how long until the catholic religion dies?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
libby said:
There are Scripture passages to support both of our positions, and we could go over them all day and night. So now what? One of us is right, and the other is wrong, about what Scripture says about Peter, Mary, the True Presence and on and on. You are quick to suggest my interpretation is incorrect, but what if the Holy Spirit is leading me to it through my own in depth study and prayer? Are you brazen enough to believe your personal interpretation is infallible?
And what is this "everything else" that you think can go either way?
The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead you to anything that contradicts what's written in the Bible Libby. More likely it's that you are NOT listening to Him correctly. None of this is "my personal interpretation". If I don't understand something in the Bible, I usually keep quiet about it or say "I THINK it means this or that". Many people think their understanding is correct but sometimes their study material or teachers have taught them wrong and they run with it. Most things in the Bible are clear, so, on these, I speak with authority. The Catholic doctrines of Mary, the pope and other things are clearly not taught in the Bible but some people refuse to correct their thinking to coincide with it. I point these out to my Catholic friends and they go nuts on me. This is not how we need to be.
This "everthing else" has to do with our ROLES in life, church, etc., that's all. Today too many men are trying to do jobs typically done by women and vice-versa. The example I used was pastors & deacons, 2 jobs that God wants ONLY men to do. Many won't agree, but their argument is with God NOT me.

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
vraiblonde said:
Me too. We have common ground :huggy:

Do you not think that is one and the same?

If he got a load of modern day politicians, he would probably not only refuse them communion, but he would run screaming down the street tearing at his own eyeballs.

Explain, please. Religion has a notorious past, but "past" and "heritage" are two different things. The heritage of religion can be modern day Christianity, where you are taught to love your brother, or it can be Islamofascism, where you are taught to kill the infidel.

Which are you talking about?
a joke i am guessing, but wrong either way. notice i said SINCERELY desired communion.

guess heritage vs past is sort of semantics, but either way, religions have been the cause of more murders than anything else on this planet. i'm pretty sure jesus wouldn't have liked that.

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
libby said:
Gus,
Do I understand you correctly? You hate most of what the Catholic Church stands for, yet you still attend? Why?
There are so many churches you could go to, shopping until you found one that teaches all you already believe. If you do this, you won't have to change anything about yourself, and you can comfortably sit in the pew without examination of conscience.
The Catholic Church has solid reasons for all that she teaches in the name of Jesus Christ. If you don't like it, make use of the free will God gave you and leave.
I am a woman, just as a previous poster said about herself, and I do not feel one bit slighted by the Catholic Church. On the contrary, I do not believe any other faith raises women, and their roles in society, up as much as the CC does. And, as if you didn't know, who is the single most celebrated created person in all of humanity according to the Catholic Church? I'll give you a hint, it's a woman!
no, you do not understand me correctly. i don't believe i ever said i HATED the catholic church, though i haven't reread my posts, because i do not hate the catholic chruch. i disagree with many of its political, social, and economic views, and how it operates.
i also no longer attend regularly- pretty much just easter/christmas when i'm with my parents. so i have indeed exercised my "free will".

mary is obviously revered, but women still can't become priests, therefore cant become cardinals, and can't become pope. in the day-to-day parish life, yes women are heavily involved. but in the overarching guidance of the church, women are not represented very well, to my knowledge.

the thing is, i believe i am a good person. i have no enemies, am generally very friendly, very forgiving, very patient, etc. but for the catholic church, that's not good enough.

