New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've heard that a tip for the bartender is included with every drink poured and the wait for your food can be a bit lengthy. Until I hear a couple of solid reviews, I'll keep hitting the Front Porch because they have been on point the last several times we've been there.

I didn't realize that. I had one glass of wine and my guy isn't a big drinker so he just had a diet coke. There was a bit of a wait for dinner delivery, but I didn't get the idea that they are trying to turn tables to get you out. Then again, we had reservations.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
From all the glowing reports on restaurants in the area, I think I'll keep cooking at home.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I didn't realize that. I had one glass of wine and my guy isn't a big drinker so he just had a diet coke. There was a bit of a wait for dinner delivery, but I didn't get the idea that they are trying to turn tables to get you out. Then again, we had reservations.

Granted my info is second hand so I'll just leave it at that. We did hit up Solomon's Pier a couple weeks ago and it was pretty damn good. I will definitely have to give it another try to see if they can follow up on that good first impression.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Granted my info is second hand so I'll just leave it at that. We did hit up Solomon's Pier a couple weeks ago and it was pretty damn good. I will definitely have to give it another try to see if they can follow up on that good first impression.

I like the new Pier. I was extremely disappointed with the dish that I ordered, I couldn't make myself eat it. A good friend of mine works there, so I pulled him aside and told him there was something very wrong with it. He took my dish and immediately had the chef make him a small portion of what I had ordered and he too agreed there was something very wrong with it. No charge and offered me another selection, but by then I was done and declined. I will most definitely will go back.

We did go to The Lighthouse last night for the $16.00 prime rib dinner. OMG!!! :drool: HUGE slice of beef and two sides. Can you say OINK!?! :lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

FYI. Jerrys Place is going to be open for Valentine's Day for that special someone, and also the following day Wednesday and then the normal schedule Thur-Sun. Is that prime rib dinner a Thursday special at $16. or is the normal price? Interested in maybe going there, with the great RoseRed review.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FYI. Jerrys Place is going to be open for Valentine's Day for that special someone, and also the following day Wednesday and then the normal schedule Thur-Sun. Is that prime rib dinner a Thursday special at $16. or is the normal price? Interested in maybe going there, with the great RoseRed review.

I'm not sure. It had popped up on my FB for that day. You could always watch their feed or call them.

belvak

Happy Camper
I know I've seen something on here, but couldn't locate it for the life of me. What is the new construction at the corner of Gallant Green Road going to be? I think I remember hearing Burch Mart, but can't find anything on it. It's going up quick though!

I know I've seen something on here, but couldn't locate it for the life of me. What is the new construction at the corner of Gallant Green Road going to be? I think I remember hearing Burch Mart, but can't find anything on it. It's going up quick though!

I just asked that Monday on FB. Saw the sign yesterday. Shell station & Subway shop.

OldHillcrestGuy

Burch has owned that lot forever. He was held up from building it because it had something to do with the bypass being built and how they were going to do the intersection there at Gallant Green Rd. Now with the college ready to open just down the road, guess he figured it was time to build it. Boy will it do good on that corner.
I again heard the rumor today that Chick-Fa-La was coming to Charlotte Hall. I told the person that this rumor has been going around for a very long time, but she seemed to believe it was going to happen really soon. I heard from a very reliable source over a year ago, that don't be surprised to see one in the near future.

SHASHO where are you, yes or no to these rumors. lol

Burch has owned that lot forever. He was held up from building it because it had something to do with the bypass being built and how they were going to do the intersection there at Gallant Green Rd. Now with the college ready to open just down the road, guess he figured it was time to build it. Boy will it do good on that corner.
I again heard the rumor today that Chick-Fa-La was coming to Charlotte Hall. I told the person that this rumor has been going around for a very long time, but she seemed to believe it was going to happen really soon. I heard from a very reliable source over a year ago, that don't be surprised to see one in the near future.

SHASHO where are you, yes or no to these rumors. lol

I heard that a C-F-A is going in next to the credit union, where they have been moving dirt recently.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I heard that a C-F-A is going in next to the credit union, where they have been moving dirt recently.

if it does half as well as the one in First Colony be prepared for traffic problems :)

I don't care what time of the day (or night) I go past Chick-fil-a the drive thru and parking lot are full.
At peak times on the weekend it spills out onto the parking lot in front of Target and the road
Thank god for that boycott, can't imagine how bad it would be if they hadn't :sarcasm:

OldHillcrestGuy

That would be the logical place for it. The traffic it would generate would all be up behind Advance Auto and the credit union. I heard there were 2 pad sites up there. Most of the moving of the dirt was that the state or someone told the owners that they needed to make a better rainwater run off system. So while they were doing that, someone had mentioned on here that the owners were also going to do work on pad sites so when the day came that something was going to be built there some of the start up work would have already been done.
That rainwater run off area they built looks like it could hold the Pax. River.

That rainwater run off area they built looks like it could hold the Pax. River.

Certainly more extensive than what was done for the seemingly abandoned McKays location at Golden Beach Road. That place flooded Rt. 5 a couple times after they first did all the dirt moving. Once they fixed the drainage system it's much better, but still poorly done.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Sorry been busy - No Chic fil a for charlotte hall yet. All stormwater work just so its ready. CMI told me.

Burchmart going in hughesville with shell gas and subway.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Grille 13 is moving to old Mimis space at waldorf marketplace
Med express going in on pad site in front of giant in Waldorf
Beauty island taking over the old kincaid furniture space at Waldorf marketplace

Lex park has a donut connection to be built, as well as a new Nissan dealer
eye care center is going in half of the old DB Mcmillians space that they just redid. They also plan to expand world gym.

Bryans road started their renovations on the shopping center. No new tenants yet.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Crain highway retail center tenants (former american hardware) JRJ Tax Consultants, Zips dry cleaners, nail salon, Firehouse subs, 9 round fitness, smoothie king, Pivot / Work Pro PT

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
North Waldorf Demolition -So lots of questions about all the demolition of the Waldorf Motel, Restaurant and apartments. Greenberg Gibbons has purchased the 145 acres that was owned by Chaney Enterprises. They plan to do a mixed use development and bring high quality tenants to the area. Demolition of the Chaney building north of Sonic happened this week. A plan is still being developed for the property and I'm sure it will have input from the county as well. This will be a great gateway development into the county instead of the old out of date stuff you saw.