It's happening again!!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
workin hard said:
I do feel better. Like I have more energy and stuff and I'm enjoying taking the classes. Like I did Pilates last week, cycling last night ( which my azz still hurts from) and I think beginner yoga Saturday just to mix it up some.

Where are the classes being offered? I have taken yoga in the past and have the DVDs, mat, space, etc to do it at home, but I fell out of groove. I like going to class as it re-stimulates me and my efforts... I found a class that is held at night, but I would prefer a weekend day.

TIA!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Gemmi said:
Anybody go to ProFitness gym in St. Mary's Square? :cartwheel

I did at one time. Its a pretty decent gym- had everything I needed and more. The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't open 24 hrs. a day.

K

Katie

Gemmi said:
Anybody go to ProFitness gym in St. Mary's Square? :cartwheel

I workout there. Just did a workout after weight watchers!!! I am just starting to weight train, but have done spin classes for eons. I am working on becoming a spin instructor so I can teach there!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Jared said:
Dear vrai,

Here is the deal. You need to go on the Subway diet. Worked for me. :yay:

Dear Jared,

I watched your most recent commercial. You are getting fat again. Are you certain that you've been staying away from those chicken selects?

Signed,
A Fan

G

Gemmi

I have heard a lot about the spinning classes?Could you tell me exactly what it is about?Is it like riding a bike? :boxing:

K

Katie

Gemmi said:
I have heard a lot about the spinning classes?Could you tell me exactly what it is about?Is it like riding a bike? :boxing:

It is riding on a stationary bike, that you can adjust the tension with a knob. It is led by an instructor who will do a different routine. I do the strength training and interval training.

Here are some terms:
Jumps - Pedaling with some resistance going up and down from the saddle. Build the quads and hamstrings up.

Postion two - Standing in the pedals and pedaling. Hands straight down in front of you.

Position three - Standing in the pedals and going into a climbing mode.

Running - Pedaling at 80-100 rpm's

Sprinting - Pedaling at over 100 rpm's

Jog - Pedaling at 70-80

Climb - peadling at 60-70

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Katie said:
Awesome!! I lost 4.2 this week! :smile:
:clap: I just weighed and I lost 2 pounds from last week. :jumpsaround/doesadance:

I do more strenghth building stuff because I read that muscle burns fat all the time, not just when you're exercising. And that's what I want - to boost my metabolism.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:clap: I just weighed and I lost 2 pounds from last week. :jumpsaround/doesadance:

I do more strenghth building stuff because I read that muscle burns fat all the time, not just when you're exercising. And that's what I want - to boost my metabolism.
Shouldn't this read that you only gained one pound from a week ago? :biggrin:

willie

vraiblonde said:

oh oh

Attachments

• jogfatty.jpg
    jogfatty.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 147
Hey Vrai... here is a recipe that sounds yummy...

My sis e-mailed it to me...

Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip

Was | 12 POINTS
Now | 6 POINTS
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 12 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

snacks | Don't succumb to traditional, artery-clogging wings. Simply bake them in a tangy rub and then dip them in lightened-up dressing.

Ingredients

1 serving olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving), or enough to coat sheet
12 pieces Tyson Chicken Wings, or similar product
1 1/4 oz Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, or similar product
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
2 Tbsp blue cheese, or gorgonzola, crumbled
2 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
4 medium stalk celery, cut into 2-inch pieces

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Place chicken wings in a zip-close plastic bag, add taco seasoning, seal bag and shake to coat. Transfer wings to prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, to prepare dip, whisk together sour cream, cheese and milk.

Serve wings with dip and celery on the side. Yields 3 wings, 3 tablespoons dip and 1 celery stalk per serving.

Chef's Tips

We renovated Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip by:

Baking the wings instead of deep frying them in oil.

Using fat-free sour cream and nonfat milk in the dip.

Using Blue or Gorgonzola cheese - packed with flavor, a little goes a long way.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
That sounds so good! Took a day off from exercising yesterday, back to the gym today for 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I need to start sit ups but don't want to :whine:

For those of you exercising: What do you count? Calories burned, distance, or level of difficulty?

I'm a calorie counter.

Down 6 lbs so far and so many more to go.