New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
No not even close as this has all been gone over before I will reiterate the FTC has come up with the list in their interest to keep free open market trade going.This is all being done by the Federal Trade Commision not Giant or Food Lion the FTC come up with the list not the companies being a profitable store or not has no bearing on their call .If no buyer is found for the stores on the list a second list is made and if still no buyers are found the process is over and everything will stay as is.

So you're saying that if i own a business and it is losing money, the FTC can force me to keep it open and lose more money...?
Sounds like Venezuela.....not the USA

BlueSunday

So you're saying that if i own a business and it is losing money, the FTC can force me to keep it open and lose more money...?
Sounds like Venezuela.....not the USA

Never said that not even close .The FTC does not get involved in that this is a "merger" and yes they do get involved in those.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That would be incorecct.As in the case of the Fredicksburg Giants all three are in the black if a buyer does not purchase them Giant can and will keep them open .

I think you're mistaken, but we'll see in the near future.

Ok, let me save everyone some time here.

"Am not!"
"Are Too!"
"Am not!"
"Are Too!"
"Am not!"
"Are Too!"
"Am not!"
"Are Too!"
"Am not!"
"Are Too!"
"Am not!"
"Are Too!"

Does that cover it?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
That would be incorecct.As in the case of the Fredicksburg Giants all three are in the black if a buyer does not purchase them Giant can and will keep them open .

You're talking 3 Giants in Fredericksburg. The question is about when Giant and Food Lion have overlapping territories. So, are you getting confused or moving the goal posts? If a buyer can not be found for the ones slated for sale which have overlapping territories then they will eventually be closed.

I've watched it happen in other areas. Southern Maryland isn't "special".

BlueSunday

You're talking 3 Giants in Fredericksburg. The question is about when Giant and Food Lion have overlapping territories. So, are you getting confused or moving the goal posts? If a buyer can not be found for the ones slated for sale which have overlapping territories then they will eventually be closed.

I've watched it happen in other areas. Southern Maryland isn't "special".

I am telling you both companies have no plains to close anything ."FOR SALE ONLY".The merger is for the parent companies the individual ones in the US will still operate like normal.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I am telling you both companies have no plains to close anything ."FOR SALE ONLY".The merger is for the parent companies the individual ones in the US will still operate like normal.

And I am telling you that you are mistaken. At the end of the day stores like the Food Lion in Prince Frederick which has maybe 3 customers a day will close.

BernieP

Resident PIA
While the FTC may be forcing the sale of various stores, eventually, if a buyer can't be found they will be closed.

All the "I wish __________ would come here" are just pipe dreams in many cases because, contrary to what some wish to think, the area just doesn't have the demographics or population many of those companies look for.

Also, there is some thought that the area is somewhat over-groceried.

I guess he's a libtard and thinks the feds can force you to keep a business open.
Yes, the FTC can force them to divest, but it can't force them to stay open or a buyer to buy.

BlueSunday

And I am telling you that you are mistaken. At the end of the day stores like the Food Lion in Prince Frederick which has maybe 3 customers a day will close.

As I have said from day one of the "merger" concerning the FTC all stores are for "sale" only.If the stores are only getting three customers a day as you proclaim then it would not make sense to stay open regardless of the circumstances.People have been on here posting incorrect information for a long while now concerning this and it's wrong and dangerous.There are people who are directly effected by this merger and wrong or loose information could be very harmful to them and their families.I am not the one mistaken.

OldHillcrestGuy

Vacant Food Lion grocery store + Amish = Profitable Amish Market. Just saying... It worked in Upper Marlboro.

Very good thought, the one in Upper Marlboro is always busy. Before I retired I worked in Marlboro for 24 years, I only wish it was there for all my 24 years, was a great place to go for getting a great carry out lunch from several different places to choose from. I only discovered this place my last 2 years of working in town. They had a huge lunch crowd from all the offices in Marlboro because of having few other places to eat from.

You all are getting on BlueSunday about his post, I'm thinking he has some inside info, maybe something to do with the Food Workers union and has a idea from that connection as to what is going to happen.