How does Calvert County treat minorities

steppinthrax

If I may ...I was referring to white folk in certain districts in St. Mary's County that still harbor ill feelings towards people of color. Call them hold outs, or whatever. That is all. Nothing sinister.

As far as "pooh" face... As in Winnie the Pooh? Or feces, relating to the color of? Depending on the age of your daughter and her friend, most likely was not related to racism or bigotry at all. They are friends. Enough of friends for you to allow, and your daughter to want, the friend to sleep over. You, and/or your wife, having maybe experienced racism in the past, may have gone overboard and applied and projected your feelings to the name calling and interfered with their friendship by getting her parents involved. What may have been a simple misunderstanding between friends is now an international incident. Is what you did the correct action? It's not for me to decide. But your daughter may have something to say about it. Let your daughter decide if she wants to continue the friendship and stay out of it, but give guidance if asked.

This particular girl is the "grown up type"

You know young girls that are very developed (both physically and mentally). She is only 10 years old. However, she almost has the mind of a 20 year old, lol. Her mother kind of made her like that and in some ways she's inappropriate. She would sometimes discuss very sexual (and descriptive) subjects to my daughter (of course when no adults around).

I'm 33, call me old-fashion but I think 10 years old is a little too young to talk about sex, dildos etc etc...

mitzi

This particular girl is the "grown up type"

You know young girls that are very developed (both physically and mentally). She is only 10 years old. However, she almost has the mind of a 20 year old, lol. Her mother kind of made her like that and in some ways she's inappropriate. She would sometimes discuss very sexual (and descriptive) subjects to my daughter (of course when no adults around).

I'm 33, call me old-fashion but I think 10 years old is a little too young to talk about sex, dildos etc etc...

I think I would be griping more about the girl talking about dildos to my daughter more than calling her a pooface. If my 10 year old came home talking about dildos, that would have ended the friendship right then.

steppinthrax

I think I would be griping more about the girl talking about dildos to my daughter more than calling her a pooface. If my 10 year old came home talking about dildos, that would have ended the friendship right then.

I guess I might have said it incorrectly initially. She called my daughter poop-face, like #### face....

Not pooh (Winnie the pooh)...

keekee

I hate it when parents get all tied up in their kids' childish arguments.
Let the kids work it out - they will figure things out and be over it while you parents are still throwing mud.
I was called mean names when I was a kid - mostly anything that rhymed with my first name.
And I didn't like those kids, and I didn't play with them. Simple.
I had friends who didn't call me mean names and were nice - I played with them.
Stay away from mean people, and you'll be fine.

Drama....... :rolleyes:

GregV814

Honest question.

Wife and I are minorities, we've been in Calvert County for 4 years so far (from Baltimore). Recently we were involved in an argument with a parent friend, who later decided to shoot out very harsh racial epithets regarding my wife's, children and my racial background. We are a bi-racial couple.... Never expected anything like this from this family (no obvious signs of this)......

Looking to hear from others.

You know, I saw your rant on Craigslist....you are certainly a victim....wow....