New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

How to get a free quarter for the shopping cart at Aldi​

So if you don’t have a quarter, how do you get a cart without one? It turns out that’s the wrong question to ask: You can get a free quarter for the cart if you—drumroll, please—ask. Everywhere online wherepeople share their quarter hacks or complain about losing their quarter, employees pipe up to say store policy allows them to give out free quarters—up to five dollars’ worth per shift, according to one.
My house key works in the quarter slot.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
That's because those three are about the ones who charge the most, Shoppers, Food Lion and Weis not to mention Aldis are about 20 % less on most items. However since you are located in Dunkirk yes you are F**ked!
Yeah, I always like to buy food that goes bad within a few days of bringing it home, which has been my experience with Aldi/Trader Joe's, Food Lion and Weis.

phreddyp

Yeah, and they still go bad before the Use By date. Or it's old product wrapped with new product (hamburger for one). I don't think buying a "freshly baked" loaf of bread on Friday should mean that it grows mold on Monday.
Why I have the mold problem from both Giant and Teeters, it has more to do with the environment that they are stored in. Warm and high humidity and sunlight will cause any bread except potato rolls to mold up quickly.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My house key works in the quarter slot.
On the old payphones that had the 3 round coin slots at the top, a flattened drinking straw worked.
1696975419834.png

phreddyp

well, at least WEIS advertises their 4 day past expiration date milk is 40% off....

Nothing like green dot bagels and no cashiers

hey, let's not omit the 600 pound man in a chair by the registers pretending to be a "helper"....
What location is that? Weis is not my favorite store, but they do in a pinch!

SamSpade

So is anything going in, for REAL, behind Bruster's? All summer long, no activity - and suddenly, a little, this past week.
Ditto for the area across from ALDI - nothing, since forever, and the huge lot is growing trees now - but - SOME activity closer to the theater.

Anyone? I do think the place behind Bruster's is going to be abandoned eventually - the original plan looks exceedingly stupid.

Clem72

Yeah, I always like to buy food that goes bad within a few days of bringing it home, which has been my experience with Aldi/Trader Joe's, Food Lion and Weis.
Never had that issue at Aldi or Food Lion, but I have have to check every item I buy from Shoppers in Ltown as half the stuff seems to be near or past the sell by date.