New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Don't expect TTT to be open anytime soon. Reading his posts, he is shooting to have it open in time for his 50th class reunion...in 2021. :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
I was stunned to see, from Mike's posts on FB, that the interior is as it always was. I had assumed that Walt had converted it all to living space!
I was surprised, too. It's as I remember it from my childhood. It will be great to see it restored to how it was way back when.

Grumpy

His posts said he was trying to buy adjacent property for that. I guess parking along the road like we did in the old days is long gone.
Curious if that is the place where a buddy of mine's band played in the late 60s, early 70s..Went there a few times, driving down there from DC area was like falling off the end of the earth..Enjoyed going there, was under 21 but I think the drinking age was 16 there..lol. I do remember parking was an issue. Last time there, lead singer was getting heckled by a sailor and his response ' Bite my crank, matey' didn't go over very well

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Curious if that is the place where a buddy of mine's band played in the late 60s, early 70s..Went there a few times, driving down there from DC area was like falling off the end of the earth..Enjoyed going there, was under 21 but I think the drinking age was 16 there..lol. I do remember parking was an issue. Last time there, lead singer was getting heckled by a sailor and his response ' Bite my crank, matey' didn't go over very well
Back then, if you had money they didn't care as enforcement was rather lax back then. They lowered the drinking age to 18 for beer and wine in 1974, then raised it back up to 21 in 1984. I hit the sweet spot. :lol:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
good lord, that will bring back some memories..... Some time i wonder how i survived, drinking and driving!!!!!!!!!!! Between Tall Timbers and Oak Wood tavern, am i correct, there was an Oak wood right?????

awpitt

Main Streeter
good lord, that will bring back some memories..... Some time i wonder how i survived, drinking and driving!!!!!!!!!!! Between Tall Timbers and Oak Wood tavern, am i correct, there was an Oak wood right?????
Oakwood Tavern. Oakwood Lodge.

Something like that.