My blind boxer girl

KDENISE977

I haven't been following your thread for about 6 weeks or so, I am so sorry your beautiful doggie is sick. Hang in there, sounds like she is in great hands and you give her plenty of love.

Thank you !! They are fabulous with her at the treatment center !!!!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
She is a beautiful dog. I am really keeping my fingers crossed in all of this. Molly is very lucky to have such a caring and loving family.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Email from the rad. Tech.

Hi there! I am one of Dr. Gordon's radiation therapy techncians, and I wanted to just touch base with you about Molly.

First, she is such a sweetheart! She is so good when she is here with us, and loves to lay on her cushy bed, with the T-shirt tucked under her front legs ;)

She did great for her first treatment today, woke quietly, and really enjoyed her lunch.
We started her on the steroid (prednisone), which you will be giving her one tablet by mouth twice daily. We kept some of the pills, and will give her morning dose when we feed her in the morning right after radiation. She will start that medication with her dinner tonight. Prednisone is a steroid, so most pets drink more, urinate more, and are more hungry with this medication, but it is important for brain tumor patients to take this medication as an antiinflammatory. Let us know if the side effects are "too much", and we will see about trying to moderate her dose a bit.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer, or if there is anything that I can help you with as Molly and the family walk through this process. We are looking forward to treating your sweet girl and seeing her daily through the next several weeks!

Sounds like a great place. I "liked" their FB page just in case I ever need something like this for a pet. Molly's picture is at the top of their Newsfeed.

You could try the small Depends. Maybe that will work. You'd have to cut a hole in them for her little nub. But there are also doggie-diapers. I would think the ones for dogs would probably be more expensive.

We did this when our dog was incontinent. Worked well. We made a little velcro harness to help keep it in place.

KDENISE977

3 days down, I can't TELL you how much I'm looking forward to sleeping in Saturday (up at 4 a.m. everyday to get her loaded up, 4 year olds birthday party to plan, full time job, renovations being done on the house, ) it's all wearing on me :ohwell: More important, Molly is doing well, the radiation is starting to take it's toll on her as they told us it would, she's getting more lethargic and just wanting to sleep, which is FINE with me. She's on Pepcid for the belly. Today was another day they weren't busy at the treatment center and they didn't bother to even put her in her house and let her at the nurses station on her nice cushy sheepskin blanket to snooze on. :yay:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
3 days down, I can't TELL you how much I'm looking forward to sleeping in Saturday (up at 4 a.m. everyday to get her loaded up, 4 year olds birthday party to plan, full time job, renovations being done on the house, ) it's all wearing on me :ohwell: More important, Molly is doing well, the radiation is starting to take it's toll on her as they told us it would, she's getting more lethargic and just wanting to sleep, which is FINE with me. She's on Pepcid for the belly. Today was another day they weren't busy at the treatment center and they didn't bother to even put her in her house and let her at the nurses station on her nice cushy sheepskin blanket to snooze on. :yay:

:yay: :huggy:

Roman

I had radiation 19 years ago today for cancer in my head. It took a toll on me, and I also believe radiation is somewhat harder than chemo. Hugs and kisses to Molly. I know what she's going through.

luvmygdaughters

Sounds like Molly is getting the care she needs and what a relief that has to be for you. Hope all works out well for your family, four-legged and two legged!!

KDENISE977

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• image-2073947004.jpg
    image-2073947004.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 227

Roman

I know. They seem so great. I've not seen another dog I their FB page this much :lmao: They clearly can't capture her butt wiggle in this picture
My deaf Boston throws her back legs out to the side when she does the wiggle. Her tail was amputated right up to the body. She's got nothing to wag with. Her Doctor is surprised she doesn't have neurological problems because of it, and says as she ages, she might have issues.

KDENISE977

My deaf Boston throws her back legs out to the side when she does the wiggle. Her tail was amputated right up to the body. She's got nothing to wag with. Her Doctor is surprised she doesn't have neurological problems because of it, and says as she ages, she might have issues.
Awe boo. I hope you pup is okay !!! My dogs could power a city with the butt wags !!

Last edited:

KDENISE977

Just an update, we're still at it. She's growing more and more tired and has a hard time staying awake on the ride home even buckled in upright. All I want to do when she gets home is feed her and put her to bed like a baby :lol: Remi is getting FAT not running even though I try to make him stay outside as long as I can, he doesn't understand what's going on, only that she's not around all day and isn't running around the yard like crazed demons anymore :ohwell:

Roman

How is Molly doing now? Is this her last week for treatments? Just wondering if they've done some imaging on her to see if the tumor has shrunk.

KDENISE977

How is Molly doing now? Is this her last week for treatments? Just wondering if they've done some imaging on her to see if the tumor has shrunk.

She is doing well. Today she actually has two treatments so I'm hoping it all goes okay. No imaging yet. I actually think that's the last thing they do. She actually ran out the door to get outside this morning so my husband seems to think maybe that's a sign she may actually be seeing something :shrug:

luvmygdaughters

She is doing well. Today she actually has two treatments so I'm hoping it all goes okay. No imaging yet. I actually think that's the last thing they do. She actually ran out the door to get outside this morning so my husband seems to think maybe that's a sign she may actually be seeing something :shrug:

That sounds like a good sign!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I am really trying NOT to get my hopes up.

I was on their facebook page yesterday and they have pictures of another dog who must be staying AT their facility for the entire treatment :faint: Made our treatments not seem so bad.

I saw that too. Got a "goodie box" from home. Maybe his owners aren't able to drive up there daily and it's easier to just leave him in safe hands.