New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Grumpy

His posts said he was trying to buy adjacent property for that. I guess parking along the road like we did in the old days is long gone.

Curious if that is the place where a buddy of mine's band played in the late 60s, early 70s..Went there a few times, driving down there from DC area was like falling off the end of the earth..Enjoyed going there, was under 21 but I think the drinking age was 16 there..lol. I do remember parking was an issue. Last time there, lead singer was getting heckled by a sailor and his response ' Bite my crank, matey' didn't go over very well

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Curious if that is the place where a buddy of mine's band played in the late 60s, early 70s..Went there a few times, driving down there from DC area was like falling off the end of the earth..Enjoyed going there, was under 21 but I think the drinking age was 16 there..lol. I do remember parking was an issue. Last time there, lead singer was getting heckled by a sailor and his response ' Bite my crank, matey' didn't go over very well
Back then, if you had money they didn't care as enforcement was rather lax back then. They lowered the drinking age to 18 for beer and wine in 1974, then raised it back up to 21 in 1984. I hit the sweet spot. :lol:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
good lord, that will bring back some memories..... Some time i wonder how i survived, drinking and driving!!!!!!!!!!! Between Tall Timbers and Oak Wood tavern, am i correct, there was an Oak wood right?????

awpitt

Main Streeter
good lord, that will bring back some memories..... Some time i wonder how i survived, drinking and driving!!!!!!!!!!! Between Tall Timbers and Oak Wood tavern, am i correct, there was an Oak wood right?????

Oakwood Tavern. Oakwood Lodge.

Something like that.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The construction continues for the "Imaginarium Indoor Playspace" in Solomons, next to Pepper's Pet Pantry in the Solomons Towne Centre. This indoor playground for children is geared for young people aged 1-12. Though I don't have more information, they do have a facebook page.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

New Irish Pub/Restaurant opening in the P. Fred, Greene Turtle space... O'Gannigans is the name...
Funny that, O'Gannigan, or, Gannigan, is not an Irish surname. Cannot find it listed anywhere in any Irish/Ireland website. It's a made up name. So, the theme might be Irish, but it's not really. Talk about cultural appropriation. If the name is fake, I can only imagine what the food and drink will be like.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The construction continues for the "Imaginarium Indoor Playspace" in Solomons, next to Pepper's Pet Pantry in the Solomons Towne Centre. This indoor playground for children is geared for young people aged 1-12. Though I don't have more information, they do have a facebook page.
I'm wondering if the word, "Imaginarium", is copyrighted?:D

Hank

my war
If I may ...

Funny that, O'Gannigan, or, Gannigan, is not an Irish surname. Cannot find it listed anywhere in any Irish/Ireland website. It's a made up name. So, the theme might be Irish, but it's not really. Talk about cultural appropriation. If the name is fake, I can only imagine what the food and drink will be like.

Relax, Dude....geeesh

Anything will be better than a Greene Turtle or The Taphouse... Different owners who know what they are doing.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Relax, Dude....geeesh

Anything will be better than a Greene Turtle or The Taphouse... Different owners who know what they are doing.
Well, that is definitely a true statement. And I am relaxed. Just think it's disingenuous to call it an Irish pub using fake Irish name is all.

Hank

my war
If I may ...

Well, that is definitely a true statement. And I am relaxed. Just think it's disingenuous to call it an Irish pub using fake Irish name is all.

"You may" ask the owners the meaning behind it and report back! I would rather judge them on the food they serve and not what they decided to name it...