It's hit the fan now!

sockgirl77

I agree. My daughter earns privileges because she's a good girl and she does well in school.

When I did well in school I got a few bucks for my grades. If I finished off a good year my mom took me to Wild World to The Wet Banana in Colonial Beach. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
When I did well in school I got a few bucks for my grades. If I finished off a good year my mom took me to Wild World to The Wet Banana in Colonial Beach. :yay:
My daughter doesn't get money for good grades because I feel she should be getting them. She doesn't get an allowance either (I'm mean like that) but always helps around the house. What works for me and my family won't always work for the next. There's no right or wrong, just opinion.

R

redhotmomma

What happens if something bad happen to your child, like getting sick really bad or got in accident and they had to miss a lot of school? If you miss too many days you fail. Even if it was a ligit reason. They don't always say it's ok we will let it slide. My brother was in a car accident and was out for a month. When he cam back they said there was nothing they could do they failed him. My Parents went to the school board and they did nothing.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I have this beloved friend whom I wish, I could kill! His step daughter a 9th grader was caught skipping school today.

In my house, the kids were given 3 free skip days a year. Just tell Momma so I don't have to freak out and think your dead. I'm sure they skipped more often but it was never an issue.

Anyhow, my friend is losing his mind. He has already called her father in Arizona and went rushing over to her friends house to inform the mom that her child was a bastage also.

He is sending his little, to Military school next year.

I'm listening to him, thinking My God, what a total over reaction! It's the last week of school... she skipped - BFD!

My mantra has always been " No kid will make my life hell!"

Did my hatred of hell make me a slack parent, or is he completely over the top?

Put her on a weeks restriction and be done with it! Dayum!
I always had good grades in school, but I'd skip a few days a year. I always skipped on the last week of school, bfd. They're not doing anything in class except watching videos or doing something completely useless anyways. :bigwhoop:

I wouldn't even punish the kid, yes your friend is way over the top.

sockgirl77

What happens if something bad happen to your child, like getting sick really bad or got in accident and they had to miss a lot of school? If you miss too many days you fail. Even if it was a ligit reason. They don't always say it's ok we will let it slide. My brother was in a car accident and was out for a month. When he cam back they said there was nothing they could do they failed him. My Parents went to the school board and they did nothing.

Honestly, he should have had home schooling then. The Board of Ed provides home teachers in this kind of situation. I actually kinda agree with the school's decision on that. He missed alot of education in a month.

AndyMarquisLIVE

If I did well in school, I got ..... nothing. :diva:

If I got as much as one C on my report card, #### would hit the fan and my parents would kirk. But they had no problem with me skipping a day or two a year, just as long as my report card was "appropriatte" (meaning all A's and B's).

sockgirl77

I always had good grades in school, but I'd skip a few days a year. I always skipped on the last week of school, bfd. They're not doing anything in class except watching videos or doing something completely useless anyways. :bigwhoop:

I wouldn't even punish the kid, yes your friend is way over the top.

I only watched a few videos while I was in school. Well, I did have a Psych teacher in LHS that let us watch related movies alot. But, all of the movies had to do with psychology. Cybil was great. :lol:

sockgirl77

If I did well in school, I got ..... nothing. :diva:

If I got as much as one C on my report card, #### would hit the fan and my parents would kirk. But they had no problem with me skipping a day or two a year, just as long as my report card was "appropriatte" (meaning all A's and B's).

I didn't get in trouble with my mom if I had a C as long as I had an A to balance it out. Now my dad, that's another story. I got the whole "
C's are average, don't you want to be more that just average!" speech.

Cowgirl

One of my BFFs, Jenny, is super smart, and I don't think she's ever NOT gotten straight A's. Her mother MADE her skip school a few days each school year because Jenny was so serious about school she'd really stress herself out. Jenny just graduated from vet school with honors. :dance:

R

redhotmomma

Honestly, he should have had home schooling then. The Board of Ed provides home teachers in this kind of situation. I actually kinda agree with the school's decision on that. He missed alot of education in a month.

He couldn't. Half his face was ripped off and one hand was broke. He can only see out of one eye now. The other one is really blurry.He was actually trying to go back to school early because he was worried about failing. So no the school board was wrong.

Cowgirl

He couldn't. Half his face was ripped off and one hand was broke. He can only see out of one eye now. The other one is really blurry.He was actually trying to go back to school early because he was worried about failing. So no the school board was wrong.

He got in a serious accident and your family was worried about him failing a grade? Big deal! At least he's alive!

AndyMarquisLIVE

I didn't get in trouble with my mom if I had a C as long as I had an A to balance it out. Now my dad, that's another story. I got the whole "
C's are average, don't you want to be more that just average!" speech.
One time I brought home a D on an interim. That was the last time. :roflmao:

I bungeed that bad boy back up to a high-B (91%) in 2 weeks to protect my ass. :lol:

Oh yeah, it's harder to get A's and B's in Florida than it is up here because an 83% is a C, 69% is an F, an 92% is a B. :lol:

sockgirl77

Wow. That's awful. I still agree with the school's decision though.

sockgirl77

One time I brought home a D on an interim. That was the last time. :roflmao:

I bungeed that bad boy back up to a high-B (91%) in 2 weeks to protect my ass. :lol:

Oh yeah, it's harder to get A's and B's in Florida than it is up here because an 83% is a C, 69% is an F, an 92% is a B. :lol:

In NC it is the same way. Up here 90% is an A. Also, in NC, There is no F. They have E's which makes sense because it is the next letter in the alphabet. It's also the same way in Charles County. When I moved to St. Mary's my mom asked why they had F's and not E's. The teacher responded "parents would think that it meant Excellent". :rolleyes:

R

redhotmomma

He got in a serious accident and your family was worried about him failing a grade? Big deal! At least he's alive!

He was not my family. After 3 weeks the bandages came off. He just wanted things to get back to normal. The school was informed of his accident. It happen in front of the school. I was 2 weeks after school started. He ended up getting his GED a year later. He passed with flying colors.