New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

luvmygdaughters

Clark's Rest was always getting a light. Why would they be planning commercial facilities there if you had to drive clear over to the other side of Leonardtown to access them. They are trying to align with the location for the road that is supposed to go into downtown Leonardtown on the right that was originally supposed to be the back entrance to Leonard's Freehold (low income housing) in the neighborhood by Leonardtown Elementary. A light at the hospital would be too close to the shopping center. The state has a plan for redoing Route 5 with median strips. The light at Clark's Rest is on the plan - no matter what option is selected. I think this way the developer has to pay for it.

So a light in front of the housing development isn't to close to close to the shopping center? Are they still planning to put a road in to the back of Leonards Freehold? I thought all of that was supposed to coincide with some proposed country/golf club going in there but that had been scrapped. Wasn't all that supposed to tie in with the Leonardtown Wharf?

LtownTaxpayer

So a light in front of the housing development isn't to close to close to the shopping center? Are they still planning to put a road in to the back of Leonards Freehold? I thought all of that was supposed to coincide with some proposed country/golf club going in there but that had been scrapped. Wasn't all that supposed to tie in with the Leonardtown Wharf?

The light at the housing development is twice as far as from the shopping center with Ledos and Salsas as a light at the hospital would be. With a median being added, there would be lots of changes for Route 5. The old Gough house (currently for sale) has a drive with a gate in the Clark's Rest neighborhood. I'll bet they will close off the entrance from Route 5 for that house. According to the new Leonardtown plan, the road to Leonard's Freehold will now connect to the road coming from Route 5 because that road will go to the new development on the Mattingly Farm - conference center, new housing areas, new commercial, etc.

luvmygdaughters

Okay, I see what you're saying. When you said shopping center, I thought you meant the Food Lion shopping center. I still think its ridiculous to have 4 traffic lights within that area. The one at the Burchmart, the new one that will be put in, the one at the food lion and the one at the McKays. Unless an overpass is built in the future, I think this will just be a massive headache with the traffic. Maybe not as bad as 235 when the base lets out, but darn close. Especially if they put more housing and shops on that stretch.
Thanks for the info though, I live in Leonardtown, not too far from the firehouse and the amount of traffic has increased so much since we bought our place 15 years ago. I've lived in the Leonardtown area for about 22 years, seven years in Medleys Neck. Would love to go back to that area.

CRHS89

At one time I thought I heard they were going to close off the entrance to the Food Lion shopping center on the McDonald's end and put a light at the entrance by Pho Saigon. Anyone else hear that?

fatratcat

Tell the manager .

Isn't it a management function to inspect inventory for rotation, presentation, pricing, and appeal? I get your point about reporting things to the manager, but I have a different take as a consumer. It's the managers job to know their product, not my job to tell them how to do their job.

BigBlue

Isn't it a management function to inspect inventory for rotation, presentation, pricing, and appeal? I get your point about reporting things to the manager, but I have a different take as a consumer. It's the managers job to know their product, not my job to tell them how to do their job.

Each department has a manager while I agree with you once a customer complains then things get done .:yay:

North end (Charlotte Hall/Mechanicsville) or south end (California/Lex Park) is all I am looking for if you can divulge that much. Don't care about the actual physical location they will be in (as in shopping center name).