My daughter has joined the club...

camily

Peace
I can only speak for my non-menopausal self but if I were Cam's daughter I'd be appalled that my mom said this in public to strangers. Sure, let me tell family members and friends of my choosing but to announce it to the public? I think I'd have to commit matricide. JMO.

But hey, Camily knows her daughter better than anyone else and she's the parent, so... :shrug:

Besides, you can't go posting anything in these forums and not get some kind of criticism now can you? :lol:

Like I said, she doesn't read the forums, neither do her friends. Anyway, she is very proud of it and now considers herself grown. We are very open in this family and this is just a part of life. Why should it be taboo?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Like I said, she doesn't read the forums, neither do her friends. Anyway, she is very proud of it and now considers herself grown. We are very open in this family and this is just a part of life. Why should it be taboo?

Camily, we don't think it's taboo at all, some of us just find it unusual that you shared it with the general public.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Dear Pixie, please point me to the post where I discussed my daughters personal affairs or bodily functions.

It was a joke. Christ. Personally, I would NOT have posted such myself but I'm not Camily either. I see a lot of people post crap that I wouldn't post but that's the nature of a public forum. Different strokes for different folks. Some people are bigger prudes than others when it comes to things of a personal nature. Myself very much included. I don't go pee in my own house with the door open but that's just me. I know females that will let one rip with no shame in a room full of people. I'd rather crawl under a rock and die.

Radiant1

Soul Probe

Ok, that's fine, I can understand that. It's life, it's natural, it's normal. But yet you sy you wouldn't openly talk about your son's nocturnal emissions (if and when they are to occur). Why the double standard? Just curious.

camily

Peace
Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand what compelled you to post about your daughters personal stuff...that's all. If you think questioning your motives is being rude, then perhaps you should consider that when you post something personal. :shrug:

There was no motive. I was just sharing because it's a big moment for me as a mom as well as a big moment for her as a partially grown girl. It makes you think when you daughter starts and about hoiw life is changing for your daughter. It was a special day and I was just sharing. :shrug:

camily

Peace
Ok, that's fine, I can understand that. It's life, it's natural, it's normal. But yet you sy you wouldn't openly talk about your son's nocturnal emissions (if and when they are to occur). Why the double standard? Just curious.

I guess because I'm a girl and can relate to the significance it carries for women/girls. I can't relate a first wet dream. That's why I posted it in the Ladies Room. It meant something to me as well as to her.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We are very open in this family and this is just a part of life. Why should it be taboo?
Being open in your family is great, but not everyone is as open as you are, apparently.

And I don't think it's an issue of it being taboo or not taboo. I think it's more of an issue of appropriate versus of inappropriate conversation.

I'd be mortified, absolutely mortified, if my mom mentioned my new status to her friends, whether it be in person or on-line. But that's just me.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I guess because I'm a girl and can relate to the significance it carries for women/girls. I can't relate a first wet dream. That's why I posted it in the Ladies Room. It meant something to me as well as to her.

Fair 'nuff. :huggy:

camily

Peace
Being open in your family is great, but not everyone is as open as you are, apparently.

And I don't think it's an issue of it being taboo or not taboo. I think it's more of an issue of appropriate versus of inappropriate conversation.

I'd be mortified, absolutely mortified, if my mom mentioned my new status to her friends, whether it be in person or on-line. But that's just me.

Yes, but this is a different time. Kids are way more open about things like this than some of us are/were.

lovinmaryland

I'd be mortified, absolutely mortified, if my mom mentioned my new status to her friends, whether it be in person or on-line. But that's just me
I was so scared my mom would tell people (family, friends, etc) that I didnt even tell her for like the first 6 months :lol:

camily

Peace
I was so scared my mom would tell people (family, friends, etc) that I didnt even tell her for like the first 6 months :lol:

Really! Wow. My daughter and her friend came running down the street (I was getting the mail) screaming my name and laughing. :lmao: They were very excited.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, but this is a different time. Kids are way more open about things like this than some of us are/were.

So Camily, there is nothing in your life that you feel is too personal to share with strangers?

Maybe for an encore you can stand in the Wal-Mart parking lot and shout to anyone in the vicinity that your daughter just started her period.

camily

Peace
So Camily, there is nothing in your life that you feel is too personal to share with strangers?

Maybe for an encore you can stand in the Wal-Mart parking lot and shout to anyone in the vicinity that your daughter just started her period.

How do you get that from me simply stating that my daughter started her period?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How do you get that from me simply stating that my daughter started her period?

Because that is immensely personal, yet you felt compelled to share it with the world, not having any idea who may or may not read all about it. It is the equivalent to you standing in the parking lot, shouting it out for all to hear. Except you reach more people on the forums, not only members but lurkers as well.

So have fun knowing some pervert is stroking one off thinking about your daughter becoming a "woman". :yay: