Husband of peace vigil mom files for divorce

Qpid

KCM said:
Regardless of the reasons why they signed up whether it be to actually serve in the military or to go to college the bottom line is that when they did sign up to defend our country they KNEW that there could be a possibility that they would indeed put their lives on the line in battle. That is not difficult for anyone to understand now is it? The president did not go around and force them in anyway to sign up.

Kids aren't thinking of death when the recruiters are at their high school!!!

All they see is money money money....and different areas of the world they will get to travel.

Had they seen pics from WAR....it would've changed their decision to join GREATLY!!!

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
get over it already...your gov't is crooked as shyt and has killed innocent lives (soliders included)and i feel for any parent who has lost a child due to this war.
Ok, lets not even compare MY govt. to ...ummm....say... "Honest Billy Clinton's" govt. :killingme

Oh I guess I also cannot argue your point that GW Bush is the only Prez who lost lives in a war.... :duh:

:NEWSFLASH: We ALL feel for someone who's lost a loved one in any war (except lunatics who camp outside a sitting president's ranch). I do feel for her hubby & family who are running from her at lightspeed!!

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Qpid said:

All they see is money money money....and different areas of the world they will get to travel.

Had they seen pics from WAR....it would've changed their decision to join GREATLY!!!
Both of my brothers joined the military fresh out of high school. They were both FULLY aware of what they were signing up to do. I have to disagree with you logic.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Qpid said:

I disagree. There are plenty of images of war out there for them all to see.

Qpid

KCM said:
Both of my brothers joined the military fresh out of high school. They were both FULLY aware of what they were signing up to do. I have to disagree with you logic.

did they tell you that???

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bustem' Down said:
No one has, Nixon almost. I don't think they would have got clinton.
Clinton was impeached. It's the act of the congressional trial, not the conviction.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Qpid said:
Yes. Why? Do you find it hard to believe that the young adults out there actually know what is going on in the war? They both knew, discussed it with my mom and went off to serve their country.

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
Kids aren't thinking of death when the recruiters are at their high school!!! All they see is money money money....and different areas of the world they will get to travel. Had they seen pics from WAR....it would've changed their decision to join GREATLY!!!
Since you know what they all are thinking, enlighten us what they thought when they signed this..... (Thanks Vince!!!)
Vince said:
And what part of this is not understandable when you enlist and sign on the dotted line? :confused:

"I, ___________________________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Qpid said:
I'm in the military now, and I will tell you that when I signed up in 1997 I knew that I might go to war and die. Satisfied? I've never met anyone in the military who doesn't believe that.

Qpid

KCM said:
Yes. Why? Do you find it hard to believe that the young adults out there actually know what is going on in the war? They both knew, discussed it with my mom and went off to serve their country.

no assumptions here, i was really wondering.

Ask someone at 18 why did they join the service....

"To die for my country" :bs:

Vince

Qpid said:

I think we should start the draft up. That will eliminate the decision making process.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Qpid said:
no assumptions here, i was really wondering.

Ask someone at 18 why did they join the service....

"To die for my country" :bs:
You are unbelievable. Did they say "oh mom, by the way, I am going to die for my country." No. Did they understand full well that it could happen. Yes. What do you honestly think our military is there for?