Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
I think Miss Phoenix is losing her fear of the boys.

I got a screen shot of her going up to the doorway and doing the sideways, crablike stance with the arched back that say:' I'm a Big, Bad Kitty."

Louise

PREMO Member
I think Miss Phoenix is losing her fear of the boys.

I got a screen shot of her going up to the doorway and doing the sideways, crablike stance with the arched back that say:' I'm a Big, Bad Kitty."
I have always loved when my cats have done the sideways dance. So cute. They have become domestic, but their wild side shows through. Cats are awesome.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
Reinforced the door to Fort Fenix some more.

Cooper popped the seam at the bottom of the screen again, had reinforced the sides and bottom corners.
Fortunately the gap was too small for him or Buff to get in the room. The previous picture with Buff laying outside and Phoenix sitting pretty was several hours before the persistent little bugger popped the spline.

I mounted a length of 1 x 4 by the door trim to hang it a few weeks ago.

The longer vertical pieces are the reinforcement I did 2 weeks ago when Cooper popped the bottom open enough so he did get in the room with Phoenix. Fortunately was upstairs and shooed him out before it got to more than her yowling and him mewing and trying to make friends.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
Yuge Fenix Nooz!!!

I have a 2nd screen, a little down the hall. Used it to isolate the boys upstairs when we were gone for more than a day. Old Miss Teia had the rest of the house. Our neighbor cares for them when we are gone.

I've been shutting that screen and opening the one on the nursery. She's come close a few times, BUT this morning, a little after 10...

She spent the better part of 2 minutes out of her safe zone, spooked when she found the boys' food and water station across the hall. She ran back in before I could get a photo of her there.

Yeah, I know, carpet looks unloved...QBH builder's grade, and not the best installation I've seen. Will live with it (yes, I do vacuum 😸 , even have one of those rubber carpet rakes) until we get the house ready to sell when my wife decides when she's going to retire, and where.