Media Corruption

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Daily Caller provides a transcript of the exchange.

Stephanopoulos asked Trusty if he believes in the principle that “no person is above the law” before asking whether he agrees Trump should be charged.
“No person is below the law, that’s really the issue here,” Trusty said. “You’ve got these investigations in Delaware that are 1,000 times more serious by a sitting president who has authorized his DOJ [Department of Justice] to try to sink the candidacy of his prime opposition while that guy has unsecured documents that he stole out of a skiff dozens of years ago. Look, we’re not talking –”
“What are you talking about?” Stephanopoulos said. “What are you talking about? That is a ridiculous statement!”

Is Stephanopoulos drunk? Or does he really want us to believe that he’s not aware that it is Biden’s DOJ that is targeting Trump, his “prime opposition” in the 2024 election?

Trusty continued from there.

“There’s this issue – nice try. There’s an issue that anyone that reads any newspapers would agree is a parallel track, which is the Delaware document scandal of Joe Biden where there’s a special counsel, Rob Hur, that’s investigating it. You know that there were documents that were sensitive, that were marked classified, found in a garage near a Corvette, that made their way through Chinatown to the Penn Biden Center,” Trusty said. “There’s 1,850 boxes that have never been fully looked at at the University of Delaware.”

That’s correct. There are 1,850 boxes that have never even been fully examined sitting at the University of Delaware right now. Do they contain classified information? We don’t know because the DOJ hasn’t bothered to lift a finger to find out. When it’s a Republican, they are ready to raid to gather documents and information. When it’s a Democrat, what’s the rush?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nets Spend 291 Minutes On Trump Indictment, 0 Seconds On Biden Burisma Bribery

On Thursday June 8, two massive political stories broke, but ONLY one of them got covered by the broadcast networks.

On June 8, former President Donald Trump was indicted by the Special Counsel in the classified documents case. That very same day it was reported that President Joe Biden had allegedly received $5 million dollars from an executive of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, the same company in which his son Hunter was involved.

Guess which one was exhaustively covered and which one was completely covered up by the networks?

Over four days (June 8-June 12) the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) broadcast networks predictably crammed their evening, morning and Sunday roundtable shows with a total of 291 minutes of coverage dedicated to the Trump indictment.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But these days modern jesters prefer to caper about singing show-tunes at the Gridiron Dinner in Washington, where journalists greet men who wear sashes, and none of them take things seriously, except their own ambition. So why aren’t they singing “Banana Boat?”

Because they’re afraid. Oh they were excited and pleased that Democrat Biden, although doddering, and senile to the point of drooling in public, is still vicious enough to remake the United States as a Banana Republic.

Because it was Biden who ordered that his chief political rival–former Republican President Donald Trump–be criminally indicted in the hopes of removing him as a political candidate in the 2024 election. Isn’t that election interference? Isn’t that what third-world nations do to their politics?

And now that former President Donald Trump has been criminally indicted as Biden wanted, more news crashed against the calm demeanor of jesterdom: Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley said that the FBI source who reported President Biden’s alleged role in a multi-million dollar bribery plot is claiming to have 17 audio recordings of Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

The source kept the recordings for “insurance.”

And the jesters, including Biden himself, have retreated into stunned silence.

I’d rather think of Biden in a colorful Trinidad print, sipping a tropical drink, with his aviator shades, as a chorus of Democrat Congressmen join Establishment Republican Senators Mitch McConnel and Mitt Romney to sing the Harry Belafonte classic, “Mama Look at Boo Boo” about rude children mocking their father.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNN And MSNBC Spend 95% Of Tuesday On Trump

A study of the two networks from 5 AM to midnight Eastern found that 95.21 percent of their non-commercial air time was devoted this one issue. The two networks combined for 28 hours, 44 minutes, and 2 seconds of which 27 hours, 21 minutes, and 25 seconds was devoted to Trump or some aspect of the case.

As bad as those numbers are, they are much worse when looked at in an hourly breakdown. Starting in the 11 AM Eastern hour, 100 percent of CNN’s non-commercial time was spent on the case while MSNBC went exclusive at 10 AM.

