Is It Acceptable

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Seriously, Mig. I don't see how this is any different than any of the many topics that are deemed offensive. It's all based on what subject falls where on your offense-O-meter. If you are not comfortable with it or do not approve of it then you remove yourself from the conversation and don't bother reading it. I do that now whenever :gossip: goes on about her body functions or when :gossip: goes on and on about blowing people or when :gossip: goes on and on about how holier thou is than the rest and I'll do it when :gossip: starts talking about her pregnancy body fluids and such.

You've been around her so long I can't begin to understand why you are taking it so personally and not just walking away...:confused:

I'm not taking this "personally", I am just presenting another point of view. I know this is the stupid arse forums but where do you draw the line? Do you really think I give a crap what anybody on here thinks of me? :eyebrow: Seriously?

The real question is...where do you draw the line? And the comments received back on here where "oh if he's / she's my friend then I feel I can make fun of his/her religion" - Then that implies it is real life interactions not just the net. Then the question is "Did you ever ask him or her if it's offensive?" and the reply is "No", so how is that acceptable behavior? :shrug: Maybe I've made one person think about their interactions with others...maybe not. And you are right I can just go about being an ostrich with my head buried in the sand, or I can say something about it and maybe make a difference, whether it's the "internet", at work or in real life. maybe not.

Black-Francis

I'm not taking this "personally", I am just presenting another point of view. I know this is the stupid arse forums but where do you draw the line? Do you really think I give a crap what anybody on here thinks of me? :eyebrow: Seriously?

The real question is...where do you draw the line? And the comments received back on here where "oh if he's / she's my friend then I feel I can make fun of his/her religion" - Then that implies it is real life interactions not just the net. Then the question is "Did you ever ask him or her if it's offensive?" and the reply is "No", so how is that acceptable behavior? :shrug: Maybe I've made one person think about their interactions with others...maybe not. And you are right I can just go about being an ostrich with my head buried in the sand, or I can say something about it and maybe make a difference, whether it's the "internet", at work or in real life. maybe not.

:blahblah: .....Your thread is much better without you in it .......Now go away!!

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

You need to know your role and shut your hole!