My blind boxer girl

Roman

Do they make doggie pampers for 50 lb dogs????
You could try the small Depends. Maybe that will work. You'd have to cut a hole in them for her little nub. But there are also doggie-diapers. I would think the ones for dogs would probably be more expensive.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You could try the small Depends. Maybe that will work. You'd have to cut a hole in them for her little nub. But there are also doggie-diapers. I would think the ones for dogs would probably be more expensive.

There are doggy diapers but I agree with you- they will probably be more expensive. Try some modified Depends first, KDENISE!

KDENISE977

This is an idea, I actually have overnight "diapers" I bought for my kid that I didn't realize were actually the diapers with the sticky tabs. Someone actually told me to try the diaper with a onsie, to actually reinforce the diaper part stays on !!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga

...But probably a lot cheaper than new carpeting and a mattress! :jameo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
This is an idea, I actually have overnight "diapers" I bought for my kid that I didn't realize were actually the diapers with the sticky tabs. Someone actually told me to try the diaper with a onsie, to actually reinforce the diaper part stays on !!!

:yay::yay:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I would worry about the amount of urine and it sitting close to the skin like that... urine burn and then you will be fighting a skin infection that will happen very fast as her system is compromised and unable to heal fast.

I would try getting a baby mattress (or 2) and start having her sleep on that... maybe a baby gate around it by your bed so she will be safe

KDENISE977

I would worry about the amount of urine and it sitting close to the skin like that... urine burn and then you will be fighting a skin infection that will happen very fast as her system is compromised and unable to heal fast.

I would try getting a baby mattress (or 2) and start having her sleep on that... maybe a baby gate around it by your bed so she will be safe

Do you think urine burn will happen if she's only got it on overnight? She'll be at the treatment facility all day until almost 5??

Roman

Do you think urine burn will happen if she's only got it on overnight? She'll be at the treatment facility all day until almost 5??
If you go with the baby mattess route, check with your local thrift stores first. I've seen them at SMILE, and at The SPOT before. When my daughter was a baby,(1979) they had these rubber pants lined with a very thick terry cloth. You could check for those at Walmart. For extra absorbtion add a maxi pad to it. ICit is right though, but it's not like Molly would be in a wet diaper for many hours.

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

is she staying overnight at the vet? If so... do they have 24 hour care - if so then no worries there... they will take her out a lot.

if at your house... yes it doesn't take much for urine burn to happen. (and if its in a diaper its still sitting on the skin)

KDENISE977

is she staying overnight at the vet? If so... do they have 24 hour care - if so then no worries there... they will take her out a lot. if at your house... yes it doesn't take much for urine burn to happen. (and if its in a diaper its still sitting on the skin)

No she's coming home every night. No overnights

KDENISE977

Email from the rad. Tech.

Hi there! I am one of Dr. Gordon's radiation therapy techncians, and I wanted to just touch base with you about Molly.

First, she is such a sweetheart! She is so good when she is here with us, and loves to lay on her cushy bed, with the T-shirt tucked under her front legs ;)

She did great for her first treatment today, woke quietly, and really enjoyed her lunch.
We started her on the steroid (prednisone), which you will be giving her one tablet by mouth twice daily. We kept some of the pills, and will give her morning dose when we feed her in the morning right after radiation. She will start that medication with her dinner tonight. Prednisone is a steroid, so most pets drink more, urinate more, and are more hungry with this medication, but it is important for brain tumor patients to take this medication as an antiinflammatory. Let us know if the side effects are "too much", and we will see about trying to moderate her dose a bit.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer, or if there is anything that I can help you with as Molly and the family walk through this process. We are looking forward to treating your sweet girl and seeing her daily through the next several weeks!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Email from the rad. Tech.

Hi there! I am one of Dr. Gordon's radiation therapy techncians, and I wanted to just touch base with you about Molly.

First, she is such a sweetheart! She is so good when she is here with us, and loves to lay on her cushy bed, with the T-shirt tucked under her front legs ;)

She did great for her first treatment today, woke quietly, and really enjoyed her lunch.
We started her on the steroid (prednisone), which you will be giving her one tablet by mouth twice daily. We kept some of the pills, and will give her morning dose when we feed her in the morning right after radiation. She will start that medication with her dinner tonight. Prednisone is a steroid, so most pets drink more, urinate more, and are more hungry with this medication, but it is important for brain tumor patients to take this medication as an antiinflammatory. Let us know if the side effects are "too much", and we will see about trying to moderate her dose a bit.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer, or if there is anything that I can help you with as Molly and the family walk through this process. We are looking forward to treating your sweet girl and seeing her daily through the next several weeks!

they sound amazing!!!!

KDENISE977

Attachments

• image-1896687544.jpg
    image-1896687544.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 233

PeoplesElbow

I haven't been following your thread for about 6 weeks or so, I am so sorry your beautiful doggie is sick. Hang in there, sounds like she is in great hands and you give her plenty of love.