Is It Acceptable

Beta84

They're out to get us
Believe it or not, you aren't the only Jewish person on here. You also aren't the only non-Christian on here. Offensive language is offensive, and shouldn't be tolerated nor encouraged, whether it's racial or religious in nature.

Exactly -- and all I did was argue that the stuff people said could be offensive to others. Somehow, the fact that all this is being brought up means that I complained because I was offended. And now everyone is asking me if they have offended me, or they're calling me a crybaby for being offended. :shrug:

I mean I appreciate everyone making sure they're not offending me for the religious comments but I just wanna set it straight...this isn't about me. Thanks.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Exactly -- and all I did was argue that the stuff people said could be offensive to others. Somehow, the fact that all this is being brought up means that I complained because I was offended. And now everyone is asking me if they have offended me, or they're calling me a crybaby for being offended. :shrug:

I mean I appreciate everyone making sure they're not offending me for the religious comments but I just wanna set it straight...this isn't about me. Thanks.

And I say you are a dumbarse for tolerating it and by trying to appease people, who obviously don't give a crap about you if they are doing nothing but slamming your religion. It would be no different imho, if people were slamming you for your racial make-up. But if you want to kiss butt that's your choice, however, I don't have to tolerate it and I will call people out for their bad behavior. It's about common decency. "Joking" is not funny when it's a thinly veiled disguise for hate and contempt.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And I say you are a dumbarse for tolerating it and by trying to appease people, who obviously don't give a crap about you if they are doing nothing but slamming your religion. It would be no different imho, if people were slamming you for your racial make-up. But if you want to kiss butt that's your choice, however, I don't have to tolerate it and I will call people out for their bad behavior. It's about common decency. "Joking" is not funny when it's a thinly veiled disguise for hate and contempt.

:lmao:

Black-Francis

:killingme ::suchanidiot::

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member

What makes you think he's trying to appease anyone or kiss butt? Maybe he genuinely doesn't give a ####!

What makes you think he's trying to appease anyone or kiss butt? Maybe he genuinely doesn't give a ####!
I agree. Just like when you went all defensive in the :gossip: forum about StrawberryGirl joking about my hearing aid. Hell, you were all about kicking her azz until I told you to clam down it didn't bother me.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Yeah...I make fun of my friends too :ohwell: At least most of the ones that give me crap :lol:
My friends make fun of each other all the time. No one ever gets mad.
I agree. Just like when you went all defensive in the :gossip: forum about StrawberryGirl joking about my hearing aid. Hell, you were all about kicking her azz until I told you to clam down it didn't bother me.

I don't think I really did that, did I? :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Perhaps he doesn't but I still think he's a dumbarse for tolerating offensive behavior when even he admits it is. And if you admit the behavior is offensive, why on earth would you tolerate it? :eyebrow: Maybe he isn't playing the "aw shucks I'll pretend it's funny and we can all get along game" but I don't have another logical explanation for it.

I so hope that was directed to :kjo:, because I don't get it. :confused:

Beta84

They're out to get us
This is still the internet, right?

I think so. Which means everything I'm reading is true :coffee:

Perhaps he doesn't but I still think he's a dumbarse for tolerating offensive behavior when even he admits it is. And if you admit the behavior is offensive, why on earth would you tolerate it? :eyebrow: Maybe he isn't playing the "aw shucks I'll pretend it's funny and we can all get along game" but I don't have another logical explanation for it.

if I didn't tolerate it then I would be allowed to make fun of Mojo's slant eyes :frown:

Black-Francis

It's called a sense of humor.....You should try one on sometime....Maybe cover that face with it!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member

I thought it must have been directed toward you because I don't get it. :lol: