New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

DEEKAYPEE8569

D*mn.....light bulb just went off.....

I was thinking 'construction in Wildewood CS??' for some reason. Y'all are talking about where that old trailer park used to be; behind Hickory Hills/Across from RT 4/235 WaWa. Yeah, I've noticed the now cleared area and the beginnings of something. Just makes me wonder how access to the place will be laid out. That intersection is "fun" enough as it is due to the backup caused by the two traffic lights on St. Andrews Church Road.

I was thinking 'construction in Wildewood CS??' for some reason. Y'all are talking about where that old trailer park used to be; behind Hickory Hills/Across from RT 4/235 WaWa. Yeah, I've noticed the now cleared area and the beginnings of something. Just makes me wonder how access to the place will be laid out. That intersection is "fun" enough as it is due to the backup caused by the two traffic lights on St. Andrews Church Road.

Like has been said, there is a site plan available. Shoot, it's probably linked in this thread somewhere. Look at it and your questions will be answered.

pelers

I don't know what they actually have PLANNED, but if they put an entrance in down 4 where there is already a light (to turn towards Target, BJs, etc) I don't think it would be horrific.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't know what they actually have PLANNED, but if they put an entrance in down 4 where there is already a light (to turn towards Target, BJs, etc) I don't think it would be horrific.

I believe that FDR Blvd will be extended from First Colony across St. Andrews into the new shopping center.

I believe that FDR Blvd will be extended from First Colony across St. Andrews into the new shopping center.

Yes, that's the plan according to the info previously released.

Here's the artist rendering of what they have planned...
091e9f21c2c94670b614fa0e82c37093.jpg

FDR Blvd is the light at the rear of the drawing.

pelers

Driving by there, on St. Andrew's, what has been cleared just doesn't seem big enough to replicate the drawing. The apartments seem much closer to Rt. 4 than in the picture.

Agreed. It's like the artist has never seen the area.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of the "new shopping center", looks like there will be more holes in some existing centers. The "rumored" closing of Food Lion stores is no longer theoretical.
It's at the point where Commissioner Morgan is concerned enough to comment on the closing of the Lexington Park Food Lion.
The little strip center in Callaway is basically the Food (soon to be vacant) Lion.

BlueSunday

Speaking of the "new shopping center", looks like there will be more holes in some existing centers. The "rumored" closing of Food Lion stores is no longer theoretical.
It's at the point where Commissioner Morgan is concerned enough to comment on the closing of the Lexington Park Food Lion.
The little strip center in Callaway is basically the Food (soon to be vacant) Lion.

They are not closing they are being sold.

http://best-met.com/column/stock-79/