libby

ItalianScallion said:
The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead you to anything that contradicts what's written in the Bible Libby. More likely it's that you are NOT listening to Him correctly. None of this is "my personal interpretation". If I don't understand something in the Bible, I usually keep quiet about it or say "I THINK it means this or that". Many people think their understanding is correct but sometimes their study material or teachers have taught them wrong and they run with it. Most things in the Bible are clear, so, on these, I speak with authority. The Catholic doctrines of Mary, the pope and other things are clearly not taught in the Bible but some people refuse to correct their thinking to coincide with it. I point these out to my Catholic friends and they go nuts on me. This is not how we need to be.
This "everthing else" has to do with our ROLES in life, church, etc., that's all. Today too many men are trying to do jobs typically done by women and vice-versa. The example I used was pastors & deacons, 2 jobs that God wants ONLY men to do. Many won't agree, but their argument is with God NOT me.
Well, apparently Scripture wasn't clear enough to the Jews of Jesus' day, that God would send His Son to suffer and die for us. It was was not clear enough even while He was here that He was the Messiah. It wasn't obvious to anyone that He would rise from the dead.
"Many people think their understanding is correct but sometimes their study material or teachers have taught them wrong and they run with it."
I guess this couldn't possibly refer to you.
As for "most things in the Bible are clear". Let's look at this...
(I will paraphrase just a bit, but I'm sure you can look for the exact quotes) From John 6, "You must eat my Flesh and drink my Blood", "My Flesh is True Food, my Blood is True Drink", ummmm..."Unless you eat my Flesh and Drink my Blood you have no life in you." Now you may consider the last line about the "spirit" as the defining word through which you interpret this 3 or 4 time reiteration by Jesus Himself that His Flesh and Blood are Truly Present, but you would then be making the passage fit what you want to believe. Jesus Christ does not make a statement about the spirit to negate what He has just repeated over and over.
Now my guess is that you interpret this passage differently from me, and you will say your position is just as clear as I say mine is. I repeat, one of us is wrong. The True Presence of Christ is clearly NOT contradicted by the words of Christ Himself, and any verses through the rest of the NT must be interpreted in light of Christ's words. The apostles words illuminate Christ's, not the other way around.
As I said before, we can go on and on.
If you've ever thought that the Bible taught "A", and then determined that you were mistaken and that it actually says, "B", then you cannot say that the Bible is either clear, or that the Holy Spirit can be heard as with human ears.

libby

GusChiggins said:
no, you do not understand me correctly. i don't believe i ever said i HATED the catholic church, though i haven't reread my posts, because i do not hate the catholic chruch. i disagree with many of its political, social, and economic views, and how it operates.
i also no longer attend regularly- pretty much just easter/christmas when i'm with my parents. so i have indeed exercised my "free will".

mary is obviously revered, but women still can't become priests, therefore cant become cardinals, and can't become pope. in the day-to-day parish life, yes women are heavily involved. but in the overarching guidance of the church, women are not represented very well, to my knowledge.

the thing is, i believe i am a good person. i have no enemies, am generally very friendly, very forgiving, very patient, etc. but for the catholic church, that's not good enough.
As a mother, I probably have the single greatest influence on the formation of my children (some are boys), and therefore what/how they will lead/teach when they are adults. I am well represented.
Anti Catholics like to present priests, bishops, cardinals and the pope as having some sort of authority that is authoritarian. They lead, they define doctrine, but never have they come into my home to force me to obey anything, I have the free will God gave me. You are not forced to obey any one of the CC's tenets, so you have no reason to complain.
Many, many people see the teachings of Jesus Christ through the CC as a tremendous gift in the crazy, narcissitic, self-absorbed world we live in today. Many of us see her steadfastness in the face of popular opinions and pressure as proof of Divine protection.
It's great that you are nice, patient, and good. As for not having enemies, I don't think that defines anyone's position before the Lord. Jesus Christ and the Apostles had enemies a plenty, and it wasn't for a lack of kindness on their part.
We are called to be holy, and that does not come easily for our fallen human natures.

Bavarian

libby said:
They You are not forced to obey any one of the CC's tenets, so you have no reason to complain.
If you are Catholic, you must accept all the tenets and rules of the Faith. The cafeteria is closed!

libby

Bavarian said:
If you are Catholic, you must accept all the tenets and rules of the Faith. The cafeteria is closed!
I agree with you 100%. I'm speaking only to the OP who clearly does not follow or appreciate all that Holy Mother Church teaches.

Starman3000m

libby said:
As for "most things in the Bible are clear". Let's look at this...
(I will paraphrase just a bit, but I'm sure you can look for the exact quotes) From John 6, "You must eat my Flesh and drink my Blood", "My Flesh is True Food, my Blood is True Drink", ummmm..."Unless you eat my Flesh and Drink my Blood you have no life in you." Now you may consider the last line about the "spirit" as the defining word through which you interpret this 3 or 4 time reiteration by Jesus Himself that His Flesh and Blood are Truly Present, but you would then be making the passage fit what you want to believe.

Hi libby,

Interesting that you should post those paraphrased verses from scripture because a Catholic friend of mine commented that he was taught that during Communion, the wafers given to the parishioner actually become the "flesh" of Christ and the "wine" (grape juice?) actually turns to the "blood of Christ" as they are ingested.

Is that true, or, is that a heretical Catholic church he attends?

Communion in the true sense of the Word and by which Jesus shared with the Apostles at the Last Supper was only symbolic and not literal, as to the remembrance of Jesus' Life and Atonement.

My friend stated that he honestly believes wafers become flesh and the "wine" literally becomes the Blood of Christ.

Last edited:

Starman3000m

libby said:
Well, apparently Scripture wasn't clear enough to the Jews of Jesus' day, that God would send His Son to suffer and die for us.

