New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

tipsymcgee

If the Kingfisher is also the old Stoney's, I heard from some Cobb Island folks that the guy that was running the old Shymansky's as Capt Charles may be heading there. He has been evicted I believe from Shymansky's. Probably won't be good.

Clem72

When are we getting a Jersey Mike's? I know there is one in LaPlata, but that's too far to go for a sammich.
I haven't had them. Not being rude, I like sub shops, but what sets Jersey Mikes apart from Subway, Quiznos (which was here but failed), potbelly's, firehouse subs, Jimmy John's, Blimpies, Paneras, most of the pizza places which also do subs (dominos, pizza Boli's, etc.) and of course the local non-chain places like Do Dah Deli, Jerry's Subs, St. JAmes, etc.

SandieGarry

I haven't had them. Not being rude, I like sub shops, but what sets Jersey Mikes apart from Subway, Quiznos (which was here but failed), potbelly's, firehouse subs, Jimmy John's, Blimpies, Paneras, most of the pizza places which also do subs (dominos, pizza Boli's, etc.) and of course the local non-chain places like Do Dah Deli, Jerry's Subs, St. JAmes, etc.
Not sure of the answer. Possibly the fresh sliced meats. Possibly the bread. Every sub shop has a different type of bread. We went to the one in LaPlata when they first opened. The interim manager was from Jersey. He and my wife were talking (she's from Philly) and they both said that no respectable person puts mayo on a cheesesteak sub. The meted cheese works just fine. I have to agree.

wubbles

One thing that sets them apart is they have a flattop to grill up your hot sub fresh compared to something like Subway microwaving precooked bacon.

Homer J

Power Chord
As far as chain sub shops go, Subway, Blimpies, Panera, and Firehouse don't hold a candle to Jersey Mike's. Jimmy John's is fine. Never been to Potbelly, Do Dah, or Jerrys. I am a fan of St. James.

I guess I really like Jersey Mike's because of the fresh sliced meat and cheese, freshly shredded lettuce, and cut veggies, and the "Juice" they put on them. I'm sure it's just vinegar and oil, but it really adds to the overall appeal.

SamSpade

There's only a few sub shops I don't care for - basically I like 'em all. I'm not a big fan where I have to tell them EXACTLY how to make my sandwich, down to bread, every item, every dressing. I like them to be "number 5" with a few additions - that's it.

Because otherwise, at lunchtime, I have to stand behind people asking for each item on their sandwich - and most of them are the same. It's like standing in a buffet line where some schmuck has decided they have to spoon what they want a tiny morsel at a time, can't decide what they want, and they take the time to butter their bread while people wait. It's annoying. Slop it all on, put your butter on the side - dammit.

zar

Theist
Walmart is coming to Charlotte hall. Nothing official yet but I have 2 sources close to government officials. Probably is a couple years out