MVA Real ID License Renewal

officeguy

They could always add a voter registration designation on the license. Something a non-citizen wouldn't be able to get. They've already done that for Veterans. I showed my DD-214 at the MVA and now my license shows that I'm a Veteran.

That would defeat the purpose......

frequentflier

happy to be living
Went last Weds afternoon; had my new license in mail this morning (Monday). I am not easily impressed but may consider being impressed with how quick this was.

Last edited:

officeguy

There are some people who expect the MVA to come to them.

My wife went last week. She still had the previous version. Looked up the documents she needed online and made an appointment. As her schedule changed, she showed up an hour before the scheduled time but the folks at the Loveville office got her taken care of in 30min. New license arrived 3 days later.

You can disagree about the need for RealID and the mess created between MDOT and the feds, but the actual act of upgrading DLs at this point has been executed well.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My wife went last week. She still had the previous version. Looked up the documents she needed online and made an appointment. As her schedule changed, she showed up an hour before the scheduled time but the folks at the Loveville office got her taken care of in 30min. New license arrived 3 days later.

You can disagree about the need for RealID and the mess created between MDOT and the feds, but the actual act of upgrading DLs at this point has been executed well.

I don't disagree about the need for RealID but the mess between MDOT and the feds was created by the Feds. I also feel that MDOT has been handling that mess very well. The only people I've heard complaints from are those who didn't follow the directions given by the MVA.

I don't disagree about the need for RealID but the mess between MDOT and the feds was created by the Feds. I also feel that MDOT has been handling that mess very well. The only people I've heard complaints from are those who didn't follow the directions given by the MVA.
I recall reading that PA was declared 100% compliment months ago. That makes me believe MD dropped the ball somehow.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I recall reading that PA was declared 100% compliment months ago. That makes me believe MD dropped the ball somehow.

MD didn't drop the ball. MD was in compliance in 2012. PA wasn't. Then the Feds changed the requirements and MD was stuck with having to have people come back in with additional docs. PA's initial compliance wasn't until after the Feds changed the requirements.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I don't see what all the big fuss is. I'm still using the old school licence without an problems. I'm glad I never updated to that new crab licence.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't see what all the big fuss is. I'm still using the old school licence without an problems. I'm glad I never updated to that new crab licence.

Well, if you try to fly after Oct 1, 2020 with your existing license, it won't work. If you have a passport, you're covered.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Well, if you try to fly after Oct 1, 2020 with your existing license, it won't work. If you have a passport, you're covered.
He does not fly, he drives his Prius wherever he needs to go.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

My licence expires in September 2020. I'm sure all the bugs will be worked out of the system by then.