Hi libby,

Remember that the New Testament Scripture was not yet written and all the Jews had to base their expectation of a Messiah upon was what was already revealed and prophesied to them in the Torah/Talmud (Old Testament).

Also remember that All of the 12 Apostles of Christ were all Jews, as were the first several thousand men, women and children followers who believed in Jesus as being their Messiah and Son of the Living God. It was the Jewish religious leaders who would not accept Jesus because they did not expect a pacifist Messiah making claim to be The Son of God - which was considered blasphemy in Judaism. The fact is that the Jewish leaders, Saducees and Pharisees wanted a military human leader who would defeat the Gentile Romans and establish God's Kingdom as prophesied. They claimed that their allegiance to God was only based on what they were taught by Moses:

Yet, Jesus tried to tell the Jewish leaders who He really was as noted in John, Chapter 5:

39: Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40: And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41: I receive not honour from men.
42: But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43: I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44: How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45: Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46: For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.47: But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

The main point of Jesus not being accepted, however, is because it was God's Plan that Jesus had to offer His Life as the Blood Atonement for the sins of mankind and Jesus willingly gave His Life for that purpose. Christ's crucifixion had to be as Ordained by God.

Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. (John 12:27)

libby said:
It was was not clear enough even while He was here that He was the Messiah.

Actually, It was revealed to the Apostles and the people who believed in Him after seeing the miracles that He performed. Again, the only ones who could not comprehend were the adamant religious leaders who scorned Christ and abhored the fact that He was gathering quite a following of converts to His teaching.

libby said:
It wasn't obvious to anyone that He would rise from the dead.
True. Even Christ's Apostles who walked with Jesus were unable to grasp that part about His Resurrection. It was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary who first went to visit Christ's tomb on the third day to pay reverence when Christ appeared and told them to go tell the others that He had risen just like He said He would. ( Matthew 28:1-20 )

Then Christ appeared in His Resurrected form for forty days and had appeared to more than 500 disciples prior to His ascension into Heaven:

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: (Acts 1:3)

Paul's Account in ( 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 )

1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2: By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7: After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8: And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

So, today Christ's Truth is revealed through the Intervention of The Holy Spirit:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7)

Truth is Revealed by God's Holy Spirit; NOT by any man:

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (1 John 2:27)

Last edited:

libby

Starman3000m said:
Hi libby,

Interesting that you should post those paraphrased verses from scripture because a Catholic friend of mine commented that he was taught that during Communion, the wafers given to the parishioner actually become the "flesh" of Christ and the "wine" (grape juice?) actually turns to the "blood of Christ" as they are ingested.

Is that true, or, is that a heretical Catholic church he attends?

Communion in the true sense of the Word and by which Jesus shared with the Apostles at the Last Supper was only symbolic and not literal, as to the remembrance of Jesus' Life and Atonement.

My friend stated that he honestly believes wafers become flesh and the "wine" literally becomes the Blood of Christ.
I will apologize in advance if you are asking with sincerity.
I find it hard to believe that you have Catholic friends, and a very staunch faith of your own, and you are telling me this subject has not come up. This is a critical piece of doctrine that separates Catholics and Protestants/Bible Christians, and if you've engaged in any real study of Christian apologetics, then you have heard of the True Presence and you are trying to bait me.
I know my faith well, but I do not have the time to spend on this forum going over the entire salvation history and the Biblical support for the CC position. Such an endevour will segue into authority, history, early church fathers, and on and on.
If, perhaps, you are new to apologetics and have asked an honest question, I repeat, I am sorry for jumping the gun. You will find web sites such as www.scripturecatholic.com
and
www.salvationhistory.com
very helpful in explaining Catholic teaching to you.
The purpose of my earlier post was to point out to Italian Scallion that his/her statement about clarity of Truth in the Bible is erroneous, and for now I am sticking to that.

Starman3000m

libby said:
I will apologize in advance if you are asking with sincerity.
I find it hard to believe that you have Catholic friends, and a very staunch faith of your own, and you are telling me this subject has not come up. This is a critical piece of doctrine that separates Catholics and Protestants/Bible Christians, and if you've engaged in any real study of Christian apologetics, then you have heard of the True Presence and you are trying to bait me.
I know my faith well, but I do not have the time to spend on this forum going over the entire salvation history and the Biblical support for the CC position. Such an endevour will segue into authority, history, early church fathers, and on and on.
If, perhaps, you are new to apologetics and have asked an honest question, I repeat, I am sorry for jumping the gun. You will find web sites such as www.scripturecatholic.com
and
www.salvationhistory.com
very helpful in explaining Catholic teaching to you.
The purpose of my earlier post was to point out to Italian Scallion that his/her statement about clarity of Truth in the Bible is erroneous, and for now I am sticking to that.

