• Yes

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Having three crushed vertebrae (fused with two discs missing) and another three herniated discs, it doesn't bother me that bad. :lmao:

Maybe he just liked to lie back and enjoy the ride?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My mom...

...brought up a point she had heard about Jack:

Apparently he usually had on a serious, corset type back brace that made him rather immobile. In other words, after the first hit, he couldn't move! Couldn't collapse or duck or even twist around, as Connely did.

He needed to move about 4 inches for the fatal (from the rear) headshot to miss him completely.

He COULD have survived the first hit.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: My mom...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...brought up a point she had heard about Jack:

Apparently he usually had on a serious, corset type back brace that made him rather immobile. In other words, after the first hit, he couldn't move! Couldn't collapse or duck or even twist around, as Connely did.

He needed to move about 4 inches for the fatal (from the rear) headshot to miss him completely.

He COULD have survived the first hit.
Then how did he collapse and fall over after the head shot, did it pop the stays? And how do we know the back through throat shot wasn't a fatal one as well? Are the Gudes clairvoyant (we know Dee Jay is)?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
Oliver Stones JFK, very interesting indeed.
I tend to solidify my opinions based on Stone movies - whatever he says happened, I believe the exact opposite. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
I tend to solidify my opinions based on Stone movies - whatever he says happened, I believe the exact opposite. :lol:
My opinion was not so much based on Stone's views but Jim Garrison's. I did a little research and found out that after the release of this movie there was an outcry and in 92' congress made a commission to find out what truely happened and would try to release a lot of the classified information to the general public. In 96' they ended and came up with a report, concluding that a lot of Garrison's views were indeed correct or indicating that Garrison was on the right path at least.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Do you mean...

My opinion was not so much based on Stone's views but Jim Garrison's

Jim Garrisons views as told my Oliver Stone in his movie?

If you really care about what happened to JFK, read Die by the Sword by Gus Russo.

If nothing else, it has all sorts of documented evidence and facts that you can use to persue whatever opinion you develop.

If you're like most people, you really don't care enough to research it but it's fun to talk about and all you really want is the Readers Digest version.

Russo consulted with Stone on the movie. Stone just wanted to stir things up because he likes the idea of the military industrial complex, facts be damned. Garrison was a full of #### nut job. Oswald killed Kennedy. The cover up is CYA stuff because CIA knew plenty about him and didn't take him very seriously and, sans cover up, many an illegal domestic CIA operation would have come to light, mostly under orders from JFK himself that would have been very embarrassing. Bobby Kennedy might even have been indicted as well.

Messy stuff.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:

If you really care about what happened to JFK, read Die by the Sword by Gus Russo.

If nothing else, it has all sorts of documented evidence and facts that you can use to persue whatever opinion you develop.

If you're like most people, you really don't care enough to research it but it's fun to talk about and all you really want is the Readers Digest version.

Russo consulted with Stone on the movie. Stone just wanted to stir things up because he likes the idea of the military industrial complex, facts be damned. Garrison was a full of #### nut job. Oswald killed Kennedy. The cover up is CYA stuff because CIA knew plenty about him and didn't take him very seriously and, sans cover up, many an illegal domestic CIA operation would have come to light, mostly under orders from JFK himself that would have been very embarrassing. Bobby Kennedy might even have been indicted as well.

Messy stuff.
Sorry Bud, there are just too many loopholes in this 'Oswald killed Kennedy' story. He may have had a part in the assassination but he surely didn't act alone. There is way too much information out there to prove a conspiracy, the link I provided is just one piece.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
Why is this book any more authoratative than any other book on the subject?

Russo has a black mark with me because he also recommended that :rolleyes: book about how terrible and frightening technology and computers are. That alone tells me he's got a screw loose.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Most people feel...

but he surely didn't act alone

...the same way.

It just can't be.

No need to apologize to me. If I live in a world that can completely cover up the assassination of the most powerful man in the world, there isn't a thing I gotta worry about because the great 'they' are gonna make sure it doesn't matter anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's not...

Why is this book any more authoratative than any other book on the subject?

I think it's pretty clear, to most people, Oswald was a pawn in THE grandest conspiracy in world history. We know who killed EVERYONE in history...except one.

Besides, he recomended a book that says bad things about computers. We fart in his general direction!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
Garrison was a full of #### nut job.
Why? Is it because he stood up for American justice? Do you not think our government or at least a part of our government can do something of this nature?

Larry Gude said:
Yes, this sparked my initial interest in Garrison. I, however, began some research after the movie to deduct Stone's add-on's from the actual truth of the story.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The WAS a conspiracy...

...to cover up the governments role in failing to protect the President and covering up illegal operations surrounding the assassination.

Web page:

NOTE: This web page is not officially connected with the Assassination Records Review Board

Let's dig some nuggets, shall we?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Yes, this sparked my initial interest in Garrison. I, however, began some research after the movie to deduct Stone's add-on's from the actual truth of the story.

Actual truth of the story? The easy way through this would be to read the book, yes?