New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

tipsymcgee

My significant other called ROFO today and the Charlotte Hall and Linda's area ROFO's are still in the process. The one that was going near the theater an Aldi's is not going to happen according to her POC.
I think the one in Charlotte Hall was put on hold or not approved due to lot size restrictions and how the turn lanes would work off Route 5, among other things. It's probably in appeals process or something at county govt level.

Clem72

Sneakers said:
Why is Royal Farm called Rofo?
Royal Farms rofo means : Right of First Offer. ... Royal Farms has a points-based loyalty program which one can earn oneself free stuff.

As my old man would say, that explanation stinks like six kinds of shet.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I apologize for upsetting anyone. I thought people knew what Royal Farms abbreviation was.

For future reference ... RF, for Royal Farms, is an abbreviation. ROFO, for Right of First Offer, is a acronym. However when writing using abbreviations and acronyms that will be repeated throughout a writing, to readers with no knowledge of their meanings, it is necessary at the beginning of a writing, usually in the first paragraph, to spell out the abbreviation and/or acronym before using them later in the writing.

Such as this, ..... Royal Farms, (RF), has created a customer marketing program they named Right of First Offer, (ROFO), used to encourage repeat business. RF has said in a statement that their ROFO program is a smashing success. :yay:

Class is dismissed. :buddies:

Clem72

For future reference ... RF, for Royal Farms, is an abbreviation. ROFO, for Right of First Offer, is a acronym. However when writing using abbreviations and acronyms that will be repeated throughout a writing, to readers with no knowledge of their meanings, it is necessary at the beginning of a writing, usually in the first paragraph, to spell out the abbreviation and/or acronym before using them later in the writing.

Such as this, ..... Royal Farms, (RF), has created a customer marketing program they named Right of First Offer, (ROFO), used to encourage repeat business. RF has said in a statement that their ROFO program is a smashing success. :yay:

Class is dismissed. :buddies:
Now explain why people refer to RF by ROFO? Do you refer to Food Lion as MVP (the name of their rewards program)? Or Shell Gas stations as FRP (Fuel Rewards Program)? I'm gonna stop by the FRP on my way to MVP. No one would know you were saying you want to get gas on the way to the grocery store.

No, because it's not their name and makes no friggin sense.

Tech

And here I thought it came from what the drunks called it after a night out, needing some of that chicken.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Now explain why people refer to RF by ROFO? Do you refer to Food Lion as MVP (the name of their rewards program)? Or Shell Gas stations as FRP (Fuel Rewards Program)? I'm gonna stop by the FRP on my way to MVP. No one would know you were saying you want to get gas on the way to the grocery store.

I have no idea why. Doesn't make sense to me all at all. Maybe they think ROFO is an abbreviation for Royal Farms after seeing it so much on a placard posted atop the gas pump advertising the program while getting gas?

willie

Just my 2 cents, but this is so annoying trying to figure out what it means. Or to have to ask. How much effort is it for people to type the actual word?
I thought POV was personally owned vehicle but no, it's point of view but no again. Tick tock says it's something I just don't understand.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

I have no idea why. Doesn't make sense to me all at all. Maybe they think ROFO is an abbreviation for Royal Farms after seeing it so much on a placard posted atop the gas pump advertising the program while getting gas?
Until recently I had only heard Black Baltimoreans and Prince George's denizens use it.

mitzi

It would be quicker to type the actual name rather than an explanation. When I'm reading something, I want to read it. Not try to figure out what the acronym means or google it.

Last edited: