My freakin' car quit

MMDad

Lem Putt
bcp said:
If it was turning over but just not starting I would say that it was the muffler bearings, but seeing as how there is nothing going on,, maybe your key delaminated.
Aye, Captain, or the Dilithium Crystals are cross polarized!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Hold on, are we sure it was even her car she was trying to get into? :lmao:

Funny story, back in 96 (I think) my mom bought a new Thunderbird...white. We went to visit my aunt in Fairmont, WV, and she (the aunt) had to run out to the store real quick. My mom told her to just take the T-bird. Remember, my mom's side is Polish. :lol: So she goes to the store, goes to get in the car, and the key won't even fit in the ignition. My uncle happened to be driving by, and saw her get in this strange car so he asked her what she was doing. She said she couldn't get my mom's car to start, and he had to remind her that my mother drove a white car, not a RED one. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
camily said:
Ok, so my car runs great all the time. Today, I go to Petco to waste time before getting my nails done and when I try to start the car.....nothing. There is a "click" noise when I turn the key. The radio comes on and all the battery stuff, but no turn over attempt at all. My car is a 2002 Kia Rio. Stick. Any thoughts?
BTW, yes, I had the clutch in all the way.
Open the hood and if it looks like this you have a problem.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Nickel said:

Funny story, back in 96 (I think) my mom bought a new Thunderbird...white. We went to visit my aunt in Fairmont, WV, and she (the aunt) had to run out to the store real quick. My mom told her to just take the T-bird. Remember, my mom's side is Polish. :lol: So she goes to the store, goes to get in the car, and the key won't even fit in the ignition. My uncle happened to be driving by, and saw her get in this strange car so he asked her what she was doing. She said she couldn't get my mom's car to start, and he had to remind her that my mother drove a white car, not a RED one. :lmao:
:roflmao:

Mikeinsmd

Attachments

• ATT792089_2.jpg
    ATT792089_2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 112

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Might be the neutral safety switch. Though when you get the click you either aren't getting the solenoid to engage or the starter is shot like Mike said.

1 Inspect BATTERY Insufficient battery voltage/amperage
2 Inspect BATTERY CABLE Corroded, broken or poorly connected battery cable.
3 Inspect BATTERY CRANKING AMPS Insufficient battery amperage may require recharging or replacement
4 Inspect RELAY Damaged or faulty charging relay
5 Inspect SOLENOID SWITCH Damaged or faulty solenoid switch or solenoid switch circuit.
6 Inspect STARTER Damaged, worn, defective, or faulty starter or starter related circuit.

camily

Peace
I just came in from cleaning out the shed and checked my messages. You all are very funny. Very funny indeed. :smack: :killingme

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If you're hearing the "click" that's the solenoid kicking the starter. That eliminates the safety switch, the solenoid and probably the cables/connections. It takes a lot more juice to run the starter than it does the radio. Odds are the battery is dead

camily

Peace
aps45819 said:
If you're hearing the "click" that's the solenoid kicking the starter. That eliminates the safety switch, the solenoid and probably the cables/connections. It takes a lot more juice to run the starter than it does the radio. Odds are the battery is dead
Thanks!

Nickel said:

One better. I jumped on my bike, a 900 Kawasaki, in San diego one time. Started it up and was almost off base when I noticed it only had one rear view mirror! Then I noticed the odometer was way wrong. I returned to the lot, left it where I found it, got on my bike and got out of there. What are the odds? Key worked in a bike just like mine. :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
willie said:
Was it the cables??????
I read elsewhere that it was the floor mat bunched up and keeping the clutch from being fully depressed. It wasn't broke at all, just a little mussed up. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
:yeahthat:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Ken King said:
I read elsewhere that it was the floor mat bunched up and keeping the clutch from being fully depressed. It wasn't broke at all, just a little mussed up. :lmao:
Operator error. Who'd have ever thought it? :lmao: :killingme