Is It Acceptable

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
This is a deeper issue, imho. Anytime we (as a society) tolerate bad behavior, we (as a society) encourage bad behavior and then we complain about nobody having any manners or acting decent anymore. If we don't speak up, then we shouldn't complain. :shrug: Decency, common respect, etc. go a long way. All it takes sometimes is one person to say this isn't the right way to act. Yep, this is obviously my point of view. The majority seems to think it's perfectly appropriate behavior. Doesn't mean I have to tolerate it in my presence and maybe some of my acquaintances will get a clue.

Perhaps, but this really isn't the proper venue for your soapbox. It's an internet fairytale world and you cannot take what's said as anything more than somebody busying themselves during lunch.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
The majority seems to think it's perfectly appropriate behavior. Doesn't mean I have to tolerate it in my presence and maybe some of my acquaintances will get a clue.

If the majority think the behavior is appropriate than technically it is appropriate for the situation. You sound like a real prude.

Black-Francis

I put up with it, but I have breaking limits and nobody wants to see that :yay:

you guys are my best friends
through thick and thin
we always been together
were four of a kind havin
fun all day laugh'n around and
pile'n away just best friends
BEST FRIENDS ARE WE!

I wouldn't mind a lesson or two (or ten) from hotcho :really:

Pete

Repete
I put up with it, but I have breaking limits and nobody wants to see that :yay:

you guys are my best friends
through thick and thin
we always been together
were four of a kind havin
fun all day laugh'n around and
pile'n away just best friends
BEST FRIENDS ARE WE!

I wouldn't mind a lesson or two (or ten) from hotcho :really:

Toppick?

Otter

Nothing to see here
I rode my bicycle past your window last night
I roller skated to your door at daylight
It almost seems like you're avoiding me
I'm okay alone, but you got something I need

Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out you see
I been looking around awhile
You got something for me
Oh! I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
For somebody who don't drive
I been all around the world
Some people say, I done all right for a girl

You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out you see
I been looking around awhile
You got something for me
You got a brand new key

I asked your mother if you were at home
She said, yes .. but you weren't alone
Oh, sometimes I think that you're avoiding me
I'm okay alone, but you've got something I need

You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out to see
La la la la la la la la, la la la la la la
You got a brand new key

:eyebrow:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I beg to differ.....Mojo's spelling has vastly improved this past year! ....and I would like to take some credit for his achievements! :diva:

I have to take that credit, slick. He's been hanging out with me, and I break the hard words down into cheers, so they're easy for him to remember. :cool:

Beta84

They're out to get us
I beg to differ.....Mojo's spelling has vastly improved this past year! ....and I would like to take some credit for his achievements! :diva:

could be that...or could be most browsers (cept for stupid IE) seem to be incorporating spellcheck :coffee:

Mojo

When are we hanging out? I owe you a beer for all that you have taught me :buddies:

I have to take that credit, slick. He's been hanging out with me, and I break the hard words down into cheers, so they're easy for him to remember. :cool:

I can spell "Warnutz" but that's about it :mad:

Seriously, Mig. I don't see how this is any different than any of the many topics that are deemed offensive. It's all based on what subject falls where on your offense-O-meter. If you are not comfortable with it or do not approve of it then you remove yourself from the conversation and don't bother reading it. I do that now whenever :gossip: goes on about her body functions or when :gossip: goes on and on about blowing people or when :gossip: goes on and on about how holier thou is than the rest and I'll do it when :gossip: starts talking about her pregnancy body fluids and such.

You've been around her so long I can't begin to understand why you are taking it so personally and not just walking away...:confused: