It's happening again!!

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
vraiblonde said:
I love to go to the gym - I just hate driving to the gym. When we were in NY our hotel was attached to a state of the art gym that we had FREE access to. The daughter and I went every single morning to lift and crunch, then back in the evening to run.

I find the gym inspiring because there are always these hard body chicks that look great - I think, "I can BE that chick!!" so it motivates me to work out harder.
I have the opposite problem with chocolate cake: I see the cake and I think..."I can EAT that cake!!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pvineswinger said:
I have the opposite problem with chocolate cake: I see the cake and I think..."I can EAT that cake!!"
:lmao:

Man, I have to tell you - I'd almost rather be fat than never drink anything other than water and :urk: green tea. I drink gallons of water every day but I must have my coffee in the morning and a beer at least on Bebe Mama night.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:

Man, I have to tell you - I'd almost rather be fat than never drink anything other than water and :urk: green tea. I drink gallons of water every day but I must have my coffee in the morning and a beer at least on Bebe Mama night.
caffeine is often used it appetite suppresents. But for me, it makes my blood sugar drop too much thus making me even more hungry :ohwell:

Green Tea is yummy! I drink around 4 cups of it a day at work. not only will it help with your weight, it is a very healthy drink as well

SmallTown

Football season!
ha! Now we see why vrai is having a hard time with this excersise thing! :lmao:

Attachments

• mcdonalds1.jpg
    mcdonalds1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 147
I've been going to the gym last week and this week and every night doing at least 25 minutes of cardio ( 4 times a week) and then some strength training and I haven't lost anything :sad:

Vince

I was never one for dieting. Cook low fat, eat sensibly and keep exercising daily. You'll lose the weight. And it won't happen in a month Vrai. I haven't lost any weight, but then I'm not trying to lose. Lift weights three times a week and run three times a week. Alternating days. Sunday I rest, sometimes. But at least an hour a day exercise. Dieting alone won't do it.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
workin hard said:
I've been going to the gym last week and this week and every night doing at least 25 minutes of cardio ( 4 times a week) and then some strength training and I haven't lost anything
I'll keep going if you'll keep going. :yay: I do feel physically stronger now, so that's something.

vraiblonde said:
I'll keep going if you'll keep going. :yay: I do feel physically stronger now, so that's something.
DEAL!!!

I do feel better. Like I have more energy and stuff and I'm enjoying taking the classes. Like I did Pilates last week, cycling last night ( which my azz still hurts from) and I think beginner yoga Saturday just to mix it up some.

I like going and I'm going to keep going. I just am all for immediate results and it isn't happening like that but it took so much time to put the weight on and it is going to take so much time to get it off.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
vraiblonde said:

I would MUCH rather be fat & happy, than live my life avoiding this, cutting that out, etc. If I gain a few pounds here and there...yeah well...I'm still happy with myself.
I mean 400lbs isn't that heavy, is it? :confused:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Vrai, as others have said, throw the scales out- it means NOTHING in and of itself. Go over to your health store of choice and pick up a skin fold tester- make sure it has an instruction booklet. Use it about a once a week.

Also, don't expect to start losing fat overnight. Give your body time to adjust- I'd say in a month or two you'll know whether or not your efforts are paying off.

Someone mentioned water and caffeine. Water is actually a hunger supressant. Most of the water your body obtains comes from food not drink. So, if you aren't drinking enough, you'll get hungrier. Caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it dryes your body out. Caffeine is chemically an extremely mild form of cocaine. It does reduce appetite, but it also speeds your body up and enhances physically performance (hence why its banned in the olympics). I forget the medical term, but a high meat diet does something to your body that enhances the effects of caffeine (works wonders in the ring).

K

Katie

I have been doing weight training for 8 weeks now. I haven't lost a pound, but I did lose 1% of body fat.

When it is during cycling season I drop almost NOTHING in weight because I don't eat enough for the amount of riding that I do.

Just give it time...Take measurements every month and you will see a difference in them.

fttrsbeerwench

I went in to the hospital and came out 16 pounds lighter!!!... I have not had a drink in over a month and I can actually make it throught the day without a nap. I go back to work this week and hopefully I will keep losing... I have given up "real" sodas, and cut the coffee in half (that's about a pot instead of 2). I want to get an exercise routine and hopefully be down even more by my birthday...WAHOOO!!.. I never thought that going on the IV fluid diet would be so beneficial!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
pvineswinger said:
I would MUCH rather be fat & happy, than live my life avoiding this, cutting that out, etc. If I gain a few pounds here and there...yeah well...I'm still happy with myself.
I mean 400lbs isn't that heavy, is it? :confused:

No worries until ya have to call 911 to get out of bed...
or they find a Twinkie where there shouldn't be a Twinkie..