The networks may defend themselves by saying the case is historic, but so is the ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive, but the war in Ukraine received a measly 4 minutes and 9 seconds on Tuesday. Other news like the I-95 collapse in Philadelphia received 9 minutes and 39 seconds while White House Pride guests getting banned from the White House for going topless got nothing.

stgislander

PREMO Member

EXCLUSIVE: Jordan Neely's uncle who called for no plea deal for Daniel Penny over subway chokehold death is ARRESTED in NYC 'after being caught with knife and several stolen credit cards'

• Jordan Neely's uncle Christopher Neely, 44, was arrested Monday after being caught with several allegedly stolen credit cards and a gravity knife
  • Police charged Neely with criminal possession of stolen property, resisting arrest, bail jumping and unlawful possession of a weapon
  • This came a day after he spoke out to say if Daniel Penny gets a plea deal, the former Marine may kill another young man on the subway
As expected, the NYC Grand Jury voted to indict. Criminally negligent homicide and second degree manslaughter.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member

StmarysCity79

As expected, the NYC Grand Jury voted to indict. Criminally negligent homicide and second degree manslaughter.

Good.

No one deserves to be choked to death.

Restrained until police arrive perhaps.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nearly 100% of Fact-Checkers’ Political Donations Go to Democrats

The analysis also found that the self-identified fact checkers contributed ten times more money to liberal Bernie Sanders than to all Republican politicians combined.

Since the 2016 election, Left-leaning outlets argue the need for fact-checkers has increased because former President Trump and other Republicans allegedly spew lies and disinformation.

How many times, however, have these fact checkers gotten things completely wrong while Republicans were ultimately proven right? COVID origins, the Russian collusion hoax, Hunter Biden's laptop from hell, and more. It's of little wonder, given the information found in the Free Beacon's report how fact checkers' mistaken rulings always seem to go in the same direction — following the same direction of fact checkers' political donations.

Even when fact checkers can't disprove a claim made by an outlet such as the Free Beacon, the self-appointed arbitors of truth take it upon themselves to issue a negative ruling:

When the Free Beacon reported that the Biden Administration sold one million Strategic Petroleum Reserve barrels to a Chinese state-controlled gas giant, the Washington Post acknowledged the accuracy of the sale. Still, it downplayed any potential concerns, asserting that there was "no reason for outrage" and assigning "Three Pinocchios" to those suggesting wrongdoing by the Biden administration.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Collins writes about reporting on the “Fear and panic and paranoia and lies and deceit that led to terror, death and the attempted disenfranchisement of American voters.” Wait a second? Who’s scaring and killing people and preventing them from voting? This is more melodramatic than anything that’s actually going on in America.

He writes about “hate,” which we all know is how the left views disagreement — even when the facts are on the side of those who disagree. You see, Collins, and by extension the people who gave him the award, think of those of us who believe that men are men and women are women, who want to protect life, and who value freedom of speech as people who are full of “hate.”

Not only that, but people who write and report the truth that bucks the left’s narrative are “manipulators.” Using biological facts, relying on centuries-old truth, and believing in the God of the Bible are all “propaganda.” In Collins’ eyes, it’s a battle, and the winners are the left-wing media machine.

“When media manipulators were met with a unified opposition armed with clear facts — when that unified opposition stood firmly alongside those who were constantly attacked by men with powerful and profitable propaganda machines — that opposition won,” he writes. “We won. The news won.”

At the end of his screed, Collins quotes Stonewall Jackson: “When the war comes, you must draw the sword and throw away the scabbard.” (No joke — he actually quoted a Confederate general, which goes to show that the left is totally down with the Rebs when their words fit the left’s rhetoric.) Collins then writes, “I’m confident I threw away my scabbard.”

Far-left “journalists” like Ben Collins have declared war on anyone who doesn’t fall in lockstep with the left’s narrative. But there’s good news! You can fight back by supporting outlets like PJ Media. We need your support now more than ever before.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Sunday Talks, Bill Barr Continues His Crusade Against Trump in Effort to Protect the Bush-Obama Surveillance State and DOJ-FBI Constructs

June 18, 2023 | Sundance | 146 Comments

Barr is advocating for a system of government that has institutional interests above the constitution. According to Bill Barr, the DOJ, FBI and US Intelligence Community control the Office of the President. Look at what he is saying. The bureaucracy of the administrative state is above the chief executive office holder. The intelligence community supersedes the President.

