Motorcycle Accident

tommygun722

Sorry for any wrong I have said. I let my emotions get the best of me. I hope and pray for all families. Genes, his wives and the girl he was seeing.

tommygun722

You know Tommy gun... If you don't want to hear what people have to say then don't post. There are people on here who will take you to task if they disagree with your post. If it is too personal for you than don't read the responses.

Thank you! I need to stay out of this, I got caught up and wish I didn't. Sorry for your loss.

BlueBird96

Mind if I ask what you did in the AF?

Our family was Airforce. They were crew chiefs together, before he changed fields. From Basic where I met Gene(Summer of 1996)...to tech school, to Scott, then to Japan...back to the states....our kids grew up together. Just knowing Gene, it is hard to imagine him gone...not like this...

Why?

Last edited:

BlueBird96

MMDAD: No doubt, I should have knocked him out, took the keys to his bike, drove over to his house and torched the bike. That would put me in jail and I don't want that to happen because I have three daughters and two granddaughters to tend to.

Would you like to open your mouth about my daughters and granddaughters? Please do so you make it very clear that you are a lonely man with a small pecker.

I know how you feel. Shoulda, coulda, woulda....you would have had to knock him out! That was Gene, since you know him you know, what ever he was going to do he was going to do. Stubborn, and determined.

I have put the fear of God into our three daughters even as young as they are....they know, especially after this. It will not be pretty if they get onto a motorcycle..EVER!

Lilypad

I saw in the Baynet this morning that the victims have been identified. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families. So sad.

Riders Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Calvert - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Amanda Marie Lorenzo, 28, of Ashburn, Va., formerly of Chesterfield Township, died Saturday, April 19, 2008, in Lusby, Md. She was born March 7, 1980, in Mount Clemens, MI.

Mrs. Lorenzo had resided at her present address for the past 10 months and had been working as a teacher in Ashburn. She earned a bachelor of science degree at Wayne State University.

She was a member of Christ the Redeemer Church in Sterling, Va., and a former member of St. Peter Catholic Church in Mount Clemens. She was active in the P.T.A. and served as a teacher's liaison. She enjoyed camping and traveling.

Mrs. Lorenzo is survived by her children, Kayla and Bianca; parents, Mickey and Julie (Charbeneau) Baron of Chesterfield Township; grandparents, Neil and Carolyn Charbeneau of Macomb Township, and Claudette Baron of Chesterfield Township; siblings, Nicholas (fiancee Wendy Murray) Baron, Nathan (Amanda) Baron and Valerie (Brandon) DeBruyne; nieces and nephews, Molly Baron, Mayleigh DeBruyne, Leo DeBruyne and Ella Baron; and former husband, Rafael Lorenzo. She was predeceased by her grandfather, Richard Baron.

Amanda M. Lorenzo taught third grade at Potowmack Elementary School in Sterling. This was her first year teaching in Loudoun, according to LCPS spokesman Wayde Byard. Grief counselors visited the school last Monday, he said. Students and parents are understandably shaken by Lorenzo’s untimely death.

Before being tapped as principal of the new Steuart Weller Elementary that will be opening this fall, Janet A. Radcliffe was the principal of Potowmack Elementary. She hired Lorenzo, who had moved here from Michigan.

In an e-mail, Radcliffe described Lorenzo:

“I hired Amanda and this was her first year in the classroom. She put herself through college and was absolutely thrilled to be in her new classroom. Amanda was an amazing teacher who took the time to get to know her students really well. Whenever I observed her teaching it was evident that she put a great deal of thought and care into her planning as she worked to help each student meet with success. She always told me how happy she was in Virginia and how much she loved her new job. Whenever she was with her own girls she was the picture of a loving mother.”

