I'm at a loss for words.

Hank

my war
come on, you do recall the story in the news about the family trapped in the bed room, dad has nuged the family 27 lb cat with his foot, and the kitty whent all Hank on the family

n-u-d-g-e-d
w-e-n-t

bedroom is one word

YW

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
come on, you do recall the story in the news about the family trapped in the bed room, dad has nuged the family 27 lb cat with his foot, and the kitty whent all Hank on the family

No, I can't say I ever heard that one.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
True Story
... when G Gordon Liddy lived here in Fort Washington [actually I think he still does - I saw him at the polling place in 2008] .. a friend of mine strolled down G's driveway trying to cut over to a friends house ... and was greeted in the yard by the G man himself, with a 12g shotgun ... my friend beat a hasty retreat and took the long way around ...

His son was a substitute teacher at the local schools too. Sorry, off topic. Carry on.

:coffee:

mitzi

I have to agree with you on this. People just aren't getting that they do and can get out, no matter what you've done. I had a beautiful shephard years ago. He had his pen he stayed in outside (big pen, dog house, 6 ft high fence, etc.) when we weren't home. When we were home, he came in the house or was walked or we were outside with him so he could run and play (we lived on 2 acres, surrounded by woods, no bothering of neighbors). Anyway, he got out once and we found him close by. Ex secured the area and a week or so later, he got out again. I found him about 1/2 mile down the road dead on the side of the road. It was heartbreaking. Here I am with my 9 year old son trying to lift him in the hatchback of my car to get him home to bury him. These things happen, they get out accidently and can run off. It doesn't mean you're an irresponsible owner.
If this owner let the dog run loose maybe she should get a citiation or whatever. This guy could have told her the dog was a problem and get it home. Not posting it on FB like everyone in the world is on his friend list and going to see it. What an idiot. This could have been handled so many other ways if the guy had a brain. Look at his weapons charges and hunting without a license to boot. Trigger happy idiot with no respect for weapons or responsible ownership.

dawn

Fact -- this dog was heading to the day care where is is the unofficial mascot and goes there frequently and in fact is buried in the daycare's yard!

Fact -- this person shot the dog and the daycare was right on the other side of the bush

Fact he did not call animal control but rather a friend that works at animal control and only said that this dog came on his property, he never mentioned to the friend that the dog was vicious. He asked hypothetically if the dog was vicious could he kill it!

Fact this gun toting fool shot the dog in the back, if it was attacking him, one would think it would have been hit in the front

Fact this person was arrested in October 2013 for multiple gun charges

Fact this person didnt let animal control take care of the situation

Fact this person also took a photo with the dog as a trophy photo

Fact this was pre-mediated as he posted before he shot

Based on this article here, he should have been in jail!
http://www.thebaynet.com/News/index...34045/comment_categoryID/34045-News/comment/Y

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Would like to point out two things;

1) Just because the dog's body is facing in one direction doesn't mean that is the direction the dog was headed in when it was shot. The round did not kill the dog instantly so the dog may have ran around for a second or two before he dropped. Also, the round may have spun the dog around when the dog was hit. I don't think the dog just dropped the instant it was hit, it continued to move and probably not in the direction it was headed.

2) Just because the dog was shot in the back doesn't mean the dog was traveling away from the shooter. Remember, the shooter is standing 2 to 3 feet higher then the target, the shooter would be shooting downward so the round could travel over the head and into the back of the dog.

warneckutz

Most vicious dog I ever encountered was a damn poodle!
+1 Scar to prove it.

The hick was looking to do a bad deed and he did - he should be punished.

For an "educated" society, a lot of people are morons when it comes to dog breeds.

And who the hell needs a gun to take out a dog? Man the #### up.

glhs837

Power with Control
Are you for real? How about if we throw you in a pit with a vicious dog and no weapons and see how that works out for you.

Just gotta keep your head and know what to do. Worst case, you get a mangled forearm, dogs ends up dead. Of course, if you do have a gun use that, but if you dont, and there is only one dog, unless it outweighs you, you can take it.

warneckutz

Just gotta keep your head and know what to do. Worst case, you get a mangled forearm, dogs ends up dead. Of course, if you do have a gun use that, but if you dont, and there is only one dog, unless it outweighs you, you can take it.

See? Easy. Now what kind of vicious dog are we talking about?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
unless it outweighs you, you can take it.

Which is why I don't want to hear those silly comparisons between attacking pitbulls and attacking chihuahuas. The pitbull, or any large dog, is going to do significantly more damage than a little yapper.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Would like to point out two things;

1) Just because the dog's body is facing in one direction doesn't mean that is the direction the dog was headed in when it was shot. The round did not kill the dog instantly so the dog may have ran around for a second or two before he dropped. Also, the round may have spun the dog around when the dog was hit. I don't think the dog just dropped the instant it was hit, it continued to move and probably not in the direction it was headed.

2) Just because the dog was shot in the back doesn't mean the dog was traveling away from the shooter. Remember, the shooter is standing 2 to 3 feet higher then the target, the shooter would be shooting downward so the round could travel over the head and into the back of the dog.

Oh, now you're trying to talk sense to all the internet forensic experts who can tell everything about a situation by a few photographs?

warneckutz

Which is why I don't want to hear those silly comparisons between attacking pitbulls and attacking chihuahuas. The pitbull, or any large dog, is going to do significantly more damage than a little yapper.

Hopefully it's not a Mastiff... or a Great Dane... Or a Saint Bernard...