I’m not putting words in his mouth. Barr believes the President is a functionary of, and in a lesser position than, the unelected people who control institutions that make up the executive branch of government. THIS is what he believes. Get past the parseltongue and obtuse linguistics; this is Barr’s advocacy position.

Why? Why is he doing this? Does he really believe this? The answer is yes, and essentially what Bill Barr is doing is protecting the system that George W Bush, Dick Cheney and Barack Obama constructed and then used respectively. Barr is defending the surveillance state, the post-Patriot Act state of intelligence agency control over government.

Bill Barr is protecting the weaponized institutions of the Director of National Intelligence (Bush/Cheney), the Dept of Justice – National Security Division [DOJ-NSD (Obama/Holder)], the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA Court), and the Dept of Homeland Security (Bush/Cheney). These institutions, according to AG Bill Barr, are now in full control of the executive branch, full control of government, and now more powerful than the Office of the President of the United States.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How Major Media Outlets Suppressed My COVID Journalism

One of the reasons I unexpectedly found myself in the journalism industry was the real possibility of speaking truth to power, presenting radically novel perspectives, and challenging institutional orthodoxy.

My first major forays into the industry were on topics such as how my experiences with racism from childhood inform my view of race relations, how white guilt and identity politics corrupts our discourse, and how 2020 Black Lives Matter riots wreaked havoc in poor, minority communities.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F284d48ea-6927-42b3-b84b-474e6e33bb5b_2075x1682.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb8fbb2fe-5817-46f1-a04a-a1e8c2c493a8_1944x1494.png

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F91e71658-b3cd-4deb-b3f0-a92c5a94cc58_2070x1643.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F0f7d0471-b2ac-4b13-b1dc-5a98ee7b42b5_1979x1380.png

Foreign Policy Magazine (top-left), Maclean's Magazine (top-right), The New York Post (bottom-left), The Globe and Mail (bottom-right)

Pieces that I’m perhaps most proud of are the explosion of inner-city violence in Minneapolis in the aftermath of George Floyd and the new phenomenon of Asian women out-earning white men in the U.S.

My heterodoxy and unwavering commitment to the truth — whether that made me look right-wing, left-wing, or just an artsy weirdo (at times) — didn’t land me a weekly New York Times column, but it did grant me spots in a number of top liberal and conservative-leaning outlets, such as The New York Post, The Globe and Mail, Foreign Policy Magazine, The Grammys (yes, the music awards — their online vertical), and others.

Until it didn’t.

Having taken the heretical line on race, gender, policing, I thought I was immunized from editorial censorship. But, as the pandemic became increasingly politicized through 2021 and 2022 with the roll-out of vaccines and public mandates, our society seemed to plunge into further collective psychosis, as spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle has persipaciously observed.

For the first year-and-a-half of the pandemic, I didn’t take any public stance on what was a complex epidemiological issue requiring legitimate expertise to navigate. Besides, I was regularly writing about race, BLM, and policing in the summer of 2020. Then, in the summer of 2021 Justin Trudeau and provincial leaders announced vaccine mandates across the country. Suddenly, going to the gym, restaurants, and large gatherings was conditional on taking a novel mRNA vaccine for a virus that posed less than a 0.003% mortality risk for people my age.

I started to examine whether this was the right medical decision for my health. Upon close scrutiny of the best available data, I came away thinking it was not. I didn’t think the Covid vaccine would be an instant death sentence for me, but I didn’t see clear evidence of benefit for healthy people in their 20s. It also just happened to be the case that I fell in the very demographic that was most at-risk of developing a serious vaccine side effect — myocarditis or pericarditis (cardiac inflammation). Among the most rigorous, comprehensive data we have on vaccine myocarditis is from Dr. Katie Sharff who analyzed a database from Kaiser Permanente. She found a 1/1,862 rate of myocarditis after the second dose in young men ages 18 - 24. For boys ages 12 - 17, the rate was 1/2,650. Active surveillance monitoring in Hong Kong shows virtually identical figures.

