Matthew 6:5-15 Prayer

bcp

In My Opinion
I responded to this in the other thread. Now stop dodging and answer my question.

already told you.
Im not dodging.
I will answer and show you what you dont want to see just as soon as you show me where its ok to worship and pray to mary.

show or admit that its the wrong thing to do.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
already told you.
Im not dodging.
I will answer and show you what you dont want to see just as soon as you show me where its ok to worship and pray to mary.

show or admit that its the wrong thing to do.

:lmao: Yeah, you're dodging. I'll patronize you and repeat myself and put it simply so you can understand. It's not ok to worship Mary, anyone or anything other than God. It's biblical to pray to and for others.

Your turn! I'm going to bed, I'll read your response in the morning. I'll sleep well. I hope you can say the same.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Ive never seen such a thing, but I will take your word for your experience, but tell me, these busts of previous pastors, do they sit at the alter? does the congregation pray to them? do they have pastor beads that that do the hail previous pastors to?
or, are they just there for remembrance, not unlike a wall of pictures of previous pastors.

1. There was no altar at the Protestant church I attended.
2. No, congregation did not pray to them.
3. No, no, no, to the rest of your questions, both in the Catholic church and Protestant church.

bcp

In My Opinion
:lmao: Yeah, you're dodging. I'll patronize you and repeat myself and put it simply so you can understand. It's not ok to worship Mary, anyone or anything other than God. It's biblical to pray to and for others.

Your turn! I'm going to bed, I'll read your response in the morning. I'll sleep well. I hope you can say the same.

Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

biblical to pray for, but not to.

There are no mediators, Mary does nothing, the way is Jesus Christ.
You are wrong.

bcp

In My Opinion
1. There was no altar at the Protestant church I attended.
2. No, congregation did not pray to them.
3. No, no, no, to the rest of your questions, both in the Catholic church and Protestant church.

Why then is the statue of the Virgin Mary up at the front of the Catholic Church?
why do people flock to the Virgin Mary statues and pray to her if someone thinks they saw a tear drop from her eye?

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Why then is the statue of the Virgin Mary up at the front of the Catholic Church?
why do people flock to the Virgin Mary statues and pray to her if someone thinks they saw a tear drop from her eye?

Now you are confusing what some Catholics do with what the catechism of the Catholic Church actually teaches. I just think you are more interested in being a douche.....yep, that's it!

bcp

In My Opinion
Now you are confusing what some Catholics do with what the catechism of the Catholic Church actually teaches. I just think you are more interested in being a douche.....yep, that's it!

God forbid someone questions the Catholic church.
The pope would not approve.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

"douche" that would be clean. Use it with the word bag, you might be getting closer.

BCP, when did you "find" Jesus?
.....please be honest.

and......what was your life like before that?

S

skilletGirl

:crickets: :tap:

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. (Revelation 22:18, 19 NIV)

S

skilletGirl

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. (Revelation 22:18, 19 NIV)

I hope this is enough proof. It's straight from the bible, written in red to show that Jesus himself spoke them.

S

skilletGirl

You know the scrolls that scripture refers to isn't the Bible, right?

If you honestly can't understand this passage then all I can do is pray for you. I truly do hope that the relationship you have with God is a strong one.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
If you honestly can't understand this passage then all I can do is pray for you. I truly do hope that the relationship you have with God is a strong one.

By what basis do you assume I don't understand it? YOUR interpretation of it or a proof that the hallucination dream that is Revelations is actually referring to the Bible as "the scrolls" (let me help you, keep in mind, the Bible wasn't written when Revelations (a dream) was written down.)

S

skilletGirl

By what basis do you assume I don't understand it? YOUR interpretation of it or a proof that the hallucination dream that is Revelations is actually referring to the Bible as "the scrolls" (let me help you, keep in mind, the Bible wasn't written when Revelations (a dream) was written down.)

I'm pretty sure Galatians wasn't an "hallucination".
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! (Galatians 1:6-8 NIV)

bcp

In My Opinion
Exactly, and neither does a Catholic pray to a statue.

Do you seriously have a problem with "Hail Mary"? If so, then you also have a problem with the angel Gabriel.

Dude, we need to stop because at this point I'm getting great amusement at your expense and it's going to be hard not to f with you from here on out. :lol:

Do I have a problem with Hail Mary,,, yes I do. She not deserving of praying to. Praying for? yes,, praying to? not according to the Bible.
Do I have a problem with Gabriel? Why yes I do, didn't the angle Gabriel have a problem with God letting humans into Heaven?
If Gabriel questioned God, is Gabriel someone we should not have a problem with?

Radiant1

Soul Probe

That's all well and good skilletGirl, but that's referring to Revelations itself, not the entire bible nor does it really address the question at hand. I hope this doesn't rock your world or anything, but it was men who decided that Revelations should be in the bible to begin with. The bible didn't say what it was to contain, how could it? And you still have that little problem, no not little problem but huge problem, of the entire NT having been added to the OT. Thanks for playing though! :huggy:

S

skilletGirl

That's all well and good skilletGirl, but that's referring to Revelations itself, not the entire bible nor does it really address the question at hand. I hope this doesn't rock your world or anything, but it was men who decided that Revelations should be in the bible to begin with. The bible didn't say what it was to contain, how could it? And you still have that little problem, no not little problem but huge problem, of the entire NT having been added to the OT. Thanks for playing though! :huggy:

I'm sorry but it's just becoming irritating explaining the bible to someone that refuses to spot her faults. Refer to the verses I posted after the one you just quoted and there again, it FURTHER explains how the bible is the one and only word of god

Ps: sarcasm in an argument doesn't help you be correct. It just make it look like you're out of factual ammunition so you have to move to something else.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Do I have a problem with Hail Mary,,, yes I do. She not deserving of praying to. Praying for? yes,, praying to? not according to the Bible.

Well if you have a problem with it, then you also have a problem with Lutherans and Anglicans who also pray to Mary. You should take up your torch of hatred toward them as well. Oh wait, didn't you say you were a Lutheran or at least lean that way? Surely not! :lmao:

Do I have a problem with Gabriel? Why yes I do, didn't the angle Gabriel have a problem with God letting humans into Heaven?
If Gabriel questioned God, is Gabriel someone we should not have a problem with?

Didn't you say in this thread that you were more versed in scripture than most? Surely you jest! I think I already asked you to do so and you apparently have not, but go read the first chapter of Luke. Your confusing Gabriel with Lucifer (Satan). That's darn near blasphemous! How can anyone take you seriously if you don't know the difference between GABRIEL and SATAN? :faint:

Dude, seriously, you need stop. Your looking like an idiot. Really.