New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

stgislander

Thai Inter in California makes a very good Tom Yum. I get it there often in the fall and winter. Once in a while they have summer rolls too.
I've not had much luck there. The few times I went there specifically, they were closed. It got to the point I thought they were out of business. I'll give them another shot.

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
On my way to work this morning, I saw a new place had opened or, getting ready to open, where the old Ginnys Country Diner was on 235, in Mechanicsville . It's now a Pizza Boli's.

stgislander

On my way to work this morning, I saw a new place had opened or, getting ready to open, where the old Ginnys Country Diner was on 235, in Mechanicsville . It's now a Pizza Boli's.
Is that a chain? I seem to remember going to a Pizza Boli's in Rehobeth Beach back in the early 90's.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The County Commissioners have absolutely nothing to do with beach passes in North Beach. The season fee last year for out of County was $400, in County was $200. Both categories saw the highest sales ever. Overall last year there were around 38,000 paid admissions to the beach in North Beach. July 4th was the largest one day total ever at $35,000. July 4th on June 30th (the day of the fireworks) saw total admissions of around $20,000.

ok. Someone decided not to sell season passes to out of county residents during the 2019 season. Where did you find those statistics, I can't even find the link on the prices for this year, but they are posted at the beach
I'm sorry, I didn't see this until just now.
Those numbers are actuals presented by the North Beach Waterfront Supervisor at the monthly Town Council meetings last year.
If you go on the North Beach website they still may be linked, I don't know how long the reports stay up. You'd be looking for the July, August and September 2018 meetings.

The new Mayor changed the minutes and reports format so I don't know if you'd look at the corresponding months for 2019 if they'd have comparisons to last year. They used to.

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Saw a post on the mayor of Leonardtown's FB page that Action Lounge and Billiards is going in next to Leonardtown Grill and will be opening in about a month. This is the shopping center where Salsa's is.

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Also, Mike Hewitt is planning on and is in the process of restoring, renovating, and reopening Tall Timbers Tavern AKA The Knotty Pine. Lots of memories from there!

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Herring Creek Furniture is opening up in the Cecil's Old Mill building in Great Mills on Thursday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also, Mike Hewitt is planning on and is in the process of restoring, renovating, and reopening Tall Timbers Tavern AKA The Knotty Pine. Lots of memories from there!

I was stunned to see, from Mike's posts on FB, that the interior is as it always was. I had assumed that Walt had converted it all to living space!

stgislander

There was talk at one time about moving the restaurant over at Chief's into there. That obviously fell through.