I asked in honest sincerity because from the comment in your paraphrase I thought you were poking fun at that teaching my friend had talked about and that it was not really part of the RCC Doctrine. It's where you wrote the following comment to ItalianScallion:

libby said:
"My Flesh is True Food, my Blood is True Drink", ummmm..."Unless you eat my Flesh and Drink my Blood you have no life in you."

BTW: Believe it or not, I have many friends of ALL faiths and love them with the love that Jesus wants us each to have toward mankind - even toward those who speak and think unkindly of me.

(Matthew 5:43-48)

43: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46: For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47: And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I personally apologize if you are upset with what I asked but I will be honest and state that I cannot agree with the RCC position on that at all that the wafers literally turn to Christ's flesh and the wine (grape juice?) literally turns to the Blood of Christ.

I stand by the position of Faith that I hold and in regard to the Communion:

Last edited:

Bavarian

The Bread and Wine are transformed into the Body andBlood of Christ, Transubstaniation. But only when a truly ordained Priest of the Catholic Church utters the words "This is My Body" "This is My Blood". It is not symbolic and therefore Christ is Truly Present in all the Tabernacles of all the Churches in the world until the end of time. Remember Churches, not Protestant worship spaces.
There are many instances of miracles where the consecrated Host has turned into Flesh. Look them up.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
libby said:
From John 6, "You must eat my Flesh and drink my Blood", "My Flesh is True Food, my Blood is True Drink", ummmm..."Unless you eat my Flesh and Drink my Blood you have no life in you." Now you may consider the last line about the "spirit" as the defining word through which you interpret this 3 or 4 time reiteration by Jesus Himself that His Flesh and Blood are Truly Present, but you would then be making the passage fit what you want to believe. Jesus Christ does not make a statement about the spirit to negate what He has just repeated over and over.
Now my guess is that you interpret this passage differently from me, and you will say your position is just as clear as I say mine is. I repeat, one of us is wrong. The True Presence of Christ is clearly NOT contradicted by the words of Christ Himself, and any verses through the rest of the NT must be interpreted in light of Christ's words.
A big part of the problems I've encountered comes from "too literal" of an interpretation of Scripture. Jesus even said "cut off your right hand & pluck out your eye" but didn't mean it literally. If you read on to verse 63 you see that THE WORDS Jesus spoke are spirit & life. To think we are to eat human flesh & drink human blood is FAR from what Jesus taught. Nor did Jesus MEAN that the Apostles were literally eating His flesh & blood. That goes against God's teachings. His presence AT communion, OK, but a literal turning into His body & blood, doesn't happen. Communion is a rememberance of what Christ did years ago and a re-affirmation of our acceptance of Him into our lives at some prior time. Eating the cracker & juice never literally means we are swallowing Christ AS SOME BELIEVE. For the "priest" to say at communion "this is the lamb of God..." is serious heresy. Jesus said many things that confused the Jews because they weren't going to believe anyway (Luke 8v10). I just wanted to dialogue on this with you Libby. At no time will I infer that you aren't saved. We'll just disagree on some things as I do with many folks about these things. Have a great day :flowers: :flowers:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Bavarian said:
The Bread and Wine are transformed into the Body andBlood of Christ, Transubstaniation. But only when a truly ordained Priest of the Catholic Church utters the words "This is My Body" "This is My Blood". It is not symbolic and therefore Christ is Truly Present in all the Tabernacles of all the Churches in the world until the end of time. Remember Churches, not Protestant worship spaces.
There are many instances of miracles where the consecrated Host has turned into Flesh. Look them up.
It looks like your karma has turned into blood also. Sorry my friend, but your statement is unbiblical just the Rhiems-Douray book is. Read the Bible and see that the repititous act of the "mass" is a reenactment of what Jesus DID AWAY WITH on the cross and also read that any saved person is a "priest". What's with "only when a truly ordained priest of the Catholic Church utters the words"? Sounds like blind indoctrination my friend. Remove the veil, see the light.

Starman3000m

Bavarian said:

Question #1 When Christ broke the bread and gave it to His disciples to eat, did it actually turn to His flesh at that time?

"...The Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Question #2 When Christ took the cup and gave it to His disciples to drink from, did it actually turn to His Blood at that time?

"After the same manner also he took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the New Testament in my Blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me."

