Kids being "Ugly"

Unosmom said:
Thanks sweetpea! It's nice to know that I am not the only one out there that feels like they are losing control!
yw

what doesnt kill us(or should i say them)makes us stronger

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Unosmom said:
Lets start with being mouthy, defiant, not cooperating, not listening, doing something so horrible that I dare not voice it here, followed by hitting of others ie: her sisters, ending with spitting! Now you know why my flying monkeys will totally destroy the child if I don't just walk away right now!
You need to spank her for that crap elsewise you are raising a terror and it will get worse. Open hand and on the ass and you won't hurt her. Matter of fact it will hurt you more then her once she starts crying but you can't let her get away with what you say is going on.

Unosmom

Ken King said:
You need to spank her for that crap elsewise you are raising a terror and it will get worse. Open hand and on the ass and you won't hurt her. Matter of fact it will hurt you more then her once she starts crying but you can't let her get away with what you say is going on.

I was thinking along the lines of Military School or Private Boarding School! I know I am pipedreaming, but I'm intitled to my Fantasy!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Unosmom said:
I was thinking along the lines of Military School or Private Boarding School! I know I am pipedreaming, but I'm intitled to my Fantasy!
That will go a long ways towards garnering her respect, NOT. :dur: Just be the parent say no once, restrict or time-out the second time, and then don't spare the rod for any further offenses.

Unosmom

Have tried time out with this one and it doesn't work, HAVE swated her hinney, she thought that was funny, she continues to push my buttons!!!! My other 2 kids are good as gold most of the time but my middle child is a real pain in the aruss! I feel like anything I do or say gets me nowhere with her. I am almost to the point of giving up and letting Dad take care of her issues, and trust me, he doesn't want that job! He has seen what I am going through!

Unosmom

Besides, he took care of the horrible thing she did. She was not a happy camper after that. Maybe it's just me? :confused:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Is she getting enough sleep?

I find that my daughter acts up more when she is tired. Hence, the early bedtime that I adhere to pretty strictly.

Unosmom

RoseRed said:
Is she getting enough sleep?

I find that my daughter acts up more when she is tired. Hence, the early bedtime that I adhere to pretty strictly.

Yep! I have a strict bedtime policy! She does real well with it. She fights at frist, but what kid doesn't, then goes on like she is suppose to. I really think it is just me! She is very strong willed!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If smacking her isn't working, stop smacking her. The only time that works is as a rare surprise.

Make her write sentences - "I will not backtalk Mom as long as I am a dependent child living in her home, where she feeds me and clothes me and gets nothing in return." <---note the LONG sentence. 100 times.

This works in two ways - kids HATE this more than being smacked or yelled at, plus it keeps them busy for awhile. Jani B taught me that trick and it works. :dance:

Unosmom

vraiblonde said:
If smacking her isn't working, stop smacking her. The only time that works is as a rare surprise.

Make her write sentences - "I will not backtalk Mom as long as I am a dependent child living in her home, where she feeds me and clothes me and gets nothing in return." <---note the LONG sentence. 100 times.

This works in two ways - kids HATE this more than being smacked or yelled at, plus it keeps them busy for awhile. Jani B taught me that trick and it works. :dance:
:lmao: Her father did that to her for that horrible thing! I had her write, I will not lie to my mommy and daddy 100 times. She has yet to complete that! :angry:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Unosmom said:
Yep! I have a strict bedtime policy! She does real well with it. She fights at frist, but what kid doesn't, then goes on like she is suppose to. I really think it is just me! She is very strong willed!

My daughter is 5 and she does a lot of the same things. I usually send her to her room and tell her she can't come out until she can be nice. Since she is a very sociable animal, she usually straightens up quickly and apologizes for her behavior and all is well.

If that doesn't work, I take away TV, computer games, videos/DVDs, dessert, bedtime story, etc... Whatever fits the bill at the time.

At that age, they are becoming more independent, but are not always able to verbalize what is bothering them, that may be part of her problem. I find that sitting down and talking to her sans TV & radio helps her and we work through the particular issue.

K

Kizzy

All of it is too complicated, I just spank their butts. :biggrin:

Kids are going to be kids, they are going to be loud, but what peeves me more than anything is when I tell them NOT to do something and they do it anyway. My youngest has a hard time with this, so either he gets spanked or time out, hates both.

Unosmom

We have done all those! And you are right, she is a very sociable creature. Ususally after going to her room she comes right back out and tell me she is sorry. Now mind you, she walked into her room turned around and came back out to tell me this. When you ask her why she was sent there she can't tell you. So you send her back, she returns in about 1 1/2 minutes and tries again. And again she can't answer the question. Do ya see my frustration!!!! :bonk:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Mine had an honest to goodness meltdown about a week ago. Froze up, went stiff and SCREAMED bloody murder. She hasn't done this since she was about 2-3ish.

I never laid a hand on her, although, I drug her down the hall to her room and put her on her bed. And I sat there until she calmed down. I then explained to her that since we are in a condo, the neighbors could hear all this and think that I am hurting her and the police could come and take her away from me and make her live with strangers. She stopped ever so quickly.

What was her reason for meltdown? She was tired and I took away her Halloween pumpkin and would not let her eat any more candy.

Unosmom

My baby did that about the time of her 4th birthday. She quickly got over it too! Not sure what caused it, but I took her into my lap and rocked her for about 5 minutes and then it was over. She was back to being her happy go lucky self. :banana:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Unosmom said:
And again she can't answer the question. Do ya see my frustration!!!! :bonk:

Yes, I understand that. That is when you sit down with her, in her room, and explain to her... "Dingbat (or proper name) you are being punished for X behavior. Once you learn to not do X, you may come out of your room." Then leave the room and let her ponder.

Unosmom

Been there, Done that. She takes that to be a cue as to things are alright now. Now if Daddy was to do that it is another ballgame. I'm telling ya all it's gotta be me. We just butt heads all the time anymore. Maybe she is all excited about her birthday this week and her Party that she knows about but not where we are going. I know that if this behavior doesn't stop, I will cancel her party and Christmas at this point.