How much do u pay for daycare?

sockgirl77

For none in school and two under 2... that sounds like a bargain.

It is. If I took them to a center I'd be paying $250+250+180 per week. I am sure that they offer a 5% multiple kid discount. That brings it to about $650 per week. :jet:

What would you charge me for mine? I've called several at home providers and it seems that $450 is the average. The average for an infant is $200-225 per week. I have 2.

It makes no difference what NP would charge as the going rates are based on area determinations. Unless you are asking 'cause you'd be willing to drive your three to the eastern shore and back each day to save on weekly daycare fees. :lol:

K

kris31280

$155 a week, 2 year old

But he's at Prep and Play, which has a reputation for being an awesome learning environment as well as care.

Nanny Pam

It makes no difference what NP would charge as the going rates are based on area determinations. Unless you are asking 'cause you'd be willing to drive your three to the eastern shore and back each day to save on weekly daycare fees. :lol:

I don't have any openings and I have a waiting list with 7 people on it.

LordStanley

I know nothing
$90/week for a 5 year old. Includes Breakfast and lunch!

In home daycare that provides Morning care, makes sure hes on the bus for Pre-K and after care!

lil_daisy

Maybe stay at home with the babies till the youngest goes to pre- K. you'll save on gas, daycare fees and wardrobe costs for a job. Perks: I lub you's and peanut butter kisses.

Enjoy them while they are young. They are only that little once in their entire lifetime. I have a car but if it came down to not having one- I would.
That's just me.

sockgirl77

Maybe stay at home with the babies till the youngest goes to pre- K. you'll save on gas, daycare fees and wardrobe costs for a job. Perks: I lub you's and peanut butter kisses.

Enjoy them while they are young. They are only that little once in their entire lifetime. I have a car but if it came down to not having one- I would.
That's just me.

Some people do not have the option of being a SAHM.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Some people do not have the option of being a SAHM.
When I was pregnant with number 2, I did the math...I was making around $36K. My take home was about $21K. I traveled 80 miles per day, 4 gallons of gas at just under $2 per gallon is 2K per year. Work clothes (and I'm really cheap there) about $500 per year. Social obligations (co-worker baby showers, lunches out, etc.) about $700 per year. Daycare at $270 per week for 2 kids is $14K.

That leaves $3800 per year or $73 per week.

Gas is more expensive than it was then, daycare is more expensive, plus I now have 3 kids.

Dymphna

Now, some people don't want to be a SAHM, and I respect that. It can be boring as heck at times and there are other drawbacks. Some people aren't suited to it. But you still have to look at all those expenses when you do get a job. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

Dymphna

As my karma giver nicely pointed out...and I meant to mention because I knew someone would bring it up....

I had my husband's income to count on. If I didn't the only thing that would have changed in that money scenario is my take home pay would have been higher. Not high enough to feed, clothe and house 2-3 kids. Hopefully in that situation there'd be some other income, child support or death benefits for the kids because I'd killed...um, he'd had a fatal accident. Otherwise, I'd have been working 2 jobs and leaving the kids with relatives to save on daycare. Actually, I'd probably be living with my parents in the first place.

And I don't mean to criticize people's choices, I know there are a lot of reasons for their decisions, but I would have done my utmost to avoid having children if I didn't have that second income to count on, because I can't imagine how I'd do it.

sockgirl77

As my karma giver nicely pointed out...and I meant to mention because I knew someone would bring it up....

I had my husband's income to count on. If I didn't the only thing that would have changed in that money scenario is my take home pay would have been higher. Not high enough to feed, clothe and house 2-3 kids. Hopefully in that situation there'd be some other income, child support or death benefits for the kids because I'd killed...um, he'd had a fatal accident. Otherwise, I'd have been working 2 jobs and leaving the kids with relatives to save on daycare. Actually, I'd probably be living with my parents in the first place.

And I don't mean to criticize people's choices, I know there are a lot of reasons for their decisions, but I would have done my utmost to avoid having children if I didn't have that second income to count on, because I can't imagine how I'd do it.

I guess you got the famous "SG does not have a husband. She has multiple baby daddies." :lmao:

Dymphna

I guess you got the famous "SG does not have a husband. She has multiple baby daddies." :lmao:
Nope, politely worded unsigned green that didn't mention anyone particular. Merely pointed out that I neglected to mention that second income as a factor.

sockgirl77

Nope, politely worded unsigned green that didn't mention anyone particular. Merely pointed out that I neglected to mention that second income as a factor.

Okay. I will have 2 incomes soon. My full time job and my part time job. :lol:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
$75 for a 10yr old.

How much do u pay for... 02-01-2008 11:10 AM Daycare for a **10** year old?!

To my Karma giver. Yes, my son is 10 and he goes to day care. He is only in the 4th grade. No he is not in the wrong grade he has a Jan. Birthday.

Is there something wrong with having your 10yr old in daycare?