Bible Refererence (1 Corinthians 11:23-25)

Question #3 If the RCC teaching is true, then it stands to reason that the disciples would have also had their bread and wine turn to flesh and blood at the moment Christ served each of them. Did that happen, or was Jesus speaking symbolically of Himself being the Bread of Life whose Blood Atones for the sins of mankind and this was to be a symbolic remembrance?

Question #4 If the bread and wine did not turn to real flesh and blood when Jesus Christ The Son of The Living God served it to His Disciples, as only a "remembrance," how could it do so by the act of any religious leader?
Would the religious leader thus be able to display a greater manifestation than Christ?

Bavarian

ItalianScallion said:
It looks like your karma has turned into blood also. Sorry my friend, but your statement is unbiblical just the Rhiems-Douray book is. Read the Bible and see that the repititous act of the "mass" is a reenactment of what Jesus DID AWAY WITH on the cross and also read that any saved person is a "priest". What's with "only when a truly ordained priest of the Catholic Church utters the words"? Sounds like blind indoctrination my friend. Remove the veil, see the light.
The Rhiems-Douray Bible translation is the only valid one. Your proplem is you are using false translations.
The Bread and Wine consecrated by Jesus at the Last Supper was indeed His Body and Blood.
This discussion is hopeless with you people who persist in your unbelief.
May God have mercy on you!

Starman3000m

Bavarian said:
The Rhiems-Douray Bible translation is the only valid one. Your proplem is you are using false translations.
The Bread and Wine consecrated by Jesus at the Last Supper was indeed His Body and Blood.
This discussion is hopeless with you people who persist in your unbelief.
May God have mercy on you!

Which brings us back Full Circle to the original question of this thread and my original response:

Catholicism, like Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moonies, Various "Christian" Denominations, etc. will remain in effect until Y'shua HaMaschiah returns to remind people that it is NOT religion that brings people closer to God but a personal spiritual relationship with The Creator.

Well hath Esaias prophesied - these people worship me with their lips
( canned prayers -rituals and traditions) BUT their hearts are far from Me.

Reference (Mark 7:6-9)

libby

Starman3000m said:
Which brings us back Full Circle to the original question of this thread and my original response:

Catholicism, like Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moonies, Various "Christian" Denominations, etc. will remain in effect until Y'shua HaMaschiah returns to remind people that it is NOT religion that brings people closer to God but a personal spiritual relationship with The Creator.

Well hath Esaias prophesied - these people worship me with their lips
( canned prayers -rituals and traditions) BUT their hearts are far from Me.

Reference (Mark 7:6-9)

Well, the original question of the thread was "when will Catholicism die", with a lamentation by the OP who does not like the current pope.
The Catholic faith will not die, it has been promised that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Mt 16:18)
The Catholic Church has been loved by some, reviled by others, for 2000 years now. It's doctrines have remained true and unchanging in spite of all the sinners and saints in her fold.
Whether one agrees or disagrees with what is being spoken of in Matthew 16:18, we shall all find out for sure at our particular judgement.
And as for a personal relationship, it just doesn't get more personal that receiving the Body and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Starman3000m

libby said:
Well, the original question of the thread was "when will Catholicism die", with a lamentation by the OP who does not like the current pope.
The Catholic faith will not die, it has been promised that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Mt 16:18)
The Catholic Church has been loved by some, reviled by others, for 2000 years now. It's doctrines have remained true and unchanging in spite of all the sinners and saints in her fold.
Whether one agrees or disagrees with what is being spoken of in Matthew 16:18, we shall all find out for sure at our particular judgement.
And as for a personal relationship, it just doesn't get more personal that receiving the Body and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Regarding Communion:
OK - the difference we have is between the "literal" and "symbolic" interpretation whether the bread literally turns to Jesus' Flesh and the wine (grape juice?) turns to Jesus' Blood - as a remembrance of Christ being The Bread of Life and Saviour whose shed Blood Atones for the sins of those who accept Him by faith.

While we can agree that "Communion" is done in remembrance (as Jesus said) we are told that a person must not take Communion "lightly" and participate ONLY if he/she has examined one's personal life, harbours no contempt for others, seeks God's Divine Guidance Daily and is willing to be repentant of any obstacle that comes between having a personal spiritual walk with God. The Holy Bible states that to take Communion lightly is actually considered a DISHONOR to Christ.
The following verses explain the matter from 1 Corinthians, Chapter 11:

26: For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27: Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28: But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29: For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30: For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31: For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32: But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33: Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34: And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

The question is, at the time you are taking Communion, are you really truly spiritually right with God and a loving friend to all people, including family, co-workers, neighbors, strangers?

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
(Matthew 5:44-48)

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Be not carried about with diverse and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

(Hebrews 13:8-9)

Last edited: