It's happening again!!

K

Katie

Hello6 said:
For those of you exercising: What do you count? Calories burned, distance, or level of difficulty?

I count calories and what the intensity was. On the days I do the elliptical machine I do interval training from level 9 up to level 14. On spinning days I am clueless of how many calories I burned so I just figure out how long.

Tonight I have a spinning class and step class.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Hello6 said:
That sounds so good! Took a day off from exercising yesterday, back to the gym today for 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I need to start sit ups but don't want to :whine:

For those of you exercising: What do you count? Calories burned, distance, or level of difficulty?

None of the above. I do all strength training, since I have the opposite problem.

Hello6 said:
I'm a calorie counter.

Down 6 lbs so far and so many more to go.

Congradulations. You're doing a lot better than me. I've been lifting since October and I've only gained 2 pounds, though I have dropped at least 4% in body fat.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Update

Down a total of 16 lbs :banana: But am bummed that after 3 days of reduced calories and 40 min on the eliptical trainer that there wasn't even a budge in the scale, and bitter that weighing myself can wreck my mood.

Still, pants do feel looser and I am wearing a smaller belt with my work pants.

Only 40 lbs to go. :ohwell:

K

Katie

Hello6 said:
Down a total of 16 lbs :banana: But am bummed that after 3 days of reduced calories and 40 min on the eliptical trainer that there wasn't even a budge in the scale, and bitter that weighing myself can wreck my mood.

Still, pants do feel looser and I am wearing a smaller belt with my work pants.

Only 40 lbs to go. :ohwell:

GREAT JOB :banana:

You might have reduced calories to much with going 40 minutes on the Elliptical machine.

Vince

Chain729 said:
None of the above. I do all strength training, since I have the opposite problem.

Congradulations. You're doing a lot better than me. I've been lifting since October and I've only gained 2 pounds, though I have dropped at least 4% in body fat.
Been lifting a long time, but I alternate. Run one day and lift one day. Take Sundays off. Dropped a little body fat and gained 5 lbs in a little over a year. Eat one meal a day and sometimes that's lettuce and tuna fish. I think I may switch and start eating alot of small low cal meals. But then the weekends come and I eat stuff like chicken wings and drink beer. :cheers: Gotta enjoy life a little.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Lord help me, but I could really go for a Checkers burger right now. Don't forget the bacon and extra mayonnaise. :yum: :drool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey, I love ya, doll, I really do - but you eat the grossest things. And I'm jealous that you eat that crap and don't weigh 400 lbs. :lol:

And to my MKB - in fact I have lost a few more pounds. So ha ha, Chubby.

:cheers:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Chasey, I love ya, doll, I really do - but you eat the grossest things. And I'm jealous that you eat that crap and don't weigh 400 lbs. :lol:

And to my MKB - in fact I have lost a few more pounds. So ha ha, Chubby.

:cheers:
I'm not chubby!!

Vince

Chasey_Lane said:
You're starving yourself. :shocking:
Was thinking about changing my eating habits to alot of small meals during the day. Apples, power bars, energy drinks, etc., then a small dinner. All I do now is drink coffee all day.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
Actually, it's been several weeks since I had any kind of fast food. I don't eat it much now at all. :ohwell:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Chasey_Lane said:
Lord help me, but I could really go for a Checkers burger right now. Don't forget the bacon and extra mayonnaise. :yum: :drool:

Mmmm...checker's does sound good for lunch today!!

Looks like I will have to spin a lot faster today in class to burn off today's lunch :lmao:

Chain729

Vince said:
Been lifting a long time, but I alternate. Run one day and lift one day. Take Sundays off. Dropped a little body fat and gained 5 lbs in a little over a year. Eat one meal a day and sometimes that's lettuce and tuna fish. I think I may switch and start eating alot of small low cal meals. But then the weekends come and I eat stuff like chicken wings and drink beer. :cheers: Gotta enjoy life a little.

You should switch. It sounds like you're starving your body which will cause it turn anything it can to fat.

I lifted for a few years when I was younger, but I had to give it up due to time restraints. Now, I only lift twice a week since between my long hours at work, my car club, and my worsening personal life (gotta love roommates)- I don't have a whole lot of time. I need to get back into it, start eating more of my food's food, and drop my caffeine intake.

The only way I can gain any weight at all, is to lift. Hopefully, things will calm down at home soon, I'll get some stuff finished and I'll be able to devote more time to lifting and possibly start MA training again. Of course, that just may be a "pipe dream."

Chain729

Chasey_Lane said:

Can't wait for it to warm up so I can switch from my winter, Wed night Yuengling and steak fix to my summer-time, Wed night Checkers fix.