• yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMDad

Lem Putt
Yeah, but I think what mmdad is trying to say is that typically when a guy taps a chick that he knows is married... odds are he isn't in it for the long haul... :shrug:
That's part of it.

indeed. Could very well be. considering he is a stereotypical black guy and all. :killingme
Race has nothing to do with it. I know that I could never be serious with a woman I couldn't trust. I was seeing a married woman 23 years ago, and I had to stop when I realized that if she'd cheat with me, why wouldn't she cheat on me?

Men use one type of woman, and they stick with and marry another type. I'm not calling you any names, but you might want to consider the image you project if you want a man to respect you.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
That's part of it.

Race has nothing to do with it. I know that I could never be serious with a woman I couldn't trust. I was seeing a married woman 23 years ago, and I had to stop when I realized that if she'd cheat with me, why wouldn't she cheat on me?

Men use one type of woman, and they stick with and marry another type. I'm not calling you any names, but you might want to consider the image you project if you want a man to respect you.

I don't know that it's so much what "type" of woman you are as much it self confidence and what you are and are not willing to accept. Let's face it, by the standards of most I have loose morals (to put it lightly) but I have never had a problem landing and keeping a man. The key isn't the type of woman I am because when it comes down to it I'm actually many "types" rolled into one. The less someone is willing to accept the less they will likely get (and I'm talking totally behavior wise not money or anything else). The more crap we are willing to put up with the more we will get. If we genuinely respect ourselves and refuse to settle for poor behavior than we will eventually get that. At Nit's age she's looking for instant gratification and she's not going to find it.

N

nitwhit3286

I don't know that it's so much what "type" of woman you are as much it self confidence and what you are and are not willing to accept. Let's face it, by the standards of most I have loose morals (to put it lightly) but I have never had a problem landing and keeping a man. The key isn't the type of woman I am because when it comes down to it I'm actually many "types" rolled into one. The less someone is willing to accept the less they will likely get (and I'm talking totally behavior wise not money or anything else). The more crap we are willing to put up with the more we will get. If we genuinely respect ourselves and refuse to settle for poor behavior than we will eventually get that. At Nit's age she's looking for instant gratification and she's not going to find it.

not going to find that instant gratification? Maybe when I got and sit on santa's lap I will tell him thats what I want for christmas. :)

N

nitwhit3286

You're right, "type" was the wrong way to say it. But it is most definitely the image a person projects.

I'm a good person.....what i have done in the past.. not so good, but we are looking at morals here. Just because you make mistakes, doesn't make you a bad person. Then again you really haven't met me, so determining what kind of person I am would be prejudgemental.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
not going to find that instant gratification? Maybe when I got and sit on santa's lap I will tell him thats what I want for christmas. :)

I remember being your age with a babe and single. Poor B never lasted more than a couple months without getting his walking papers because he did something to piss me off. I wanted my way and I wanted it right then. I was 22 and he 23 and I really thought that he was just going to wake up one day and realize I was right about everything. :killingme

Then again you really haven't met me, so determining what kind of person I am would be prejudgemental.
Nit, you are totally missing his point. People ARE judgemental. It's human nature. He's trying to point out that how you chose to present yourself will be taken into account as an immediate opinion is formed about you by each and every person you come in contact with and that formed opinion will have a play in how people treat you.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I'm a good person.....what i have done in the past.. not so good, but we are looking at morals here. Just because you make mistakes, doesn't make you a bad person. Then again you really haven't met me, so determining what kind of person I am would be prejudgemental.

No honey, you're just scratching the surface. No one is saying you're a bad person. Hell, that's totally subjective anyway. It doesn't matter what you've done wrong it's how you feel about yourself and portray yourself. It's about bite not bark. You can say all day that you're the most confident person in the world but if you continuously allow yourself to be treated poorly than you're showing that you're all bark and no bite. I was famous for doing this with my ex husband and B. Leave because they'd done something foolish but take them back as soon as they came around kissing my ass and giving me the behavior I was initially looking for. It was always very short lived though because they knew from experience that no matter what they did I'd take them back. It's your self image we're referring to.

I avoid confrontation. I don't like it and never have. The DH is way more confrontational than I am. He has no issue asking what a person's problem is or saying what's on his mind.
But that's just one of the many examples where we balance each other.