Confused and looking for clarity, I reached out to Dr. Jay Bhattacharya — who was among the most sensible public health policy advocates throughout the pandemic — and he validated my serious concerns of vaccine safety and draconian public health policy more broadly.

Frustrated by the government coercing me into taking a medical procedure that was not in my best interest, I resolved to write about this injustice in the several outlets who had previously published my work.

Right away, I faced tremendous resistance of the kind that I never expected. The rejection I experienced when pitching a wide variety of pieces on Covid mandates — reported, opinionated, based on the views of credentialed scientific experts etc — was unprecedented. Even editors who I deemed as allies — publishing polarizing pieces such as the “fallacies of white privilege” or why Robin DiAngelo’s last popular racism guide-book promotes a “dehumanizing form of condescension towards racial minorities” — were averse to my work questioning scientifically dubious vaccine mandate policies on the grounds of bodily autonomy and medical freedom.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Editor at "Pro-Vaccine Publication" Experienced Serious Adverse Event After Second Pfizer Shot

Following up on my first story exposing the absurdly pro-pharmaceutical bias in corporate media, I am now sharing a (nearly) tragic incident that illustrates just how dangerous and irresponsible journalistic support of mRNA vaccines during the pandemic was.

As it turns out, I recently came into casual contact with an editor at one of these top American newspapers (who I will give the pseudonym “Ben” for privacy) who continually suppressed all my vaccine-myocarditis reporting because of their pro-vaccine position. For context, when I pitched one of their other editors, he responded with the following:

Rav, sorry but we’re not going to run any anti-vaccine pieces.
I think the risk is totally overblown and amplified by right-wing pundits who have no concern for public health. These are the safest vaccines we’ve ever had and virtually everyone seeks to benefit.

Off-record, I started chatting with Ben about how he diverged with his colleagues’ authoritarian pro-mandate positions:

My views differed a lot from the other editors there. They were all pro-vaccine passports. I remember being stunned when my colleagues said that these were the "safest and most effective vaccines we’ve ever seen.”

After some extended communication, he revealed to me how he had a terrifying experience after the second Pfizer vaccine shot:

About 7 hours after my 2nd shot I was in bed and started shaking. My heart began to pound. Then the shaking for worse and my heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to explode.
Every beat hurt. I continued shaking and heart pounding like that for hours. Hot and cold sweats.

None of this will come as a surprise to anyone who has tracked and reported on the vaccine-induced myocarditis issue. Ben predictably happens to be a young man — 32 years of age — in great shape who exercises regularly. Anyone who sees photos of him can tell he rarely skips gym day.

He further explained,

I would have gone to the hospital but I was honestly also delirious and wasn't in my right mind. It was extremely scary. Woke up and my heart was still noticeably racing, but not super bad. My entire body was sore and I could barely walk.

This lead to him to the following rational conclusion:

I decided that would be my last COVID shot.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

BBC Propaganda: Migrant Welcomed Into England, Learns What Racism Is

As I relay in my recently published memoir, Broken English Teacher: Notes From Exile, the menopausal banker-turned-headmistress at a Thai school where I once worked asked me to find a foreign English teacher. I asked her for more specifics in terms of qualifications, but she declined to provide them.

After receiving a deluge of emails from Filipinos, which were all rejected on the grounds that they were Filipinos, I finally got a response from a gentleman from Texas. He had all the right qualifications and then some, like a master’s degree and extensive experience teaching in Thailand.

Happy to have finally gotten a response from a native speaker with the credentials, I approached my boss with his profile and documents, which included a headshot (all schools in Asia generally require a headshot with any application).

“No blacks,” she said after glancing at the candidate for about a half of a second. This was in full view and earshot of several English-speaking Thai staff, none of whom even looked up for a moment from their work.

“He’ll scare the children,” she added, blissfully unaware that, had she done the same thing in the United States, she would have just subjected the school to a multi-million-dollar lawsuit.

That’s how things work outside of the West.