My blind boxer girl

Roman

Dexamethazone was used for brain cancers in humans, that help shrink the tumors. When does Molly start with treatment? My fingers are crossed for her.:huggy:

KDENISE977

I'm fully aware people think I'm crazy to spend that much on a dog/animal, but my husband is refusing to give up and said he couldn't help Chloe,(our other boxer who passed away from spinal chord cancer 4 years ago) but I can help Molly. And, I can't argue with him.

He will have to take her with him to work in VA everyday for 3 weeks and drop her off and in the a.m. and go to work and pick her up after and bring her home. Oncologist said they'll make sure they keep her comfortable and give her meds if she feels sick or uncomfortable.

Treatment will start soon, I'm not sure the date

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm fully aware people think I'm crazy to spend that much on a dog/animal, but my husband is refusing to give up and said he couldn't help Chloe,(our other boxer who passed away from spinal chord cancer 4 years ago) but I can help Molly. And, I can't argue with him.

He will have to take her with him to work in VA everyday for 3 weeks and drop her off and in the a.m. and go to work and pick her up after and bring her home. Oncologist said they'll make sure they keep her comfortable and give her meds if she feels sick or uncomfortable.

:yay:

Roman

KD, who cares what people think? I spent almost a thousand dollars on an Iguana that I rescued, and have spent much more than that on critters I've had in the past. You love your dog, and she is family to you. It's not like you're taking food out of your child's mouth. Do what you have to do. I personally admire you and your husband for going the extra mile for Molly.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
THATS RIGHT!!!
:high5:

or.. you are not just pushing her off on someone else because you don't want to deal with the issue at hand :coffee:

luvmygdaughters

This is not crazy. THis is love and loyalty. What's crazy is having a dog for 10 plus years and then trying to get rid of it cause "You don't have the time for it" or because you've become allergic or what ever other reason there is. I wouldn't give a rats a$$ what other people think. Take care of your girl and do what you have to do. Be fortunate that you and your husband are in a place that allows you to do this. Again...Good luck and prayers to all of you.

KDENISE977

This is not crazy. THis is love and loyalty. What's crazy is having a dog for 10 plus years and then trying to get rid of it cause "You don't have the time for it" or because you've become allergic or what ever other reason there is. I wouldn't give a rats a$$ what other people think. Take care of your girl and do what you have to do. Be fortunate that you and your husband are in a place that allows you to do this. Again...Good luck and prayers to all of you.

Thank you, and again, I am very thankful and it's NOT like we have $8k laying around, but like I told my husband...I feel like if we have any means to do it, how can we NOT do it. When the oncologist said she'd probably have 1-3 months if we opted not to do it, all of our discussions we had before about not spending that much money pretty much went out the window :lol: She's 4, not 8 or 9. So thanks to you and everyone for your support and kind words.

I'll keep you all posted. !!!

:huggy: to everyone !!

mamatutu

mama to two
Thank you, and again, I am very thankful and it's NOT like we have $8k laying around, but like I told my husband...I feel like if we have any means to do it, how can we NOT do it. When the oncologist said she'd probably have 1-3 months if we opted not to do it, all of our discussions we had before about not spending that much money pretty much went out the window :lol: She's 4, not 8 or 9. So thanks to you and everyone for your support and kind words.

I'll keep you all posted. !!!

:huggy: to everyone !!

I have said before how much it shows that you love your dog. We had the option of amputation or chemo, and were told that amputation would have the best result. Obviously, you don't have that option. With my cat, it was his leg and with your dog, it is her head. I just want to say that we were told if we chose radiation, the poop could be harmful to our other cat, so we would have to have separate cat boxes in different rooms. Have you been told that the radiation poop could harm your other furry friend? Just putting it out there. I wish Molly the best.

KDENISE977

Omg. Turns out you are right. How the heck am I supposed to keep her urine and poop away from Remi? She steps outside and starts to pee ?????? Ughhhh.

mamatutu

mama to two
Omg. Turns out you are right. How the heck am I supposed to keep her urine and poop away from Remi? She steps outside and starts to pee ?????? Ughhhh.

Can you take your dogs out in separate areas of the yard? I am sorry you have to go through this. It is not fair, considering your story about Chloe. My vet said to me that it was just bad luck when we lost Sox so soon after Tommy, which we didn't even see that coming. There is no question you have done all you can. Hang in there, KD.

KDENISE977

Update: So the radiation tech finally got back to us on the dangers of radiation to other animals and humans and turns out it's not dangerous at all anymore. I'm not sure why the person I called on Sunday told me that it was dangerous, she said nothing will be affected except maybe some of her hair at the point of radiation(the back of her head/top of her neck) and some lethargy, that's it. We are scheduling the radiation to start ASAP now. Hopefully Monday assuming we have all the meds and harness for the car on hand. Fingers crossed !!

Roman

Fingers crossed!
Update: So the radiation tech finally got back to us on the dangers of radiation to other animals and humans and turns out it's not dangerous at all anymore. I'm not sure why the person I called on Sunday told me that it was dangerous, she said nothing will be affected except maybe some of her hair at the point of radiation(the back of her head/top of her neck) and some lethargy, that's it. We are scheduling the radiation to start ASAP now. Hopefully Monday assuming we have all the meds and harness for the car on hand. Fingers crossed !!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

Chemo drugs are dangerous.

hugs.... keep us posted... message me if you need anything

KDENISE977

Chemo drugs are dangerous.

hugs.... keep us posted... message me if you need anything

Well the party begins next Thursday with a full day of fun. Cardiovascular examination, blood work, chest e-rays and CT scan along with additional diagnostic work. So a full day at the vet before the radiation can begin :rolleyes: BUT, she's still in great spirits and mood !!! I've read some dogs get depressed during initial blindness, she's pretty much fine and happy with the exception with the run in with the bug zapper. (was left on accidentally and scared the SH*t out of her)

:yay: away we go

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Well the party begins next Thursday with a full day of fun. Cardiovascular examination, blood work, chest e-rays and CT scan along with additional diagnostic work. So a full day at the vet before the radiation can begin :rolleyes: BUT, she's still in great spirits and mood !!! I've read some dogs get depressed during initial blindness, she's pretty much fine and happy with the exception with the run in with the bug zapper. (was left on accidentally and scared the SH*t out of her)

:yay: away we go

:yay: :huggy:

KDENISE977

She's becoming quite a diva

Attachments

• image-3043857108.jpg
    image-3043857108.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

KDENISE977

Okay on the eve of my little girls first step in her journey to wellness

Attachments