Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I agree that the majority of checks are probably the ‘business’ type that you describe, but the check stolen and washed that I wrote for the HOA where I live was in a plain envelope with hand written To and From addresses. Someone at USPS must have noticed the addresses as businesses and snatched it. Bass-turds.
I'm not surprised..I'm sure they've developed techniques for sniffing out all kinds of checks by this point. Basically speaking, any check in the mail is subject to being stolen by regional USPS mafia and they don't give the first sh!t about it.

Every time we send out a "largish" check, even trying to be incognito, we nervously await and constantly look for it to clear cleanly. What a fawkin' way to live. There's a friend of yours...he and I need to go full banana on those clowns...
kar.gif

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I haven't had an issue yet, but I've cut my check writing to a bare minimum, couple of checks a year to places that I don't have auto-pay, like the doctor.

I do the incognito thing too, put the bill and check inside their envelope, then put that envelope inside a plain white with hand written addresses, and hope for the best.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
And another thread that has taken a u-turn....
What's new? :sshrug:

I've finally gotten Mommy Dearest's bills all converted to over-the-phone or electronic. Luckily she only lost one to the mob and was able to stop payment with no charge.

DaSDGuy

Didn't read anything about stopping the thefts from the DC Distribution Center. What good is a secure blue drop box when it all goes to the criminals in DC to sort?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Didn't read anything about stopping the thefts from the DC Distribution Center. What good is a secure blue drop box when it all goes to the criminals in DC to sort?

all that BS and not a word about the USPS' very own internal organized mail theft operations.