Macomb Daily : Amanda M. Lorenzo 04/24/08

Last edited:

BlueBird96

I agree, and I'm not saying the driver (my co-worker) wasn't at fault, I know he was, I know him, he was pushing it to the limits ... I don't like the idea that there isn't any check points for people buying bikes that go faster then Nascar cars, I tried to go over board with midgets being allowed to by BUSA's ... didn't make my point, maybe you all can. Love freedom, bikes are awesome, but driving something that breaks 200 should require some sort of proof of talent. Not just for the rider, but for all of us.

I am in complete agreement, there are different bike levels. If only he really did know how powerful the bike was. I have learned a great deal from Gene. My husband has been talking about getting a low key bike because of gas prices. I dont think we will be worried about that...I see Toyota Corolla in the works...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Our family was Airforce. They were crew chiefs together, before he changed fields. From Basic where I met Gene(Summer of 1996)...to tech school, to Scott, then to Japan...back to the states....our kids grew up together. Just knowing Gene, it is hard to imagine him gone...not like this...

Why?

Gene and I had the same AFSC: Tech Control. I was his surpervisor for a short time at his last assignment and worked with him beyond that for about 2 more years after I retired. Just wondering if you were a Tech Controller.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I am in complete agreement, there are different bike levels. If only he really did know how powerful the bike was. I have learned a great deal from Gene. My husband has been talking about getting a low key bike because of gas prices. I don't think we will be worried about that...I see Toyota Corolla in the works...

1. I'm very sorry this man made the decision to start riding bikes with one of the most powerful made and that it cost him and his companion's life.

2. Your husband's thought of getting a bike to ease the gas cost is an excellent idea. He should take the course at the community college. They provide a bike and if you pass you can get the "M" endorsement on your license.
I would highly recommend a scooter for folks that are only interested in commuting. The have good weather protection, automatic trans. and plenty of storage. A 250-400cc scooter will run at 235 traffic speeds and get 50+ mpg.

I know people that have died in cars, yet I still drive.
I know people that have drowned, yet I still swim.
I know people that have died in plane crashes, yet I still fly
I know people that have gotten food poisoning, yet I still eat.
What's different about a motorcycle?

Number_9

Very True. :yay:
Since eating trees is very unhealthy unless you're a beaver, I try to limit my velocity to double digits.

It's like the situation where you drop a bullet and fire one from a gun. IF you could find a place that was flat enough, they would hit the ground at the same time since the effect of gravity is identical on both bullets.

You ain't no Albert Einstein Tin Foil:killingme And in case you're Joe Theisman, you ain't no Norman Einstein either.:killingme

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yeah, but the big difference is that there aren't many places around here that you can slide 100yds without smacking something.

There also aren't many (read ANY) places where you should be doing 200 MPH either.

I saw a bike accident in PF, Van pulls out of Wal mart and goes right for the left lane in front of two bikes. First makes it by, second one gets clipped by the front bumper, bike and rider go down. Bike and rider slide across the meridian, and opposing lanes of traffic (luck has it no oncoming traffic), bike ends up in the woods, rider ends up in the ditch on the far side of the road.

Driver not totally ATGATT, but enough to save his life. Full Face helmet, armored leather jacket, boots and jeans. he slid/ tumbled a LONG way (and no he wasn't going the speed limit). The ONLY thing that saved his life was the way he was dressed.

MMDad

Lem Putt
:shrug: If you increase the number of riders, I would expect the number of accidents to increase.
Motorcycle training courses are NOT the same as the candy assed drivers ed required by the state for new car drivers.

They are increasing in frequency, and percentage of drivers killed, but that is consistent with increased ridership.

The fatalities/mileage numbers are what concern me because that shows that you are far more likely to be killed on a bike.

I'm not saying people shouldn't ride, but it is very important to understand the risk. It makes you a safer rider if you know that a mistake can kill you.

T

toppick08

:shrug: If you increase the number of riders, I would expect the number of accidents to increase.
Motorcycle training courses are NOT the same as the candy assed drivers ed required by the state for new car drivers.

:yay:

Number_9

What about OLD car drivers?:killingme SN foil