How much do u pay for daycare?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Just pulled a number out of the air for 'an example'..

But i thought 8 was for in home.. and the 12 was >2 year old children PER daycare employee. But I don't know for sure.. just a guess.

Place like Imaginations has 3 full time early childhood educators, they can have 36 kids in care at one time??
It's 8 for a home, but a center is more complicated, because the regulations assume that the children are seperated by age. It's a 1 to 6 ratio for 2 yr olds, but they can have up to 12 children in a "group." 3 yr olds are 1 to 10 with 20 in a group, and 4/5 yr olds is 1 to 15 with 30 in a group. I don't know what the rule is for school age children.

BUT the other issue to consider is that a kindergartener is NOT considered a schoolage child according to daycare regulations. A daycare must follow the same supervision/capacity rules for a kindergartener as for a 4 year old. They also must have napping facilities for that child even if they are only there before and after school.

Then you have another classification called a "small group home" which allows up to 12 children in a home, but I don't think they can take infants and I think they must have an assistant, but I'm not up on those regulations.

barncat

no, because i plan to go back to work myself in a year or two

I wish you the best of luck in your operation of an unlicensed daycare and that no child ever gets hurt while in your care because the consequences will be severe. It doesn't seem like it's overly burdensome to get licensed as a childcare provider, why would you risk running an unlicensed daycare and the consequences you can suffer, legally and financially, if you are caught? All it will take is one child getting hurt while under your care, which can happen easily when children play, a visit to the emergency room and boom, you have a full blown investigation into your unlicensed childcare operation.

sockgirl77

I wish you the best of luck in your operation of an unlicensed daycare and that no child ever gets hurt while in your care because the consequences will be severe. It doesn't seem like it's overly burdensome to get licensed as a childcare provider, why would you risk running an unlicensed daycare and the consequences you can suffer, legally and financially, if you are caught? All it will take is one child getting hurt while under your care, which can happen easily when children play, a visit to the emergency room and boom, you have a full blown investigation into your unlicensed childcare operation.

:yeahthat:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
$120/wk (2 1/2yo) off of Chancellors. All meals and snacks included, provider gets CWS and gov't holidays off.

Gigi22

Hello, I am a licensened provider, in business for 34 years...I have watched children of children who were once in my care... I have openings right now..3 to be exact... One infant, 2 over the age of 2 right now and June 1st it will be 2 infant openings and one Toddler. I have a little lady who will turn 2 May 31st... I live in Helen. Please PM me if you are looking.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
150 a week for a 3yo. Thats at Superstar Learning Center in Charlotte Hall. That is a really good daycare.

Soccer.mom

Have you thought about how much it cost the provider to run a in home childcare? They have to pay to heat the home, food, preschool programs to teach the children, insurance etc. They aren't getting rich off of working childcare I can promise you that, it takes very special people to give up so much to become a childcare provider, one that is trust worthy, they also take many classes to keep their license. There are many expenses to operate. I've always looked at it like this, you are getting what you pay for, and many of these in home providers have dedicated their lives to providing a loving safe enviroment for the children. There's alot to look at when you start asking about why does childcare cost so much. Hope this post inlightens everyone to what it's actually going towards.

Soccer.mom

You won't find many that do work past 5 due to having children of their own who are into sports and such, You have to remember too, some of them open at 5am if not earlier come 5pm they are drained and need to tend to their own family.

west

I do not run an unlicensed daycare, i am simply a SAHM. I currently do not take care of any children except my own. I am a good, honest person that was offering my time as a babysitter w/ references.

Sure, it doesn't SEEM like it would be overly burdensome to get licensed as a childcare provider, but have you ever done it. It can be expensive to get licensed, especially for someone that doesn't want to do this as a career, just short-term.

And to my unsigned karma giver....you have no right to leave me karma like that when u dont know me!!

Last edited:

barncat

I do not run an unlicensed daycare, i am simply a SAHM. I currently do not take care of any children except my own. I am a good, honest person that was offering my time as a babysitter w/ references.

Sure, it doesn't SEEM like it would be overly burdensome to get licensed as a childcare provider, but have you ever done it. It can be expensive to get licensed, especially for someone that doesn't want to do this as a career, just short-term.

And to my unsigned karma giver....you have no right to leave me karma like that when u dont know me!!

I'm not sure the exact hours, I think it's 20 hours a month for a child that is not related to you, that you are required to be licensed. If you are offering the services of full-time childcare to children that are not related to you and you are not licensed, you are breaking the law.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm sure it's not that hard to get a license, plenty of folks have a license, if it was so burdensome to get, a licensed provider would be a rarity. If it is too burdensome to run short-term childcare legally for you, that's your risk, for me, I would get licensed so I had myself and my family covered, no matter what obstacle I had to tackle.

sockgirl77

what do u mean "yeah that" .....Wasn't it you just the other day in another thread looking for a SAHM to watch your 3 kids in a "no-daycare emergency"???????

Yes, it was me that was looking for someone for one week. :yay:

west

to my Unsigned horrible karma giver
02-20-2008 07:23 AM That makes you a criminal and as such your own children should be taken away
02-28-2008 07:12 AM I know you are a criminal. You claim to have checked into the licensing rules so you know caring for other kids in your home is illegal. Criminals don't deserve kids.

U DON'T KNOW ME!! I AM NOT A CRIMINAL NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN ONE. AS FOR MY CHILDREN THEY ARE VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT OR PLACE TO SAY WHAT YOU HAVE SAID!!!
You must not know what Karma is...What goes around comes around and I wish you only the worst!

SIGN YOUR KARMA DUMBA$$:smack:

west

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
02-28-2008 04:46 PM Offering full time daycare without a license makes you a criminal and as such your own children should be taken away you DUMBA$$
02-28-2008 04:44 PM Offering full time daycare without a license makes you a criminal and as such your own children should be taken away you DUMBA$$
02-28-2008 04:43 PM Offering full time daycare without a license makes you a criminal and as such your own children should be taken away you DUMBA$$

:boxing:

OK, NO WHERE IN THIS FORUM OR ANY OTHER HAVE I OFFERED FULL-TIME CHILDCARE! I simply stated PM me for my rates, that does NOT mean i offer Full-Time care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!