Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation

SamSpade

Convenient that you become "bored" with conversations as soon as you are confronted with information that is contrary to whatever opinion that you offer at the moment. Kinda like how Sleepy Joe gets "bored" at a press conference when reporters ask him to answer questions about the economy when given actual numbers :killingme
Then produce facts and "actual numbers" and we can talk. You've posted about a half dozen times in this thread, and never cited a single fact.
You and Hemi - whom I'm beginning to think is your sock puppet - just hem and haw and insult but don't actually address anything. The weirdest thing is you dismissing personal anecdotal information - with your own.

I also tire of conversations that turn into ENDLESS he said she said stuff. You can see the evidence on this forum where by the time you reach the end of a thread, it has nothing to do with the subject, but just a handful of people mincing words over who said what.

Life's too short.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You wore him down Polonius.

No facts stated, no points made, just snark ...

Reminds me of that monologue from ' We were Soldiers Once and We Were Young '

the summery the Vietcong Commander makes ...

Such A Tragedy

They Think They Have Won Here.

And This Will Become An American War

The End Will Be The Same ...

.... Except For The Numbers That Will Die Before The End

OccamsRazor

Then produce facts and "actual numbers" and we can talk. You've posted about a half dozen times in this thread, and never cited a single fact.
You and Hemi - whom I'm beginning to think is your sock puppet - just hem and haw and insult but don't actually address anything. The weirdest thing is you dismissing personal anecdotal information - with your own.

I also tire of conversations that turn into ENDLESS he said she said stuff. You can see the evidence on this forum where by the time you reach the end of a thread, it has nothing to do with the subject, but just a handful of people mincing words over who said what.

Life's too short.
I respect you Sam. You seem to be one of the only members on here who can speak to a subject with intelligence and without too much bias. I do find it funny that you seemed to have singled out ME with regards to "producing facts" and "dismissing personal anecdotal information", when you know damn good and well that the board mommy and MANY other every-day forumites do this daily. My point being, if you are going to call out people then call them ALL out. Unless, of course, you want this place to stay the echo chamber that it is.
Otherwise, why waste the time and money keeping this forum going when all that needs to happen is have all the "friends" get together each morning at the Dunkin' Donuts and debate what is going on like the old folks used to do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I respect you Sam. You seem to be one of the only members on here who can speak to a subject with intelligence and without too much bias. I do find it funny that you seemed to have singled out ME with regards to "producing facts" and "dismissing personal anecdotal information", when you know damn good and well that the board mommy and MANY other every-day forumites do this daily. My point being, if you are going to call out people then call them ALL out. Unless, of course, you want this place to stay the echo chamber that it is.
Otherwise, why waste the time and money keeping this forum going when all that needs to happen is have all the "friends" get together each morning at the Dunkin' Donuts and debate what is going on like the old folks used to do.

You people don't even hear yourselves.

Everyone is free to voice their opinion on here.
Everyone is free to disagree with anyone else.
Everyone is free to ignore those they don't care to interact with.

It's pretty simple stuff, and yet you seem to be struggling.....

OccamsRazor

Everyone is free to voice their opinion on here.
Everyone is free to disagree with anyone else.
Everyone is free to ignore those they don't care to interact with.
And absolutely NO ONE is able to admit they were wrong.
And absolutely NO ONE can handle it when they are called on their BS.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She doesn't have to - it's ridiculous to place the current spike in inflation on a bonanza of wealth and cash being spent on too few goods - that basically, people are awash in money, and they're just spending too much.

More than two-thirds of shoppers struggling to pay for groceries

The True Cost of a Grocery Shop survey conducted by Swiftly, a retail technologies company, was given to a random pool of 1,500 participants. Results measured the habits of consumers and how they navigate inflation as it drives up grocery costs.

The survey found that more than two-thirds of consumers are struggling to afford groceries. About 83% of respondents said they rely on coupons or some form of customer rewards when they shop.

"Simply put, food costs are too high," Swiftly said in a release.

Online shopping and grocery delivery services gained some level of popularity before and throughout the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic. The trend has not held in 2022. About one-third of consumers find themselves shopping in-store more than they did last year.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
And absolutely NO ONE is able to admit they were wrong.
And absolutely NO ONE can handle it when they are called on their BS.
Well then by all means....

Please start by admitting you are wrong. :yay:

The first step is always the hardest. :jet: