New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Super_Steve

Definitely could use a Taco Bell in Charlotte Hall/Mechanicsville area. I mean I like Tequila Grille, but I hate having to go down Lexington Park, Leonardtown, Waldorf and Prince Frederick to get a taste of the Bell.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
I will reach out to Taco Bell to see if they have a franchiser in the area.

The theater has a few bugs to work out if their system but it looked great.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The Good Earth in Leonardtown is organic and you would be shopping a local business.
Better yet, if they don't have it, they'll order it for you. And apparently their prices are better than Mom's. How is it people don't know about that and think Mom's is the only place to go??

Disney whats up with the new McKays in Charlotte Hall, something happen to stop construction. Its just a nice big area of dirt now with a nice green storm pond with ducks coming and going. Did the builder destroy some wetlands, there was a creek that started there on that land and ran down through the woods across the street from me in my developement Creek is still in my hood, but it looks to be the storm pond now on the construction site.

Is that the plaza across from where the current Food Lion & McKays are? I noticed they updated their sign from "to be completed in 2012" to 2013, and I saw a single bulldozer driving around there a couple months ago so I guess someone is still watching it. :lol:

Disney whats up with the new McKays in Charlotte Hall, something happen to stop construction. Its just a nice big area of dirt now with a nice green storm pond with ducks coming and going. Did the builder destroy some wetlands, there was a creek that started there on that land and ran down through the woods across the street from me in my developement Creek is still in my hood, but it looks to be the storm pond now on the construction site.
They are still waiting on some permits. Had an opportunity to get the dirt they needed at a "can't pass this up" price, so they got a grading only permit. They expect to get the rest of the permits early summer and get building.

Urbanite

Five Below moves to its new location at the Shops at Waldorf and grand opening may 10th.

That's great, D, but how about what's coming to St Mary's??? I second the Taco Bell idea from above, along with a Chick Filet, a decent grocery store, a Checkers, (all of which my boys would love) a CVS, tear down that infested Farmers Market, and lastly, do you happen to know what they are clearing the land for next to the Credit Union that's next to the WAWA?

somdfunguy

not impressed
That's great, D, but how about what's coming to St Mary's??? I second the Taco Bell idea from above, along with a Chick Filet, a decent grocery store, a Checkers, (all of which my boys would love) a CVS, tear down that infested Farmers Market, and lastly, do you happen to know what they are clearing the land for next to the Credit Union that's next to the WAWA?

those all exist in St Mary's

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive been wondering myself about the land next to the WaWa and Credit Union, theres been a bulldozer pushing dirt.

merc669

Someone told me yesterday there was a Golden Corral sign up near the old McDonalds near San Sauci. Anybody see that yet? I have not been up that way recently.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Someone told me yesterday there was a Golden Corral sign up near the old McDonalds near San Sauci. Anybody see that yet? I have not been up that way recently.

it IS the old McDonalds. I haven't seen it open yet but there's a sign and they're remodeling.

fatratcat

I as thinking a good sit down restaurant (you pick) needs to go in there.

Warren76

Wow! If the Arby's in north Waldorf (along the northbound lanes of
Route 301) gets converted into a Burger King, then Waldorf will have three
Burger Kings!

Thanks

FYI

Burger king is taking over the old Arby's in Prince Frederick

fatratcat

Burger Kings!

Fast food is bad for you. It's a kind of socioeconomic insult to a community that many don't seem to get on this forum. It seems to fly right over their heads. Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure all result from regular fast food consumption. Soooo! When I hear people getting happy about more fastfood restaurants in the community, I start to think they are dumb. You're killing yourself with this crap while corporate america laughs at you. It's a damn shame people are too dumb to know they are being taken advantage of. The only good news, if left unchecked, natural selection fixes the problem. People drink one gallon soft drinks, get fat, get diabetes, and die. Just a hard truth about the personal liberty crowd. So, go ahead build another fastfood joint and eat up.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Fast food is bad for you. It's a kind of socioeconomic insult to a community that many don't seem to get on this forum. It seems to fly right over their heads. Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure all result from regular fast food consumption. Soooo! When I hear people getting happy about more fastfood restaurants in the community, I start to think they are dumb. You're killing yourself with this crap while corporate america laughs at you. It's a damn shame people are too dumb to know they are being taken advantage of. The only good news, if left unchecked, natural selection fixes the problem. People drink one gallon soft drinks, get fat, get diabetes, and die. Just a hard truth about the personal liberty crowd. So, go ahead build another fastfood joint and eat up.

:yeahthat:

But if someone would like to put a Taco Bell in the vacant Dunkirk Arby's I would NOT be against it! :yahoo:

fatratcat

:yeahthat:

But if someone would like to put a Taco Bell in the vacant Dunkirk Arby's I would NOT be against it! :yahoo:

It is your right. According to their website "...consists of 88% Ground Beef and 12% Signature Recipe..." As long as your comfortable with 12% of "something."

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Burger Kings!

A correction to the tenants for the old Arby's sites, the one in Dunkirk will be burger king and the one in prince Frederick will be a Asian theme, I think sushi.

Clinton Arby's will be another Arby's franchiser.