use in writing and the british usages aren't generally accepted. Just like odour, etc. We just filed a huge brief in Romania that used the british standards and I had to use the spellchecker in Word for that to be sure we spelled everything according to that standard, had to change the way the dates were done, etc. PITA

mAlice

professional daydreamer
cattitude said:
Yeah, it is for the most part. There are just standards of use in writing and the british usages aren't generally accepted. Just like odour, etc. We just filed a huge brief in Romania that used the british standards and I had to use the spellchecker in Word for that to be sure we spelled everything according to that standard, had to change the way the dates were done, etc. PITA

I liked my answer better.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
People say all kinds of things to justify wrong, but that doesn't make it any less wrong.
To you.

It's wrong to steal. Period. Maybe you have a good reason, but it's still wrong. I might even do it myself, but it's still wrong. You may not be (or even deserve to be) punished for it, but it's still wrong. Our judicial system provides for good excuses - it doesn't say what you did wasn't wrong or illegal, just that you had a good excuse and will not be punished for it. Example: a woman who kills her abusive husband - clearly wrong, but a judge or jury might let her off because she had a good excuse.
This is all based on 'your' perception of it all.

Just like Sam's traffic light scenario - call me crazy but I would sit at the light until it became obvious that maybe the light was broken and would never turn green. Done it many times. It doesn't hurt anyone to sit at a light for 2 minutes.

But once we start accepting gray as the norm, we begin our journey down the slippery slope where the line between right and wrong becomes blurred to the point of non-existence
Grey is not the norm and this was not a choice in the question. Either Black and white or Black and White WITH some grey to sift through. I see it as the opposite, if you see things as black and white you're becoming too extreme to one side or the other. Take Islam and Christianity for example, what happens to everyone whose not Islam or Christian? Should Christians and Islamic fundamentalists impose their views on you because they think and know they're right?

Last edited:

nomoney

BuddyLee said:
To you.

This is all based on 'your' perception of it all.

Grey is not the norm and this was not a choice in the question. Either Black and white or Black and White WITH some grey to sift through. I see it as the opposite, if you see things as black and white you're becoming to extreme to one side or the other. Take Islam and Christianity for example, what happens to everyone whose not Islam or Christian? Should Christians and Islamic fundamentalists impose their views on you because they think and know they're right?
when you say "your" perception of it all, isn't that what you asked for???? how can you argue this when you're asking peoples opinions? are they supossed to only give their opinions if it matches yours?

people may see things in their own way as a "grey" version of it-but there is still only right or wrong. End of discussion.