Individual rights vs Ebola Quarintines

Midnightrider

The translation of this is "I know of the couple that have been on the news, but past that I'm clueless"

I know you are just being a troll, but please go on.

List all of the people who have not been in the media that we have brought back to America who have had Ebola. I'll wait :killingme

mamatutu

mama to two
Interesting article, so tell me we can't get two people in government to keep a secret from the press but we are going to get all of the hospital workers, doctors, nurses, administrators and everyone else to go into cahoots on keeping ebola a secret until after the election?

Good point.

PJay

Interesting article, so tell me we can't get two people in government to keep a secret from the press but we are going to get all of the hospital workers, doctors, nurses, administrators and everyone else to go into cahoots on keeping ebola a secret until after the election?

Did you read the whole article? Nope.

Midnightrider

Did you read the whole article? Nope.

I read the whole thing and can say you would have to be insane to believe that the fed has the ability to silence the scores of medical professionals it would take to hide this supposed Ebola outbreak. And that's not even addressing the issue of 'where are the dead people'?

Seriously, if there is an outbreak that is being hidden there would be people dying and families grieving and most likely (assuming your theory is correct) getting sick too. Where are these people?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Try to keep up with your own troll. You were busy implying I am clueless because I only know of cases that were in the media. Now you are showing your cluelessness :bigwhoop:

And you haven't shown that you know of any others, try to make this about me all you want it doesn't help your case. Now why don't you show how I'm being a troll? I'm convinced you just throw the word around because you think it makes you look like a computer badass, in reality you just look like a half wit.

Midnightrider

And you haven't shown that you know of any others, try to make this about me all you want it doesn't help your case. Now why don't you show how I'm being a troll? I'm convinced you just throw the word around because you think it makes you look like a computer badass, in reality you just look like a half wit.

Post number 114 is textbook trolling. You came into the conversation with nothing to add and attacked a point that I wasn't making. Now you are using a stupid circular argument where you expect me to prove something that I never claimed, nor was it part of my point.

You are trolling, and poorly at that. If you don't want to be smacked in the face with my giant internet penis you shouldn't troll me.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
Post number 114 is textbook trolling. You came into the conversation with nothing to add and attacked a point that I wasn't making. Now you are using a stupid circular argument where you expect me to prove something that I never claimed, nor was it part of my point.

You are trolling, poorly. If you don't want to be smoked in the face with my giant internet penis you shouldn't troll me.

:killingme:! I thought I had my best laugh for the day earlier, but you just topped it! Merlin is not a troll. You spend an awful lot of time nitpicking discussions. When I have a run in with you, I leave it. I am sure you will reply and call me a dumbass, or something. But, I could care less. You are a hoot!

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Yikes! I thought I had my best laugh for the day, but you just topped it! Merlin is not a troll. You spend an awful lot of time nitpicking discussions. When I have a run in with you, I leave it. I am sure you will reply and call me a dumbass, or something. But, I could care less. You are a hoot!

Merlin is a troll, if not always, in this case for sure.

I am glad you got the intended humor.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

You are trolling, and poorly at that. If you don't want to be smacked in the face with my giant internet penis you shouldn't troll me.
It was exactly on point, you were attempting to show all of the patients that have come to the U.S. to be saved, I pointed out that the number is considerably less than you thought. It's very close to being ONLY the few that have been on the news, no others.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Sorry but you've disappointed me with the size, not the first time you've heard that though I'm sure.

Amused_despair

That's such bull####. I am not. I am merely suggesting that it is not an outrageous request on the part of the government to have a 21 day quarantine for those who have been in direct contact with individuals who have a virus with a very low surviveability rate.

I wonder what Ayn Rand would have to say about this? She was not a big fan of restricting the rights of one simply to appease the many. Didn't she say that the smallest minority was ONE? When you restrict the rights of ONE you are discriminating against a minority. I have looked at the Facebook page for the people who want to kick this nurse out of Maine and read the news reports. So nice that the mob justice mentality rules in Maine. This nurse is making a stand for not just her rights but for everyone's rights. If you give the government the right to lock you up for no legal reason for any period of time (this quarantine for ebola) there are no safeguards to ensure they will not abuse this power in the future. Your civil rights may mean absolutely nothing to you people but they are rights that my forefathers have fought for and in many cases died for so I hold them dear.

Midnightrider

It was exactly on point, you were attempting to show all of the patients that have come to the U.S. to be saved, I pointed out that the number is considerably less than you thought. It's very close to being ONLY the few that have been on the news, no others.
That's wasn't my point at all, but I wouldn't expect a troll to understand. What number did I think, because I didn't make a claim as to how many....
Sorry but you've disappointed me with the size, not the first time you've heard that though I'm sure.

I am sure this isn't the first time you have had penis in you face :bigwhoop:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am merely suggesting that it is not an outrageous request on the part of the government to have a 21 day quarantine for those who have been in direct contact with individuals who have a virus with a very low surviveability rate.

And it wouldn't be a big deal if that were based on science and medicine and not politics.

The survivability of ebola in the first world is MUCH greater than if you're in, say, Liberia. So far, given proper treatment, it's 100%. Given the fumbling and mistakes of the 'early' days of this, one person out of 3 has died. Not great but WAY better than the 70% who die in, say, Liberia. And, again, think about that; in Liberia, whatever it is, 3rd world, 4th, it not only does not kill everyone but, nowhere near everyone even gets it and their culture, their intimate handling of their dead is not being reported; they go out of their way to get infected, not on purpose but, as a matter of how they treat their dead, and nowhere near everyone who does so gets it.

So, on top of that, if it were remotely as contagious as a mandatory 21 quarantine would suggest, we'd have WAY more cases than we do. WAY more.

On top of that, US troops are being sent there. If it were ANYWHERE near as contagious as suggested, that, simply, would not be happening.

On top of that, the science and medicine, again, says that 21 days is a guideline. 2-12% of cases WILL express AFTER 21 days and somewhere in that number, it has shown to be indefinite. On top of that, many cases express sooner than 21 days which means many cases are NOT infected sooner than 21 days.

Caution is intelligent. Awareness is intelligent. Hysteria, especially for other motives, is not.

The good that is going to come from this when the excitement moves on to the next exciting thing is that more hospitals will be familiar and ready so that that first guy would not have died.
Ebola is highly infectious, is not very contagious and survivability, in the US, unprepared, is VERY good compared to the stats AND will only get better.

:buddies:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Post 114 was a reiteration of the same observation I killed your argument with. You could only come up with two people brought to the U.S. with Ebola and they were from the summer. Your problem is that you called people DUMB ASS because you contend they had been bringing infected people to the U.S. all year long. Face it dude, nobody want to see your chancreous organ so put it back in the barn.